Sign in to follow this  
meiztom

Anyone catch the leak posted on Reddit earlier?

Yes people are starting to get frustrated now. There is a huge thread on msfs official subreddit regarding the alpha participation issue. The general consensus seems to be that the alpha process has been poorly handled since day one.

• Upvote 2

Baber

My Youtube Channel http://www.youtube.com/user/HDOnlive

2 minutes ago, Baber20 said:

Yes people are starting to get frustrated now. There is a huge thread on msfs official subreddit regarding the alpha participation issue. The general consensus seems to be that the alpha process has been poorly handled since day one.

Really? I think it's been handled fine. They told us as the beginning their goal was to get everyone who wanted to be a tester into some part of the testing phase. That testing phase seems to still have a long way to go, so they haven't even come close to failing that goal. And honestly, even if they fail that goal in the end, I don't really care. I've given nothing and expect nothing.

Now, if they said, "Anyone who pays us can get in," and a bunch of people paid and didn't get in, then I'd agree it's been poorly handled. 

• Like 6
  • Upvote 2

50 minutes ago, Dermot McClusky said:

Really? I think it's been handled fine. They told us as the beginning their goal was to get everyone who wanted to be a tester into some part of the testing phase. That testing phase seems to still have a long way to go, so they haven't even come close to failing that goal. And honestly, even if they fail that goal in the end, I don't really care. I've given nothing and expect nothing.

Now, if they said, "Anyone who pays us can get in," and a bunch of people paid and didn't get in, then I'd agree it's been poorly handled. 

Exactly. Some of the posts here are bizarre in my view. No one forced people to sign up for the alpha. You get in, then great, otherwise deal with it. The alpha process and invites IS TO IMPROVE the simulator and provide valuable feedback. Not to give an early fly-around for over excited flight simmers who dont want to wait until release. If they have all they need then they have handled alpha well.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 3

The way things have been handled so far this could be some sort of psychological test. Divide your test subjects into two groups. The first group will send photos every week of all the fun they're having. The second group can only look at the screenshots while getting rejected from the fun time and a time again.

I wonder if this is how MS/Asobo would orchestrate the Alpha test program again if they were allowed to go back in time.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Kopteeni said:

I wonder if this is how MS/Asobo would orchestrate the Alpha test program again if they were allowed to go back in time.

Frankly, I find all the sulking and stropping and whinging about the alpha and not getting into it utterly pathetic.

It's just bizarre.

• Like 7
  • Upvote 2

5800X3D - Strix X570-E - 32GB 3600Mhz DDR4 - ASUS TUF 6900XT- Samsung 980 Pro x2                                                     

2 hours ago, FAZZ3 said:

Come here seeing 250+ replies and I thought oh wow a new leak? Must be exciting, only to come here and find people are feeding into the well-known troll’s clearly entitled and delusional comments with some sort of agenda. Way to derail a fun discussion. 

Are talking about me? I'm not a troll and have no agenda, been using FS since version 2 on C64 (Bruce Artwick/Sublogic), do you remember that one?

Seems you're happy to consume new video leaks so you must not be satisfied with Asobo's efforts either (i.e. lack of videos).

• Like 2

Matthew S

6 minutes ago, sanh said:

No one forced people to sign up for the alpha.

But why lie to get people to sign up? They clearly stated that everyone that signed up would get be accepted at some point which is why a lot of us signed up in the first place. They've continued to push this narrative during their updates and have even told people to upgrade their profiles but judging from this forum, FB groups and reddit only a very small number of people got invites over the past month and with the beta nearing I doubt we'll see a big wave of invites.

This will be my last post regrading this topic because this post is going off topic but like I said earlier I feel the alpha participation was a way for MS to collect valuable personal information on users based on false and deceptive tactics by basically lying that everyone would get access but we all know this isn't going to happen.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Jazz said:

Frankly, I find all the sulking and stropping and whinging about the alpha and not getting into it utterly pathetic.

Because 10,000+ users is not an alpha... it's a lottery... with many "alpha testers" 🙄 that are happy to breach the NDA and update videos.   Hence they should open up the "alpha" to everyone.

Edited by MatthewS
  • Like 3

Matthew S

10 minutes ago, Jazz said:

It's just bizarre.

Perhaps MS should tell that to all the people who signed up?

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, MatthewS said:

Because 10,000+ users is not an alpha... it's a lottery... with many "alpha testers" 🙄 that are happy to breach the NDA and update videos.   Hence they should open up the "alpha" to everyone.

For goodness sake, how old are you?

• Like 5

5800X3D - Strix X570-E - 32GB 3600Mhz DDR4 - ASUS TUF 6900XT- Samsung 980 Pro x2                                                     

5 minutes ago, Jazz said:

For goodness sake, how old are you?

45+ 😱 and you?  Your point is?

Edited by MatthewS
  • Like 1

Matthew S

Just now, MatthewS said:

45+ and you?  Your point is?

That your entitled yammering on this makes you sound like a child. They owe you nothing.

But fear not, Christmas is never far away. However, if all this has made you feel dreadfully hard done by then you can always vote with your wallet, can't you? Or do you think that if you keep making your demands they will give you what you want?

Like I said. Bizarre.

• Like 8

2 minutes ago, Jazz said:

That your entitled yammering on this makes you sound like a child. They owe you nothing.

But fear not, Christmas is never far away. However, if all this has made you feel dreadfully hard done by then you can always vote with your wallet, can't you? Or do you think that if you keep making your demands they will give you what you want?

Like I said. Bizarre.

Ok thanks for your advice Dad.

Matthew S

19 minutes ago, MatthewS said:

Ok thanks for your advice Dad.

It was warranted since you act like a child. Very obnoxious, spoilt one. By the way, are you sure your age isn't 4.5? 

• Like 2

And speaking OF the leaks, I find them vastly inferior to the official video we've been given. At least with official sources we get the background and reasons why things are done and how they're done. 

Now THAT is my kind of update that I want while it's still in development.  < read that again kids. 

Not some silly video of people fooling around doing nothing with seemingly no rhyme or reason telling me nothing. 

• Like 3