Sign in to follow this  
meiztom

Anyone catch the leak posted on Reddit earlier?

390-F21-A2-5-F8-D-424-A-9-A80-101-CE9-EEFrom said movie 

Edited by Ianrivaldosmith
Comments
  • Upvote 1

for comparison: 

Can someone fly the same video with xplane Standard 737? Post the video here? 

2 minutes ago, Deleted said:

for comparison: 

The plane simply wouldn’t behave in the same way, even if you forced and tried your very best 

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Ianrivaldosmith said:

He’s hardly making a transformers movie though is he? Rubbish analogy. 

Not really, for a kick off, he is making video which breaks an NDA, so we already know he is not the most honest person on the planet right there, nor do we know the person's motivations for making the video. For all we know he could be from a rival sim developer trying to discredit the product. There is no way to tell. You don't honestly believe that all the reviews for things out there are never for any nefarious purposes do you?

You would be surprised how many people do stuff like that on flight sim videos, for example, lots of flight sim videos are shot with the sim running at half speed with the graphics turned up, then the replay is speeded up to 200 percent playback to appear to be running at normal speed. Loads of promotional product videos are done that way to show off graphics which are not genuinely achievable at the FPS which appears to have been managed.

The point is that unless you absolutely see the raw footage and know for sure what the settings were, then you can take everything with a pinch of salt, and especially from someone who is breaking an NDA, which is the one thing we do know for certain about the video.

Record video start showing high settings, pause game, change settings to less realistic, unpause game, carry on, take video footage into NLE, cut out the footage of the settings change, Bob's yer uncle. Takes about ten seconds to do.

Edited by Chock
  • Like 1

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

3 hours ago, Chock said:

Not really, for a kick off, he is making video which breaks an NDA, so we already know he is not the most honest person on the planet right there, nor do we know the person's motivations for making the video.

You’re looking waaaaaaaaaay to much in to this. 

Edited by n4gix
Removed unnecessary long quote!
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Despite the leak of this disastrous video, there is a huge amount of negative commentary from different forums about the catastrophic flight behavior of planes as well as information / instrument / weather / coming from beta testers who can't keep their tongues in their pockets, rightly or wrongly.In any case a lot of mockery on this subject.For them the MSFS 2020 is completely arcade and far from a realistic simulator apart from the visual part...

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

CORSAIR 4000 AIRFLOW (WHITE) / RYZEN 5800X3D / ASUS TUF GAMING B550-PLUS / ARTIC LIQUID FREEZERII 240 / 32 GO DDR4 3200 KINGSTON FURY / MSI RTX4090 VENTUS 3X 24G OC / KINGSTON NV1 NVME 2 TO / BE QUIET PURE POWER 11FM  1000W 80PLUS GOLD / SAMSUNG NEO QLED 43" 4K.

Then we just have to wait for vatsim and pmdg and co.

In a year that may look good.

I hope that putting the setting on easy makes flying the plane more easy, like introducing autorudder and what have you. Not that it starts to behave like an arcade sim, or RC sim.

Always have fun --0-- Flight Sim Navigation

4 minutes ago, Chock said:

. For all we know he could be from a rival sim developer trying to discredit the product.

This video is so crappy that it looks like indeed having been done on purpose 🤣. But our friend Occam would say that there is a simpler explanation, we see an example of the new generation of simmers that so many aspire to see coming to the hobby. He had not yet found his house to crash into it.

Now, if MS had released a couple of videos made with actual pilots, and they have many in the alpha, including Airbus pilots, this abomination would be irrelevant. They didn’t.

4 minutes ago, filou said:

Despite the leak of this disastrous video, there is a huge amount of negative commentary from different forums about the catastrophic flight behavior of planes as well as information / instrument / weather / coming from beta testers who can't keep their tongues in their pockets, rightly or wrongly.In any case a lot of mockery on this subject.For them the MSFS 2020 is completely arcade and far from a realistic simulator apart from the visual part...

I agree with you Filou. There are a lot of worrying informations, and not all coming from haters and trolls. 

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

27 minutes ago, Ianrivaldosmith said:

The plane simply wouldn’t behave in the same way, even if you forced and tried your very best 

I'll do and post it later.

• Like 3

Happy with MSFS 🙂
home simming evolved

21 minutes ago, Ianrivaldosmith said:

You’re looking waaaaaaaaaay to much in to this. 

Nah, I'm merely pointing out a possibility. Could be wrong, might not be, who can say?

Regardless of whether the sim is good or bad, we will know for sure in about three weeks, but in the interim, a good or bad video can impact on pre-order sales of the product, so there is more than enough motivation right there for someone who wished to do MS or Asobo harm to create, or even re-post (as at least three people have on YT currently) such a video. So even with a video which is of questionable provenance to say the least, we are talking about the potential to impact a multi-billion Dollar business. If anyone imagines that this is not sufficient motivation for people to indulge in some dodgy practices, then I've got a bridge in London they can buy off me.

Even if we are merely talking about an individual rather than anything more suspicious than this, Microsoft is a company which attracts a lot of attention, not all of it welcome. Like all big businesses, they get disgruntled employees, or people who take it upon themselves to dislike them etc, so there is more than enough motivation there for someone to attempt to discredit them with a youtube video. As noted, I'm not saying this is definitely the case, but you only have to look at youtube at large to know that not everything on there is either factual or well-intentioned and frequently there is malicious stuff on there.

So all I am pointing out here is that since we simply do not know enough about the provenance of the video or its maker to take it at face value, we can speculate, but that is all it can be. Nevertheless, to ignore the notion that people can potentially have nefarious reasons for making life hard for others when it comes to big business, is naive.

Chances are the video simply is what it is, but it might not be, like I say, me and anyone else who has bought it will know for sure in about three weeks.

Edited by Chock
  • Upvote 1

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

50 minutes ago, Deleted said:

for comparison: 

I'm over here trying to replicate a 200kts -1700fpm spoilers out one tire landing right now. I had to turn the damage off since X-Plane thinks the plane can't take those turns at 300 kts 😛

Edited by Kopteeni
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Deleted said:

for comparison: 

1 hour ago, Ianrivaldosmith said:

Here you go.

There's a realistic weather change as well on top. 😄

Speed was ~330kts

Edited by tweekz
  • Like 1

Happy with MSFS 🙂
home simming evolved

Edit: Thanks for the videos. Did you see the nice flex of the wings in X-Plane. X-Plane is such a lovely sim. The landing was also looking incredible, very nice forces and deformations. Ok, in the second video, the wings could reverbarate much more, but that doesn`t change the simulation capabilities of X-Plane.

You just can `t steer a plane viewed from outside. 80% when I am flying I am just watching the instruments to correct the plane. Ok, in Flight Simulator X it was the same feeling, but X-Plane has with no doubt a much better simulation experience.

This video looked a lot arcadish, but it was to expect there would be an Arcade mode for FS2020.

Let`s see how the physics will really be, excited to see the videos to come (I`m no day one user, because right now I don `t want to install Win 10), also I `m not that much optimistic concerning the physics, but hey, if they aren`t good, I look forward to PMDG and others add-ons. The graphics are looking very good in the video.

But again, X-Plane has impressive physics and the graphics are good, luckely I don`t have nothing to loose.

Edited by BigDee
Comments about added X-Plane videos