Sign in to follow this  
meiztom

Anyone catch the leak posted on Reddit earlier?

3 hours ago, canadiantree said:

I don't know if we saw the same video but I thought the movements looked odd, kind of how waves move which didn't look too realistic. I'm sure it'll be tweaked for release, the grass looks amazing visually!

Yeah... there could be more random variety in movement. But hey, regarding we rarely get any grass in other sims, this is nitpicky. And as you say - there is some time for improvement still.

• Upvote 1

Happy with MSFS 🙂
home simming evolved

Bah, I've tried to find this footage and I'm giving up.  I've wasted too much time on this already, lol!

• Like 1

I looked up some real landings at Sedona on Youtube and noticed these had quite a lot of turbulence too. One video even mentioned that turbulence around Sedona is quite common.
Seems this sim actually ís becoming As Real As It Gets.

• Upvote 3

Flightsim rig:
PC: AMD 5900x with Dark Rock Pro 4 cooler | MSI X570 MEG Unify | 32GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo | Gigabyte Aorus Master RTX 3090 | Corsair RM850x | Fractal Define 7 XL
AV: Acer Predator x34 3440x1440 monitor | Logitech Z906 speakers
Controllers: Fulcrum One Yoke | MFG Crosswind v2 pedals | Honeycomb Bravo TQ | Stream Deck XL | TrackIR 5

I didn't find it either... Considering that I'm a marketing manager, this is really embarassing 😄

• Like 3

Tomáš Pokorný

sign.php?call=160   signature-dark.png

SYSTEM -> CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K @ 5.0 GHz | GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 Ti @ 2027 MHz | RAM: 2x8 GB G.Skill Trident RGB 3200 MHz | MOBO: AsRock Z370 Extreme 4 | SSD: Kingston 256 GB, Samsung 860 EVO 1 TB | HDD: Western Digital 1 TB | CPU COOLER: Corsair H115i | CASE: Corsair Obsidian Series 750D | PSU: Seasonic Focus Gold 750W 

EQUIPMENT -> YOKE: Saitek Pro Flight Yoke System + Throttle Quadrant, Saitek X52 | RUDDER PEDALS: Saitek Pedals | CAMERA: TrackIR 5

Continues to blow me away. If I found the right one, it looks like the Sedona footage is from a much earlier build, too (1.2.12.0), which means things are only getting better.

The one of the A320 and the real-time changing of weather and time is mind boggling for me (an FSX player). Man, this sim is going to be next level. I'm just so happy that it's finally, truly becoming next-gen—and with full community integration at that.

• Like 5

Best regards, happy flying,

Wallace

I understand it's in alpha but I can't say I was blown away after watching the clips. The textures close to the ground look bad and overall looked meh. I'm also seeing similar stutters we've endured with FSX/P3D.

7 hours ago, orchestra_nl said:

I looked up some real landings at Sedona on Youtube and noticed these had quite a lot of turbulence too. One video even mentioned that turbulence around Sedona is quite common.
Seems this sim actually ís becoming As Real As It Gets.

Way back in 2008 me and 3 other ERAU kids were trying to land a 172SP at Sedona.

After I did 2 go arounds my buddy took over and did 2 go arounds, we switched to approach from the other end of the runway and 5th time was the charm.

Turbulence and gusts doesn't begin to describe it.

Edit: Just saw the video. Holy windshear batman! That made me so uncomfortable as a pilot.

Edited by WestAir
  • Like 2

Take-offs are optional, landings are mandatory.
The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire.
To make a small fortune in aviation you must start with a large fortune.

There's nothing less important than the runway behind you and the altitude above you.
It's better to be on the ground wishing you were in the air, than in the air wishing you were on the ground.

2 hours ago, YVRDXBLHR said:

I understand it's in alpha but I can't say I was blown away after watching the clips. The textures close to the ground look bad and overall looked meh. I'm also seeing similar stutters we've endured with FSX/P3D.

The texture are from quality of the video uploaded. It has nothing to do with the quality of the textures in the sim.

• Like 2

Gaming Laptop:
MSI GS75 Stealth 5.6GHz Intel Core i9 - 10th gen 16 core CPU  -  32 GB DDR4 SDRAM  - 1TB SSD - RTX 2080 Super - 1920x1080 - 3 fans and cooling pipes.

2 minutes ago, BijanStudio said:

The texture are from quality of the video uploaded. It has nothing to do with the quality of the textures in the sim.

Exactly.

Also did anyone see his spin video? Can we talk about those fluid flight dynamics? DCS doesn't model edge of envelope flying the way I saw in that spin video. Man this game is going to be amazing!

• Like 1

There's nothing less important than the runway behind you and the altitude above you.
It's better to be on the ground wishing you were in the air, than in the air wishing you were on the ground.

2 hours ago, WestAir said:

Exactly.

Also did anyone see his spin video? Can we talk about those fluid flight dynamics? DCS doesn't model edge of envelope flying the way I saw in that spin video. Man this game is going to be amazing!

If it was the TBM, I noticed that the stall whistle kicks in already well in green speed tape area. At least on the HUD. While the AOA is clearly red already, this might be due to the fact, that the airflow has detached due to extreme flight state (well done ASOBO in that case) or the speed tape reacts delayed.

Edited by tweekz
  • Like 2

Happy with MSFS 🙂
home simming evolved

1 hour ago, tweekz said:

If it was the TBM, I noticed that the stall whistle kicks in already well in green speed tape area. At least on the HUD. While the AOA is clearly red already, this might be due to the fact, that there the airflow has detached due to extreme flight state (well done ASOBO in that case) or the speed tape reacts delayed.

It went by AOA I guess.

The stall region of the speed tape didn't budge despite the changes in bank angle. It would probably take half a day for a single developer to fix that, so it's probably down at the bottom of the list of fixes for ASOBO. They got that whistle right though!

By far the best clip of all was the one depicting various soundscapes. From the parked XCub by the shore to the DA40 on the airport tarmac with the amazing looking and sounding rain and also the TBM enjoying the bird chirping and the wind blowing. All those simply had me floored. 😍

Edited by FAZZ3
  • Like 6

Can a A320 actually take off from Courchevel?  I didn't think this kind of things was possible in MSFS...

Edited by Noooch
  • Like 2

I am curious to see them...and till 1 week far from next Discovery Series..

Are they still available somewhere? Or am I no longer wasting my time searching? 😋