Sign in to follow this  
Boomer

p3dv5 slewing too fast

Any thoughts please?

spacer.png

I had the same problem at first, but now its seems to be working normally. Don't know what I did (if anything) to fix it.

I know this does not help you, but just letting you know, your not the only one. 

Rick Verhallen

i9-13900KF OC to 5.8 Ghz | 64 GIG- G.Skill 7200 RAM | Asus ROG Maximus z790 Hero Motherboard | Gigabyte  RTX 4090 OC |  47" Samsung 4K Monitor I HP Reverb G2 HMD I Varjo Aero HMD I  Windows 11

3 hours ago, Boomer said:

Any thoughts please?

I'm not sure if this is what you mean, but by default slew is mapped to a variety of controls, in my case my throttles. So set at idle the throttle sends me flying in some direction at galactic speed if I enter slew. Go to controls in P3D and change Flight Mode to Slew and see what's mapped.

And if this isn't what you meant, sorry move along, nothing to see here. 😉

• Like 1

5800X3D | Radeon RX 6900XT

2 hours ago, cwburnett said:

I'm not sure if this is what you mean, but by default slew is mapped to a variety of controls, in my case my throttles. So set at idle the throttle sends me flying in some direction at galactic speed if I enter slew. Go to controls in P3D and change Flight Mode to Slew and see what's mapped.

Edited by Soeren Jensen
wrong post

5 hours ago, Boomer said:

Any thoughts please?

Map your slewing to the arrow keys, and disconnect your controllers when you slew

I use my stick to slew. Go to options/calibration, select flight mode Slew and set the sensitivity way low (mine is set at 5)

i7-7700K @ 4.9 GHz, 32GB DDR4, GTX1080, 2 x Samsung 1TB NVMe, 1 x 3TB HDD, Windows 10 Prof

I also slew with my flight stick never the keyboard, that's why I had to get rid of my Sidewinder would not stay in place could no longer calibrate correctly. Did well though for some 20 years.

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

Had to remove like a hundred key and axis binds as I have multiple controller devices.  Okay now.

spacer.png

8 hours ago, cwburnett said:

thanks for that - fixed my issue too - I can now slew without it blasting off