Sign in to follow this  
meiztom

Anyone catch the leak posted on Reddit earlier?

3 minutes ago, Claviateur said:

I did not know they have am alternative generic world with generic textures for offline mode.

I wasn‘t aware of it either but it looks like it. There‘s also what looks like a procedurally generated road network.

• Like 1

i9-11900K, RTX 4090, 32 GB ram, Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo, TCA Airbus sidestick and quadrant, Reverb G2

4 minutes ago, Shack95 said:

I wasn‘t aware of it either but it looks like it. There‘s also what looks like a procedurally generated road network.

Oh then if this is the case, the offline mode will be more or less a higher quality version of the actual simulators' generic terrain architecture.

Scenery for Flight Simulators since 1998

31 minutes ago, Claviateur said:

Oh then if this is the case, the offline mode will be more or less a higher quality version of the actual simulators' generic terrain architecture.

Way higher I'd say... If you rewatch the first Discovery Episode and the first videos they've talked about the scenery, you will see the scenery base will be there, no matter if you are running it on the online or offline mode.

The water masks are the same, the shorelines are the same, the buildings (execpt the photogrammmetry areas of course) are the same.

Also remember the A.I.: https://blackshark.ai/ 😉

Edited by ca_metal
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, ca_metal said:

Way higher I'd say... If you rewatch the first Discovery Episode and the first videos they've talked about the scenery, you will see the scenery base will be there, no matter if you are running it on the online or offline mode.

The water masks are the same, the shorelines are the same, the buildings (execpt the photogrammmetry areas of course) are the same.

Is Microsoft the partner they will be announcing soon?

MSFS. Hardware: AMD 5600X @4.0Ghz, Corsair H100i RGB Pro XT AIO, MSI MPG B550i Gaming Edge WiFi mobo, RTX 3080ti 12GB FE GPU , G.Skill TridentZ Royal 32GB (2x16) DDR4-3600 RAM CL16, PNY XLR8 3030 1 TB SSD (OS + SIM), Crucial P5 1TB M.2 pcie-3 NVMe SSD (data) . Corsair SF750 80+ Platinum PSU, NZXT H200i Mini ITX Tower.  38" LG UltraGear  38GN950-B display. 4x QL120 fans

1 minute ago, canadiantree said:

Is Microsoft the partner they will be announcing soon?

Look at the blurred image here, it's in the background of the site:
FirstCustomers2.png

The name of the image is FirstCustomers2. And this, I'm pretty sure, in the sim (San Francisco).

Edited by ca_metal
  • Like 4

Is this San Francisco? Microsoft are not the only ones who can create an existing city 🙂

14 minutes ago, ca_metal said:

Yes without any doubt it will be way better than any generic simulator worlds we have now.

But honestly, in the Discovery video you mention, I never noticed the procedural / generic textures for the offline mode (instead of aerial imagery). I will watch it again, take screen captures and zoom in, in Photoshop 😉

Ummm the link to this website  dealing with AI technology vs world creation is intriguing indeed with their soon to come announcement 🧐 

Edited by Claviateur

4 minutes ago, Claviateur said:

Yes without any doubt it will be way better than any generic simulator worlds we have now.

But honestly, in the Discovery video you mention, I never noticed the procedural / generic textures for the offline mode (instead of aerial imagery). I will watch it again, take screen captures and zoom in, in Photoshop 😉

Ummm the link to this website  dealing with AI technology vs world creation is intriguing indeed with their soon to come announcement 🧐 

They’ve showed Seattle in offline mode in the discovery series.

13 minutes ago, ca_metal said:

Look at the blurred image here, it's in the background of the site:
FirstCustomers2.png

The name of the image is FirstCustomers2. And this, I'm pretty sure, in the sim (San Francisco).

Ummm interesting. However:

Now MS has its own in-house Azure machine/deep/etc learning (AI) tech. One of the major pillar of MSFS is leveraging MS in-house AI tech for data fetching.

This company you mentioned also deals with virtual worlds creation using AI.

The blurred screen capture shows indeed a simulator like city from the air.

Now if we do some math here with what I just mentioned, we find that things are a bit contradictive right?

But what if the First Customer or annoucenemnt is the company that develops the other (competitor) simulator?!  🙊

41 minutes ago, ca_metal said:

They're from Austria and they've worked together with Microsoft Studios in some form or other (https://www.bongfish.com/our-story/). Didn't they say that a small team in Austria was involved? Interesting... 🤔

• Like 1

i9-11900K, RTX 4090, 32 GB ram, Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo, TCA Airbus sidestick and quadrant, Reverb G2

17 minutes ago, Shack95 said:

They're from Austria and they've worked together with Microsoft Studios in some form or other (https://www.bongfish.com/our-story/). Didn't they say that a small team in Austria was involved? Interesting... 🤔

Wow I am learning new stuff today. Thanks 🙂

1 hour ago, ca_metal said:

Interesting stuff, isn't it?

Edited by trainplane3

1 hour ago, Claviateur said:

Ummm interesting. However:

Now MS has its own in-house Azure machine/deep/etc learning (AI) tech. One of the major pillar of MSFS is leveraging MS in-house AI tech for data fetching.

This company you mentioned also deals with virtual worlds creation using AI.

The blurred screen capture shows indeed a simulator like city from the air.

Now if we do some math here with what I just mentioned, we find that things are a bit contradictive right?

But what if the First Customer or annoucenemnt is the company that develops the other (competitor) simulator?!  🙊

It isn't necessarily contradictory as Azure AI is a platform for others to build their AI on top of. So in this case, MS and Asobo may have contracted out some of the work to this Blackshark company. Maybe Blackshark already had a prototype that MS or Asobo had seen? Similar to how Microsoft brought in Asobo themselves to build the sim instead of building it entirely in-house in Seattle.

Edited by goates
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, MaVe64 said:

Those tall trees in front of the runway at Sedona shouldn't be there... Should be bushes. In fact, all the trees shouldn't be there, looks more like a rain forest then the Grand Canyon. 

There is something suspicious about this alleged "screenshot..." 

...it is missing the username "watermark" entirely. 😖

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

3 minutes ago, n4gix said:

There is something suspicious about this alleged "screenshot..." 

...it is missing the username "watermark" entirely. 😖

if you got some Photoshop skilled, it can me be removed without too much trouble.

https://fsprocedures.com Your home for all flight simulator related checklist.