Sign in to follow this  
meiztom

Anyone catch the leak posted on Reddit earlier?

4 minutes ago, fogboundturtle said:

if you got some Photoshop skilled, it can me be removed without too much trouble.

Even with the pro tools available in PS, it is nearly impossible to remove all traces because of the smearing residue left behind.

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Just now, n4gix said:

Even with the pro tools available in PS, it is nearly impossible to remove all traces because of the smearing residue left behind.

yeah. I can leave residue but my tag won't be illegible

https://fsprocedures.com Your home for all flight simulator related checklist.

Looks like a match to me. :ph34r:

FirstCustomers2.png

Seagulls-stop-it-now.jpg

huey1177.gif

• Like 14
  • Upvote 1

Well done jpc! 

• Like 2

MSFS. Hardware: AMD 5600X @4.0Ghz, Corsair H100i RGB Pro XT AIO, MSI MPG B550i Gaming Edge WiFi mobo, RTX 3080ti 12GB FE GPU , G.Skill TridentZ Royal 32GB (2x16) DDR4-3600 RAM CL16, PNY XLR8 3030 1 TB SSD (OS + SIM), Crucial P5 1TB M.2 pcie-3 NVMe SSD (data) . Corsair SF750 80+ Platinum PSU, NZXT H200i Mini ITX Tower.  38" LG UltraGear  38GN950-B display. 4x QL120 fans

4 hours ago, Anthracite said:

Aye, we all agreed. We just also said that we’re sure asobo too knows that it’s wrong lol 

Exactly. In german there is a saying "der Ton macht die Musik". (it's not what you say, but how you say it)

• Like 1

Happy with MSFS 🙂
home simming evolved

2 hours ago, ca_metal said:

The water masks are the same, the shorelines are the same, the buildings (execpt the photogrammmetry areas of course) are the same.

That must be an insane amount of data. After all, they also said to put every tree where it is in real life (as long as detectable).

Happy with MSFS 🙂
home simming evolved

Great find @ca_metal and @jpc55!

• Like 2

i9-11900K, RTX 4090, 32 GB ram, Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo, TCA Airbus sidestick and quadrant, Reverb G2

Microsoft has a history of buying out companies when it spots talent and would prefer to have full control over it or see its progress accelerated; https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_mergers_and_acquisitions_by_Microsoft#Acquisitions

I wonder how long before this company (which looks like a start-up) joins the fold?

Kind of like how Epic games bought up Quixel; https://www.pcgamer.com/uk/epic-games-acquires-quixel-and-its-huge-library-of-photogrammetry-assets/

By the way, if you want to see what state-of-the-art game design is like, have a look at the new Unreal 5 engine revealed last week https://vimeo.com/417882964. Note how their engine has no LOD issues with pop-ups and can draw losslessly out to the horizon and runs fine on an Xbox and PlayStation....Those who are still cognitively wedded to FSX and XP expectations should think for a moment about the extinction of the dinosaurs.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Claviateur said:

But what if the First Customer or annoucenemnt is the company that develops the other (competitor) simulator?!  🙊

One of the leaked vids from yesterday is some kind of game launch intro which shows this companies logo.

Edited by tweekz
  • Like 4

Happy with MSFS 🙂
home simming evolved

6 minutes ago, tweekz said:

One of the leaked vids from yesterday is some kind of game launch intro which shows this companies logo.

Your right Tweekz it's the video that says Stand-alone game in Icemans video section, the vid shows Asobo and then shows Blacksharks.ai logo on the next screen.

• Like 3

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D, GIGABYTE X570 Aorus Ultra, 32GB DDR4 3600 MHz RAM, 2* 1 TB SSD,1*4 TB M.2, 2*1 TB M.2, (4TB) HDD,RADEON RX 6800XT NITRO+ OC SE 16GB GDDR6, NZXT Kraken X73, NZXT 710 Case, X55 JOYSTICK/THROTTLES, LG 4K monitor, Dell 1080 monitor. Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Bravo Throttle. Thrustmaster TPR Pedals. Tobii Eye tracker.

If anything, this leak just proves the community’s appetite for video based teasers rather than the dozen screenshots which they upload every week. 

• Like 7
  • Upvote 2

I believe the previous posts demonstrate that this company indeed will be or is already involved in the project.

This is something I did not expect at all. I thought it was a duo between Asobo and MS

And this is somehow showing MS is investing in such solutions for MSFS and probably other possible titles for its XBox division and portfolio.

Scenery for Flight Simulators since 1998

It's like they say in programming, don't reinvent the wheel. I'm sure you can find a that a lot of these aaa games license and uses  tech from other companies. It'll say it right when the games starts up

why we can't post pictures or videos from this leak even if we are not under NDA ? i will never be caught for the alpha so i don't care 

My best content 👇                

spacer.png                              

R7-3800XT // 32Gb@3200 // B550 TUF// NVIDIA 3090 FE // 1TB 980Pro M.2 // Seasonic GOLD GX-850W // Philips OLED 804 // YOKE Honeycombe + Throttle X52 Pro // Windows 10

It's easy enough to find this stuff without having to post it.

A Reddit post from 5 hours ago links to all sorts of stuff.