Sign in to follow this  
meiztom

Anyone catch the leak posted on Reddit earlier?

5 hours ago, adino said:

Ok lets get back on topic guys...we can call this new one a "tease" leak?

这还没起飞就悲剧了 (゚Д゚*)ノ

Tell you what’s annoying, relying on these guys to leak actual have decent footage, what’s the point in that video might aswel not bother. Also do these leakers know there is other places in the world than Courchevel that’s like the 4th one now and they’ve all been terrible. 

Just a thought. These clueless alpha-testers fly in absurd ways which may be seen as gut-wrenching to serious simmers, who expressed their dissatisfaction of not being chosen in the alpha because they're 'hardcore simmers'. But honestly these absurd ways of flying are the perfect ways to break the sim and find and report bugs, because the team at Asobo already do the regular flying and have ironed out the resulting bugs.

Twisting and breaking the sim with unusual flying by clueless beginners, who could be a large portion of the sim's intended audience, is exactly what's needed to find and report bugs.

Edited by FAZZ3
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 6

10 minutes ago, FAZZ3 said:

Just a thought. These clueless alpha-testers fly in absurd ways which may be seen as gut-wrenching to serious simmers, who expressed their dissatisfaction of not being chosen in the alpha because they're 'hardcore simmers'. But honestly these absurd ways of flying are the perfect ways to break the sim and find and report bugs, because the team at Asobo already do the regular flying and have ironed out the resulting bugs.

Twisting and breaking the sim with unusual flying by clueless beginners, who could be a large portion of the sim's intended audience, is exactly what's needed to find and report bugs.

This is how I see it too. Alpha testers are there to use the sim just like they would if they had purchased the product.

If they need feedback on something like the flight model or systems they should hire professionals.

1 hour ago, FAZZ3 said:

Or me, that tries to forward slip a plane and being disappointed almost every time in any sim (didn't play P3D). 😄

I wonder if MSFS gets this basic GA procedure modeled correctly. My expectations are low though. 😉 Ideally I'd expect a significant drop in VS, with the icing on the cake being a change in IAS as well.

• Upvote 1

Happy with MSFS 🙂
home simming evolved

2 hours ago, FAZZ3 said:

I’m not a “hardcore simmer” but is it too much to ask for these guys to upload something remotely interesting that represents some sort of a half decent flight... What’s the purpose of them uploading these videos which is breaking the NDA of course, I highly doubt It is to show what a great job there doing at crash testing the sim for us all. If there going to show off that there in alpha do it properly I want to be made extremely jealous!

5 hours ago, Carts85 said:

If there going to show off that there in alpha do it properly I want to be made extremely jealous!

This has probably been asked but why would you want to ?

There's nothing you can do about it, ok I saw the official videos which gives me an understanding of what's to come, but I would rather be amazed on opening day than to watch any half baked leaks. Imagine getting a AAA game but you've already watched the entire pre-release walkthrough.

Ryzen 5 5600X - Noctua U12A, 32Gb Vengence, Sapphire Pulse 5700xt, WD Black SN750 NVMe SSD

the assumption that every alpha tester are useless beginners is absurd. 

• Upvote 3

https://fsprocedures.com Your home for all flight simulator related checklist.

Just now, fogboundturtle said:

Absurd, but typical.

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

because you didn't get in everyone else suck ? maybe this not what you mean but this is how it's being perceived.  

• Like 2

https://fsprocedures.com Your home for all flight simulator related checklist.

31 minutes ago, fogboundturtle said:

If you were referring to my comment above, that isn’t what I meant. What I’m trying to say is that Asobo made the right call by not restricting the Alpha invites to serious and veteran simmers only based on their qualification or hours on sims. 

They need the beginners and the ones who applied ‘just for fun’, because they don’t fly the same way an experienced pilot or simmer would, so they can catch the unconventional and otherwise harder-to-identify bugs. 

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, FPStewy said:

This has probably been asked but why would you want to ?

There's nothing you can do about it, ok I saw the official videos which gives me an understanding of what's to come, but I would rather be amazed on opening day than to watch any half baked leaks. Imagine getting a AAA game but you've already watched the entire pre-release walkthrough.

Watching and playing are always going to be two very different things. You’ve watched the official videos, am sure you’ve probably followed the weekly updates for a year now like everyone here, where do you draw the line? Btw some of the leak footage has been top quality tbh and naturally we want more. My only request is if your going to leak footage then atleast make it half decent that last one was a waste of time. 

I agree with Carts85

Just give me one good simple VFR flight from lets say Darrington to Concrete in the Robin and I will be happy. I dont want to see too much as that takes away the surprise. But bored of the half baked leaks.

H.

• Like 1

On 6/10/2020 at 8:22 AM, FAZZ3 said:

Agreed, which is why I mentioned that it's a means to ongoing revenue for the sim.

Oh and mark my words. There will be cosmetic items to buy. Like liveries, cockpit and airframe customizations and so on... this is a cashcow in other games. 😄

Happy with MSFS 🙂
home simming evolved

Thanks 👍

My best content 👇                

spacer.png                              

R7-3800XT // 32Gb@3200 // B550 TUF// NVIDIA 3090 FE // 1TB 980Pro M.2 // Seasonic GOLD GX-850W // Philips OLED 804 // YOKE Honeycombe + Throttle X52 Pro // Windows 10