Sign in to follow this  
meiztom

Anyone catch the leak posted on Reddit earlier?

1 hour ago, MatthewS said:

That people are devouring leak videos speaks volumes about Asobo's failed relationship with the community.

I‘m sure what you meant to say is it speaks volumes about those people who disrespect rules and leak videos.

43 minutes ago, MatthewS said:

All Asobo needs to do

No they don’t.

13 minutes ago, Doug47 said:

You've already been embarrassed in front of thousands, if not millions, all over the world, so yeah, 'critique' away! 

Really, how so?

13 minutes ago, zalox said:

ok ok, but someone has found any new leaked video?

8 minutes ago, HiFlyer said:

LOL

Not enough?  Only their global range, not wasting money on their other products that just highlight the comically oversize autogen and trees, which I turn off.

7 minutes ago, YVRDXBLHR said:

Wasn't it claimed that everyone who signed up would get a shot at the alpha? The entire process has been flawed from day. I've tested for other mainstream games and they usually have set requirements, don't meet them you don't get in. This to me seems like MS is collecting a lot of information from users but only allowing a small % access to the alpha. Sneaky.

Yes, I agree... it's flawed.

Matthew S

Let's be honest, this kind of interaction between developers and fans is extremely rare nowadays, especially considering there's a huge corporation behind them. We should be thankful for all the efforts they're making to communicate with us and try to make the wait easier, and it might be helpful to remember the amount of communication we've had with most of the other simulators' developers. Now that is what I would call a failure.

I would love more videos, especially considering I might not even get to play the simulator for the next year or so, and I enjoy watching these leaks. But there is no doubt that we'll keep wanting more and more, and at some point it would be impossible to produce or select enough footage to meet the demand. Commissioning long videos from the testers that would be appropriate for public view might take away too much from development and testing, and it is not something that testers are required to do anyway. Right now I imagine they're just selecting the best screenshots of the week.

• Like 9
  • Upvote 3

you guys sound more like  you are jaded for not getting in into the alpha than anything else. Now you are projecting your frustration on Asobo. 

• Like 8
  • Upvote 2

https://fsprocedures.com Your home for all flight simulator related checklist.

7 minutes ago, badderjet said:

I‘m sure what you meant to say is it speaks volumes about those people who disrespect rules and leak videos.

10,000+ alpha testers, Asobo knew it would happen.  So now is the time to open up the "alpha" to everyone.

• Upvote 1

Matthew S

You sound like an obnoxious little kid, Matthew. Just stop. Please. 

• Like 7

37 minutes ago, YVRDXBLHR said:

Wasn't it claimed that everyone who signed up would get a shot at the alpha?

If you buy a lottery ticket you get a "shot" at winning but you probably won't.

Edited by Jazz
  • Like 1

5800X3D - Strix X570-E - 32GB 3600Mhz DDR4 - ASUS TUF 6900XT- Samsung 980 Pro x2                                                     

15 minutes ago, YVRDXBLHR said:

Wasn't it claimed that everyone who signed up would get a shot at the alpha? The entire process has been flawed from day. I've tested for other mainstream games and they usually have set requirements, don't meet them you don't get in. This to me seems like MS is collecting a lot of information from users but only allowing a small % access to the alpha. Sneaky.

Perhaps the demand for Tech Alpha participation was much, much higher than they anticipated, and they have mentioned the overwhelming response in an older development update. Also keep in mind that there are still two upcoming major Alpha builds (which means at least two more invite waves), and a Closed Beta. There is still a chance for you to test the simulator before its release.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, MatthewS said:

10,000+ alpha testers, Asobo knew it would happen.  So now is the time to open up the "alpha" to everyone.

Matthew what’s your honest opinion on why you think they haven’t opened alpha or provided more videos?

6 minutes ago, Doug47 said:

You sound like an obnoxious little kid, Matthew. Just stop. Please

Really? Waiting for you to tell me how I've been embarrassed in front of millions....

3 minutes ago, Carts85 said:

Matthew what’s your honest opinion on why you think they haven’t opened alpha or provided more videos?

Who knows, 10,000+ testers is not an "alpha", it's already in open beta territory...   I suspect however they are having serious performance issues on lower spec machines.

• Upvote 1

Matthew S

34 minutes ago, fogboundturtle said:

you guys sound more like  you are jaded for not getting in into the alpha than anything else. Now you are projecting your frustration on Asobo. 

I don't think this is true.

I believe the core issue for a lot of us is the promise that was made that everyone who signed up would be able to get access to the alpha. If MS/Asobo came out and said we're limiting alpha participation to say 10,000 or 5,000 or had a set requirement I bet half the people wouldn't have signed up.

And let's not forget how much information was provided to MS/Absobo in a form of a detailed survey and dxdiag file because most of us thought we would get access based on what was communicated. That's a lot of personal information we've handed over for nothing.

Edited by YVRDXBLHR
  • Like 1

Honestly, just be grateful for what you guys have. Asobo doesn't have to give us jack if they don't want to, but instead they use their valuable time keeping touch with the community. I agree, they could share more pictures and videos, but they are developing probably the most advanced flight simulator to date, so forgive them if they can't or just don't want to share everything with the community. At least not enough for your standards. You have plenty of pictures and leaked videos, and that should be satisfactory enough. You'll learn everything you can possibly want when it gets released, so I guess you will just have to be patient and be satisfied with what you have.

• Like 2

Come here seeing 250+ replies and I thought oh wow a new leak? Must be exciting, only to come here and find people are feeding into the well-known troll’s clearly entitled and delusional comments with some sort of agenda. Way to derail a fun discussion. 

• Like 5

C'mon people! He turns up in the thread and within one or two post the whole thing's derailed and the attention is all on him. Can you not see he's playing some of you as chumps. Don't feed it oxygen and use the ignore function.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 2

Boy this got out of hand quickly lol.

Nobody's guaranteed access, but the frustration that's starting to boil over is pretty understandable in my opinion. 

Asobo has made the decision to use the alpha as a marketing tactic, and it's valid and completely their choice, but they have been pretty opaque about who is being selected throughout the process. The people who really care to get in are naturally the group of people who are the most dedicated and excited about the release.

So keeping the alpha exclusive and limited is fine for a while. It accomplishes their goal of building buzz and letting a steady drip of content come out a time, and it keeps us all on the hook and wanting more. But I think we're starting to see the downsides of this strategy as frustration builds and people start to feel strung along.

My opinion doesn't mean anything and I've kept my expectations in check, but it would be nice to see them either open up the alpha to a wider audience, or just put forward some more information on their plans and what we can expect. Maybe they plan to do this soon, but I think until they do we're going to see more threads like these, and a lot of angry flight sim fans. And considering Microsoft's shaky reputation within our niche community that doesn't seem like the best footing to start out on with their reentry back into the market.

Just my .02

Edited by DiscoSweat
  • Like 4
  • Upvote 1