Sign in to follow this  
meiztom

Anyone catch the leak posted on Reddit earlier?

8 hours ago, mp15 said:

I dont like to judge but I like to comment, their marketing strategy Is horrible Indeed

Yeah. They should have hired you. You could make some planes for them at the same time! 😁😉

• Like 2

Cheers, Bert

AMD Ryzen 5900X, 32 GB RAM, RTX 3080 Ti, Windows 11 Home 64 bit, MSFS

Would I be right in thinking that in the Sedona video that the pilot is possibly over controlling and making quite a lot of heavy inputs into the rudder?

I've seen some of the discussion about the flight dynamics represented in the video but I think that either the pilots peripherals/control setup or skills help much.

Please do inform me if this assumption is way off the mark.

• Like 1

Currently circumnavigating the world in a mix of Cessna and Piper aircraft. 

My Default Setup; MSFS, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster Hotas X, TrackIR, Samsung Galaxy Tab, JustFlight Piper Arrow. Simworks Quest Kodiak 100. 

Wishlist; Honeycomb Bravo, Honeycomb Charlie.

1:400 Airline Model Collector.

46 minutes ago, wainwj said:

Would I be right in thinking that in the Sedona video that the pilot is possibly over controlling and making quite a lot of heavy inputs into the rudder?

Yeah, it seemed odd to me as well. This is exactly what it looks like IRL when applying full rudder left / right.

There could be a few reasons.

• overexaggerated flight dynamics
  • the guy is flying in wind conditions (heavy gusts) no sane human being would fly a C152 IRL
  • he is overcompensating with applying full rudder (a bit strange tho)

I'd personally go with the second option.

Edited by tweekz

Happy with MSFS 🙂
home simming evolved

20 minutes ago, tweekz said:

Yeah, it seemed odd to me as well. This is exactly what it looks like IRL when applying full rudder left / right.

• the guy is flying in wind conditions (heavy gusts) no sane human being would fly a C152 IRL

Thanks for your input.

I did think it looked slightly odd the first time I watched it but once I considered how imperfect the PC, setup and user could be compared to official videos.

It makes me pretty confident they really have managed to do away with the on rails simulation and simulate the air and the aircraft way more accurately than in the past. 

My Default Setup; MSFS, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster Hotas X, TrackIR, Samsung Galaxy Tab, JustFlight Piper Arrow. Simworks Quest Kodiak 100. 

What I found strange in the Sedona clip is the forward/backward moves akin to accelerations/decelerations.

It seems that we see a blend of two kinds of moves : the aircraft bobbing in the air and the simulation of the pilot head in the cockpit. The first one is very good compared to what we see in real life flight clips, the second one might be a tad exaggerated.

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

6 minutes ago, Dominique_K said:

What I found strange in the Sedona clip is the forward/backward moves akin to accelerations/decelerations.

It seems that we see a blend of two kinds of moves : the aircraft bobbing in the air and the simulation of the pilot head in the cockpit. The first one is very good compared to what we see in real life flight clips, the second one might be a tad exaggerated.

Yeah I can see it.

Sounds like something that would have a toggle/slider in the options though with any luck.

2 hours ago, tweekz said:

the guy is flying in wind conditions (heavy gusts) no sane human being would fly a C152 IRL

I think this guy has settings for extreme wind and turbulence set.  This is just an example how to test the alpha, I would be doing the same.  We have seen what it looks like with normal, calm weather.  I welcome stuff like this, though it would be nice if the creator would indicate weather settings used.

• Like 1

MSFS Alpha tester on W10 Pro x64. Hardware: AMD 5900X 12 core CPU. Cooler Master ML360R AIO, Asus X570-E mobo, Asus Strix 3090 24GB gfx card, G.Skill TridentZ 64GB (4x16) DDR4-3600 RAM, Samsung 970 250GB SSD (OS), Samsung 980 Pro 1TB M.2 pcie-4 NVMe SSD (MSFS install). EVGA 850w Gold cert PSU, CUK Continuum full ATX tower.  43" Sceptre 4K display. VR: HP Reverb G2.

7 hours ago, badderjet said:

Since it was so relatively „easy“ to get into the Alpha (although not everyone did actually get in yet) by just signing up  on a website and doing nothing else, do you think those people will get the RC for free as it was the case with earlier versions? I can’t really imagine but I was wondering.

As testers for the last FS versions back then we surely got the Golden Master for free, but then again the tester selection process was completely different, as you couldn’t just „sign up“. Although I still don’t really know how that went behind the scenes.

Yes I think the way it was done, it was straight forward and seemed as if it was an Early Access. And yes, absolutely, the old ways of recruiting testers was different. More traditional...

With social media today, the indie game studios (startups) and the  trends of video games with Early Accesses, incremental software development and all this trend in the dev processes involving the fans, was not there when the previous FS versions were developed and tested...

I suppose the whole scene changed radically from the days when FSX was developed and tested. When was that by the way, 2005/2006? It's a very long time ago, tech wise. Again, not only the trends I mentioned but social media back then were in their early days and were nothing of what they are now when it comes to how corporate and companies leverage their use... It was a brilliant new, interactive and live way to advertise your product and companies. 

