Sign in to follow this  
meiztom

Anyone catch the leak posted on Reddit earlier?

The open Alpha idea altogether is not something that happens too frequently in this manner.

An Open Alpha is not the equivalent of an Early Access. It does not have the same purpose or democracy. And the company can be selective of its pool of testers and this is normal.

Initially, I thought myself that the SDK was an early access, when they mentioned it would be available before new year (2020) and I expressed my frustration when they mentioned the partners thing... But soon after, I understood (or noticed what others noticed before me) that it's an Alpha as well aka not complete and only meant for a closed group of commercial developers for obvious reasons...

What we are witnessing in this elegant Marketing process is something we can call "the road to MSFS release". The way this "road" (aka Alpha) is publicized, makes it sound like an early access or a Beta... But unfortunately it is not... It's an incomplete and incremental software meant to be tested early enough for the purpose of having enough bench results on the relevant pool of hardware and with unpredictable and different use cases. This gives, hopefully, enough margin of manoeuvres for Asobo to start optimizing as early as possible... 

All in all, I think the Open Beta should be the relevant moment to be frustrated if we are not selected 🙂

Edited by Claviateur
  • Like 5
  • Upvote 1

Scenery for Flight Simulators since 1998

5 minutes ago, Doug47 said:

It was warranted since you act like a child. Very obnoxious, spoilt one. By the way, are you sure your age isn't 4.5? 

Yes of course, anyone with a dissenting opinion is a child... I got it now, thanks.

2 minutes ago, Doug47 said:

And speaking OF the leaks, I find them vastly inferior to the official video we've been given. At least with official sources we get the background and reasons why things are done and how they're done. 

Now THAT is my kind of update that I want while it's still in development.  < read that again kids. 

Not some silly video of people fooling around doing nothing with seemingly no rhyme or reason telling me nothing.

The shiny, highly polished, curated Asobo videos are mostly marketing fluff... There's a limit to how many times a person can watch the same thing without getting bored. The leaked videos show MSFS is outstanding, even with some rough edges.

• Like 5

Matthew S

7 minutes ago, MatthewS said:

The shiny, highly polished, curated Asobo videos are mostly marketing fluff... There's a limit to how many times a person can watch the same thing without getting bored. The leaked videos show MSFS is outstanding, even with some rough edges.

These videos show how the simulator look and feel and behave with its maximum graphic capacity on the optimum peace of hardware.

It is a normal demonstration that is relevant and logical for a company to display to promote and showcase its talent and skills vs the technology of today. And to publicize the product in it's max value...

What Asobo are showing us is what MSFS should look like if it's well served by the proper hardware... A mother company will never ever reduce the settings of its software and promote 3/4 or 1/2 of its capability... 

Edited by Claviateur

19 minutes ago, Claviateur said:

These videos show how the simulator look and feel and behave with its maximum graphic capacity on the optimum peace of hardware.

By the way, what are the specs of hardware Asobo used to produce their videos?  32GB, 2080TI, CPU??

• Like 2

Matthew S

I also find the pictures boring and repetitive, and because they we're taken using a Monster PC at 4K, It doesn't seduce me as as i know before hand inwont get that polished looks so the chinese leaker or who ever Is posting leaks at the chinese versione of  YouTube, It Is a good showing of the game, looks good to me but I dont think It Will be ready this year.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, MatthewS said:

By the way, what are the specs of hardware Asobo used to produce their videos?  32GB, 2080TI, CPU??

I can't remember, but I think Somewhere out there the specifications of the test machines they prepared for the influencers when they originally introduced the SIM were listed.

Edited by HiFlyer

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

The avarice of MsAsobo releasing video regarding gameplay while at the same time we can see at the chinese YouTube that the game Is looking good, well, It makes me think that the shortage in releasing invites  plus sharing video game play, points to the fact that there Is still a lot of obstacles to go through, and looking good does not mean doing good in time so There could be a considerable delay for release.

Edited by mp15

10 minutes ago, mp15 said:

I also find the pictures boring and repetitive, and because they we're taken using a Monster PC at 4K, It doesn't seduce me as as i know before hand inwont get that polished looks so the chinese leaker or who ever Is posting leaks at the chinese versione of  YouTube, It Is a good showing of the game, looks good to me but I dont think It Will be ready this year.

I think it will be released this year, maybe in December.

I'd happily pay full price for it right now as "Early Access", if nothing else, it looks to be an outstanding sim for VFR.

• Like 1

Matthew S

24 minutes ago, MatthewS said:

I do not know and I do not worry either. They are the ideal specs maybe? Those who can afford them will get the all dressed version of MSFS. 

Maybe I will not be able to afford a PC that gives me this ultra details 4K software but it's fine, I know the capability of the engine behind it.

4 minutes ago, HiFlyer said:

I can't remember, but I think Somewhere out there the specifications of the test machines they prepared for the influencers when they originally introduced the SIM were listed.

Core i7-8700K, 64GB RAM, GeForce RTX 2080 Ti. 4K resolution at 30-40 FPS according to estimates. It was said that the GPU was being stressed the most and produced lots of heat.

• Upvote 1

@Matthew  Since you like undulated runways, are you willing to pay for access already? You dont have evidence that undulations on runways are effettive already and when i Say effective i mean to bend concrete based on data and that the wheels of the plane and that the forces Will respect what is up Hill or Down hill.

Edited by mp15
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, MatthewS said:

I'd happily pay full price for it right now as "Early Access", if nothing else, it looks to be an outstanding sim for VFR.

It is not Early Access although it seems like it.. But I understand the frustration...

Edited by Claviateur

11 minutes ago, MatthewS said:

I think it will be released this year, maybe in December.

Early access would only hurt future sales with bad reviews of an unfinished product. It's a lose lose situation since Microsoft doesn't need money from early access to help with development or anything else. So there really is no point to early access. Just wait

• Upvote 1

ASUS Prime Z490-A / i7-10700K / RTX 4080 / G.SKILL Ripjaws 32GB / Lian-Li PC-O11 Dynamic case 

16 minutes ago, mp15 said:

You dont have evidence that undulations on runways are effettive already and when i Say effective i mean to bend concrete based on data and that the wheels of the plane and that the forces Will respect what is up Hill or Down hill

True, we've seen pictures from Asobo recently, but no videos showing how the tyres/suspension interact with the undulations... A little bit of tyre deformation too? Probably not, but then it's not a racing sim.

• Like 2

Matthew S

1 hour ago, MatthewS said:

The shiny, highly polished, curated Asobo videos are mostly marketing fluff... There's a limit to how many times a person can watch the same thing.

I dont like to judge but I like to comment, their marketing strategy Is horrible Indeed, in one hand you have nice repetitive 4K stills and in the other hand you get a long list of bugs to be fixed, and equation reduced to "we are doing something very nice, but It takes time, we Will show It gradually" and that becomes counter productive if its Linear as It Is today, the game Will do good if its good and it will do bad if its bad, marketing should be releasing game play video already if they know what they are doing.

• Like 1