Sign in to follow this  
pilot10112

Aerobask Eclipse vs Carenado c550 citation.

Hi all, I have recently become more and more intrigued by the idea of private and business jets. I have downloaded a bunch of freeware aircraft for XP11 but am in a pickle. While I am waiting for the Aerobask falcon 8X with anticipation. I am stuck between two smaller aircraft. Carenado’s Citation and Aerobask’s Eclipse, since these are both the same price, which would you recommend for good performance and fun in general. I am drawn to the citation because I have more exprience IRL with them but love the idea of both. 
Thanks in advance!

If Thranda was involved with the 'Citation' then it's going to be good.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, pilot10112 said:

Hi all, I have recently become more and more intrigued by the idea of private and business jets. I have downloaded a bunch of freeware aircraft for XP11 but am in a pickle. While I am waiting for the Aerobask falcon 8X with anticipation. I am stuck between two smaller aircraft. Carenado’s Citation and Aerobask’s Eclipse, since these are both the same price, which would you recommend for good performance and fun in general. I am drawn to the citation because I have more exprience IRL with them but love the idea of both. 
Thanks in advance!

I have the 2 Carenados -  either side of the 550 - i.e. the 525 - a little beauty to fly - and their very latest - the 560XL

which I haven't had for long - but is a rocket @3000 feet /min to 25 000.

If you want long distance - the FA 50 - 3 engines - will do 3500 miles at mach 7

whoops just noticed the XP11 bit - but I think that One of these is in there ??

Edited by jaytee73

Beautiful. I’ve been leaning towards the citation and I think I may just go for it and for the longer range wait for the aerobask 8x

2 hours ago, pilot10112 said:

Beautiful. I’ve been leaning towards the citation and I think I may just go for it and for the longer range wait for the aerobask 8x

XP11 has the FA 50 - 3jets - long range - and there is lots of Utube vids of the 550

You are repeating my thoughts re Bizjets of 3 months ago and I have enjoyed these jets in the wide blue yonder

Enjoy!!

I have the falcon in xp11...don't get that one haha.

The aerobask eclipse is nice not super systems deep but I use GTN 750 in mine with a mod.  I'd recommend getting the reality xp gtn 750 for the citation too.  There is actually a neat mod over at xplane Org which gives the c550 more power (it's a real engine mod).

It's a hard choice I'd just get them both haha.

Also consider the DDENN Challenger , it's older and use default FMS but still pretty good.  I have some screenshots of it in the screenshot forum titled "beautiful bizjet."

• Like 1

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

I have both.

The Aerobask is a good example for a general weakness of a lot of XP addons: The system simulation is inconsequent.

While this is true for the c550 in form of the FMC / CDU (it uses the LR default), the Aerobask Eclipse has a totally different avionics system implemented. While it is done well, no Eclipse IRL uses it.

If you are looking for joy, then it's a fun plane to fly. But I'd pick the C550 over it any time from a simmers perspective.

Edited by tweekz

Happy with MSFS 🙂
home simming evolved

I have both, the Aerobask Eclipse and the S550 Carenado Citation II. After watching the Corporate Pilot Professional Series from V1-Simulations on you tube I decided to purchase the S550 Citation II. I can tell you, this aircraft is an absolute fun to fly. Now my two favorite aircraft's so far are the Toliss A319 and the S550 Citation II.

I think the Bombardier CL30 ( Challenger 300) might be a a better choice

https://fsprocedures.com Your home for all flight simulator related checklist.