Sign in to follow this  
nantucket

GTN 750 Purchase

I have been trying to purchase the GTN 750 with the 30% off coupon. I downloaded the coupon, opened the file and saw symbols, letters, etc. But no coupon code/number. I then tried to download the e-commerce file and was blocked by windows 10 defender, warning of a virus!!  My sim platform is P3D v4.5. Any help will be appreciated!!

Hi,

This is an unfortunate false positive:

As for the coupon, you don't open the file (it is not a text file or whatsoever). If is a binary coupon file you're using with the "Use Coupon" feature embedded in the e-commerce installer.

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

Thank you for your quick response!! Sounds easy to me!! One quick question - can the Reality XP GTN 750 be integrated into Carenado aircraft that only integrate the F1 GTN 750? I have sent an inquiry to Carenado about the SF 340 aircraft which only integrates the F1 GTN 750. Thanks for your help.

43 minutes ago, nantucket said:

Thank you for your quick response!! Sounds easy to me!! One quick question - can the Reality XP GTN 750 be integrated into Carenado aircraft that only integrate the F1 GTN 750? I have sent an inquiry to Carenado about the SF 340 aircraft which only integrates the F1 GTN 750. Thanks for your help.

As another user I may say that I have successfully added the GTN into every Carenado aircraft that provided integration of the F1 750.  The only issue I have encountered is that in some cases the Carenado GTN faceplate blocks off the buttons on the RXP GTN's.  But yet another user has written and provided an .xml file that can be added to those aircraft as an additional gauge to overcome that issue. I personally also modified a Carenado .bmp panel file for one aircraft to even better integrate the 750 into its panel. Not something I plan to attempt for another aircraft, but the attempt was successful. I purchased and used the F1 750 in many of those aircraft prior to the better-supported RXP GTN release. I own both the RXP 650 and 750.  I do not own the Carenado 340 you referred to.  Other experienced users here may be able to share what they have done.

Please recognize in this endeavor that the gauge integration is a burden that must be borne by the aircraft developer. Another 3rd party sim add-on provider like RXP does not have rights to modify a separate simulator aircraft developer's product(s). In fact may be prohibited from doing so.  So much that happens in the simulator world, and in this wonderful Avsim community, is user-to-user sharing.

Edited by fppilot
  • Like 1

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

1 hour ago, nantucket said:

I have the RXP GTN in the SF340.. it is a simple process to replace the F1 GTN by the RXP version.

• Like 2

Bert

Thanks to both of you for your encouraging news!! I have been hesitating to purchase the Reality XP GTN 750 because I was not sure whether it could be integrated into the Carenado SF340. I have been flying the aircraft with the F1 GTN 750 with no problems until awhile ago. It starts off great, but toward the end of the flight it lags in performance, especially when I load an approach, it has problems following the course and overall hesitates each time I click on a new icon. 

They recently provided an update. Since then the GTN performance went downhill. But according to the latest post, the up coming Windows 2004 update will provide corrections or the Windows Game Mode should or should not be disabled!! By the time I read all of the opinions, I was completely confused!!  So, I think it's time to purchase the Reality XP GTN. I will get back to you, Bert, about replacing the F1 GTN in the SF 340. Thanks!!

Edited by RXP
  • Like 1

Bert,

I have purchased the Reality XP GTN 750 and downloaded it on my computer. Can you please guide me thru the process of replacing the F1 GTN with the RXP version for my Carenado SF 340? Thanks!! As I stated earlier, my sim platform is P3D v 4.5.

Bert,

I have purchased the Reality XP GTN 750 and downloaded it on my computer. Can you please guide me thru the process of replacing the F1 GTN with the RXP version for my Carenado SF 340? Thanks!! As I stated earlier, my sim platform is P3D v 4.5.

It is covered in the User Manual..

1. start up the airplane

2. look for "add-ons" in the P3D menu at the top (press ALT first)

3. choose reality xp / GTN

4. configure panel / replace GTN

5. there should be two instances, the first is the popup window

6. the second is the VC.. for that one, select the GTN 750 and also tick the "No Bezel" option.. scroll down to find it if you do not see it.

That should be it.. if problems, let me know!

• Like 1

Bert

Bert,

I successfully loaded the Reality XP GTN 750 to the Carenado 340, however, it's not what I expected!! The RXP 750 has replaced the HSI and fits within the HSI bezel.  I still have the F1 GTN 750 in the original location where Carenado wanted it to be placed. Can the RXP 750 be moved to this location, without being a popup, so that the HSI shows up in it's original position? Also, the icons, Traffic, Weather, and Services are muted, not as bright, as the other icons. Is that how it is supposed to be? Sorry for all the questions!! Thanks for your help!!

In that case redo the replacement... you must have replaced the wrong gauge... 😉

1.  Choose to undo your changes

2.  Carefully replace the F1 GTN gauge by the RXP GTN gauge..

Bert

Depending on whether you have Traffic enabled or disabled in the gauge settings, it will show up accordingly on the gauge..

Bert

Success!! It really helps if you knew what you are doing!! Everything seems to work fine except the knobs (frequency and volume). They work on the popup but not on the gauge on the panel? Also, how do I enable or disable Traffic in the gauge settings? Where are the gauge settings? The RXP GTN is alittle different than the F1 GTN. Thanks again for your help and patience!!

Success!! It really helps if you knew what you are doing!! Everything seems to work fine except the knobs (frequency and volume). They work on the popup but not on the gauge on the panel? Also, how do I enable or disable Traffic in the gauge settings? Where are the gauge settings? The RXP GTN is alittle different than the F1 GTN. Thanks again for your help and patience!!

Have you read through the Users Manual?  Many questions are covered there.  Windows Start Menu, under RXP.  
For the knobs and buttons question. Please mention what/which aircraft.  In many cases the aircraft developer's hard coded gauge template may block access to the knobs and buttons.  Three solutions.  First, you can do all tuning of frequencies on the GTN screen.  Second, you can use the popup in those aircraft.  Third, other users have written an .xml routine that you can add to most of those aircraft as a gauge.  Its not a visible gauge but it grants access to the knobs and buttons.  You will find it discussed in this Forum under the topic "Official Panel Configuration Mods"  

The Settings Menu is accessed by right-clicking on the upper edge of the GTN's bezel.  If that does not work in the VC then do that click on the top edge of the popup gauge.

• Like 1

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

Hi,

I'm glad you've finally managed to get it up and running!

Thank you @Bert Pieke and @fppilot for your assistance!

23 hours ago, nantucket said:

Also, the icons, Traffic, Weather, and Services are muted

The RXP GTN is embedding an authentic Ryan TCAD 9900BX. The integration offers you the same level of symbology and configuration you'd get with the real device (a few simulator specific differences apart).

Weather and Services require optional devices in the real world which are not available in our simulator world, therefore, these are disabled.

20 hours ago, nantucket said:

The RXP GTN is alittle different than the F1 GTN. Thanks again for your help and patience!!

This takes just a little time to grasp and hopefully we're offering superior and user-friendly configuration assistants to guide your through.

You might want to share your experience if this helps others too:

Edited by RXP

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)