Sign in to follow this  
meiztom

Anyone catch the leak posted on Reddit earlier?

57 minutes ago, WestAir said:

Todays leaked confirmed 2 things:

1.) As of now, there are no crash physics. In fact, it just fades to black and says "You crashed".

I'm going to be honest, I would rather not have crash physics than crappy ones like X-plane has. At least the engine won't fly off and act like a bouncy ball.

Edited by AflyingDoge
  • Like 3

12 minutes ago, AflyingDoge said:

I'm going to be honest, I would rather not have crash physics than crappy ones like X-plane has. At least the engine won't fly off and act like a bouncy ball.

Crashing like totally crashing no, I am not sure one needs this... But gear collapse or similar issues are interesting...

In DCS after being shot at, I landed once with my front gear tires missing so I was scratching the runway like a chalkboard..

DFF6xxT.jpg

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

Scenery for Flight Simulators since 1998

To be fair, not a lot would have been left after that crash. Getting a black screen after that seems pretty realistic to me.

Also, I see a new alpha slot becoming available soon, as his id is visible at one point.

Edited by Darcanlos

I like the night time video into Renton very much... The flashing beacons far off into the distance look great and it adds to the emersion for sure and the reflection of the night lighting into the sky. It all looks a million miles away form P3D so much better. 

I would love to see Asobo do a full flight and after the undulating runways all I am after now is a 😃 Waterfall.....

Hamish

“地球OL”在GTX770都能带的起的最低画质下能否碾压其它同类游戏?

Gtx 770 lowest settings and very nice skill 

• Like 2

My best content 👇                

spacer.png                              

R7-3800XT // 32Gb@3200 // B550 TUF// NVIDIA 3090 FE // 1TB 980Pro M.2 // Seasonic GOLD GX-850W // Philips OLED 804 // YOKE Honeycombe + Throttle X52 Pro // Windows 10

Merci l'ami!

MSFS. Hardware: AMD 5600X @4.0Ghz, Corsair H100i RGB Pro XT AIO, MSI MPG B550i Gaming Edge WiFi mobo, RTX 3080ti 12GB FE GPU , G.Skill TridentZ Royal 32GB (2x16) DDR4-3600 RAM CL16, PNY XLR8 3030 1 TB SSD (OS + SIM), Crucial P5 1TB M.2 pcie-3 NVMe SSD (data) . Corsair SF750 80+ Platinum PSU, NZXT H200i Mini ITX Tower.  38" LG UltraGear  38GN950-B display. 4x QL120 fans

Here's a youtube video of a night approach into Renton in a C172. Looks not that far off from the bilibili-video!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

A crash like in that video should end exactly like that: with a dry statement. In fact, for added realism the sim should be uninstalled automatically since in real life that pilot would never fly again too.

As for damage physics, I am all for it. Teaches one to follow procedure and deal with the unexpected, as long as it doesn't end in a crash.

Flightsim rig:
PC: AMD 5900x with Dark Rock Pro 4 cooler | MSI X570 MEG Unify | 32GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo | Gigabyte Aorus Master RTX 3090 | Corsair RM850x | Fractal Define 7 XL
AV: Acer Predator x34 3440x1440 monitor | Logitech Z906 speakers
Controllers: Fulcrum One Yoke | MFG Crosswind v2 pedals | Honeycomb Bravo TQ | Stream Deck XL | TrackIR 5

27 minutes ago, orchestra_nl said:

A crash like in that video should end exactly like that: with a dry statement. In fact, for added realism the sim should be uninstalled automatically since in real life that pilot would never fly again too.

😂 I just pictured this happening and windows saying (deactivating permanently MSFS license and uninstalling it from drive...)

27 minutes ago, orchestra_nl said:

As for damage physics, I am all for it. Teaches one to follow procedure and deal with the unexpected, as long as it doesn't end in a crash.

Yes since one of the things that we never pay attention to in the world of PC simulators is the heaviness of our landings and its impact on the undercarriage and structure in general... 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Such a shame we dont have a decent pilot flying with most of these leaked videos... Makes me feel the Alpha was wasted on certain individuals. I hope Asobo will release a full flight soon its time...

But to me its looking very good all in all. As a Default Sim its personally what I always dreamed of.

Will be fascinating when all the 3rd Parties get involved...

With all 2020 has brought this year for me the release of MFS2020 will be a highlight and I am glad a European Company got to take the lead.. When they see how successful this will be I reckon Microsoft will open the purse strings and we could have a great decade ahead of us...

H. :)

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Hamish100 said:

Such a shame we dont have a decent pilot flying with most of these leaked videos... Makes me feel the Alpha was wasted on certain individuals. I hope Asobo will release a full flight soon its time...

But to me its looking very good all in all. As a Default Sim its personally what I always dreamed of.

With all 2020 has brought this year for me the release of MFS2020 will be a highlight and I am glad a European Company got to take the lead.. When they see how successful this will be I reckon Microsoft will open the purse strings and we could have a great decade ahead of us...

H. 🙂

Isn't that a presumptuous assumption ? Are you saying that some that everyone needs to be a professional simmers to be eligible to alpha ?  I am sorry but FS2020 success also depends on the casual as much as the hardcore community to be a success. Everyone should be welcome instead of "wasted on certain individuals".

Edited by fogboundturtle
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 2

https://fsprocedures.com Your home for all flight simulator related checklist.

41 minutes ago, Hamish100 said:

Believe it or not the Alpha purpose is precisely what these videos show... Any dev team want the users to go wild with the software hoping to detect and catch deeply hidden bugs... Bugs only possible with wild and unintentional actions in a software...  It's bug hunt season...

• Upvote 4

2 hours ago, Hamish100 said:

H. 🙂

Probably because the individuals that care about systems in the alpha don't go wasting their time leaking stuff and are actually testing things extremely in depth.

1 hour ago, Claviateur said:

Believe it or not the Alpha purpose is precisely what these videos show... Any dev team want the users to go wild with the software hoping to detect and catch deeply hidden bugs... Bugs only possible with wild and unintentional actions in a software...  It's bug hunt season...

This too. Test things how they should be and then test them in unusual situations.

15 hours ago, TomPi said:

Here's a youtube video of a night approach into Renton in a C172. Looks not that far off from the bilibili-video!

Thanks for posting. This is what I expect to see in the new flightsim, although have not seen yet in any of the posted videos: bright, defined, varied and dynamic lighting with clear reflections in water. What has always lacked in any flightsims is proper brightness of nightlighting. The latest MSFS2020 night videos (Hong Kong, Renton) look very promising indeed and way ahead of anything else, but still find it too dim. Screenshots look very nice and bright but they could have been post processed.

17 hours ago, TomPi said:

A-ma-zing find, thanks for posting. They also got the REILs right, haha (or RTILs, if you wish). 😅 Asobo, read this. Watch this. I understand this is a video, but the flashes are one frame in duration which gives a realistic feel of how they flash irl unlike what we've seen in the sim so far, plus I like how they visually get "bigger" when you approach the runway. This is just a visual effect, but it would imitate the fact they get more intense on the eyes the closer you get to them. I can't express how much I'd appreciate this behavior in the sim.

• Like 1