The presence of these companies on the social media, the fresh and continuous updates about an upcoming product and the contact with customers, users, fans etc... That was not there during the birth FSX...  

If we put advertisement and Marketing factors on the side for a moment, I think the Open Alpha of MSFS was a clever idea. Asobo will hopefully get valuable (early) data and info about performance and issues to avoid a big traffic jam in R1/RC. 

I am not part of the Alpha and I don't believe I will. Maybe not even the Beta who knows... My actual setup, although strong enough for all the simulators in town, seems logically not part of the hardware pool of what MSFS requires... 

Yet we tend to forget and I think it's part of the illusion, that over the shoulders of Asobo there is a company called Microsoft. And it's a big corporate with all the traditional methods we know about corporates. So no matter how the trends drive companies to change their methods of dealing with dev processes and users interaction, we must expect Microsoft to remain in its traditional zone of comfort when it comes to decisions... Hence it's not Asobo's final word, this brilliant small indie game dev group, but rather Microsoft...  

But then again, maybe the mix between Asobo's indie spirit and Microsoft traditional approach to dev processes, made the whole recruiting process seemed a bit confusing... Yet, in its deep reality, the process was in my opinion meant to be controlled based on hardware etc. And maybe, (and I say maybe), MS and Asobo felt the wave of disappointment lately and tried to compensate for this confusion when they opened again the Alpha to an additional audience...

However, I have no idea if Alpha testers will get free access to the RC copy or any other advantage when MSFS is released.  

Edited by Claviateur

Scenery for Flight Simulators since 1998

Has anyone created an account on that BiliBili site? Just thinking maybe someone reaches out to this guy an get some requests in to him, I would but it sounds like a lot of effort 🙂

• Like 1

3 hours ago, wainwj said:

It makes me pretty confident they really have managed to do away with the on rails simulation and simulate the air and the aircraft way more accurately than in the past. 

To me that seems certain. The rail system is a thing of the past. I wonder why P3D doesn't work on that. For MSFS - it might not be perfect in the beginning, but I am confident they will reach a decent level in the not so far future. Addon devs will also play a big role in that equation.

All in all, I am confident it will at least reach X-Plane quality. With both having their strengths and weaknesses.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Happy with MSFS 🙂
home simming evolved

On 5/23/2020 at 3:44 PM, Claviateur said:

For one moment I thought it was the other simulator with some mods and addons if it wasn't for the gauges in external view.

This illusion was reinforced by the limited drawing distance and the "autogen" that appeared gradually. Most probably this is from the user graphic settings.  

Plus it looks like there are illuminated ground textures, same as we had in preview MSFS versions. My guess is that it has to do with settings. In the leaked night screenshots (also of Shanghai) there's no sign of such textures and the scenery looks much better.

i9-11900K, RTX 4090, 32 GB ram, Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo, TCA Airbus sidestick and quadrant, Reverb G2

3 hours ago, Shack95 said:

Plus it looks like there are illuminated ground textures, same as we had in preview MSFS versions. My guess is that it has to do with settings. In the leaked night screenshots (also of Shanghai) there's no sign of such textures and the scenery looks much better.

I am not sure it's an illuminated ground texture, this is the dynamic lighting intensity that probably changed. I suppose this happened after the previous Alpha versions?

I would be very very surprised if MSFS has baked lights in the ground textures. This process is obsolete in the engine feeding the actual sims, let alone an advanced engine like Asobos's. 

When I mentioned the other sim, it was precisely because it has this dynamic street lights producing similar effects. There is a light (text) file people can tweak by adjusting the parameters. We can download so many configs with results radically different in terms of intensity, bloom etc. All this with few tweaks in the config file.

I presume Asobo handle the dynamic lights in a similar way.

Edited by Claviateur
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Scenery for Flight Simulators since 1998

9 hours ago, tweekz said:

Which is why I don't care so much now for these videos as it could be a combination of all three. With still some (or a lot of) feedback being given in a number of areas in the sim. 

Once Alpha is over and it's further refined, sure, video it up. But you need to keep the kiddies (Matthew S etc)happy it seems. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Doug47 said:

Once Alpha is over and it's further refined, sure, video it up. But you need to keep the kiddies (Matthew S etc)happy it seems.

Ho hum.

10 hours ago, wainwj said:

If it he's breaking the NDA and uploading videos he's unlikely to be a serious tester... he's probably even using a XBox controller (or keyboard) and not a yoke, hence over controlling.

Matthew S

12 minutes ago, Doug47 said:

But you need to keep the kiddies (Matthew S etc)happy it seems. 

Seriously just stfu ... i don't share with you some link for comments like that ...

• Like 1

My best content 👇                

spacer.png                              

R7-3800XT // 32Gb@3200 // B550 TUF// NVIDIA 3090 FE // 1TB 980Pro M.2 // Seasonic GOLD GX-850W // Philips OLED 804 // YOKE Honeycombe + Throttle X52 Pro // Windows 10