c9388Pa.png

What you need to do:

Step 1:

a) Open "FSEarthTiles.ini"

b) Copy and paste that under your sources

[Service5]
ServiceName = Sentinel 2 Cloudless map
ServiceCodeing   = zyx
ServiceUrl = https://a.tiles.maps.eox.at/wmts/1.0.0/s2cloudless-2019_3857/default/GoogleMapsCompatible/%s.jpg
Referer = https://a.tiles.maps.eox.at
UserAgent       = Mozilla/4.0                                                   
ServerVariations = a,b,c,d

c) Rename your Service Number according to your file

For me it's Service5 but for you it may be different so rename it so that it follows your current sources

Referer and UserAgent are optional, you can disable them by commenting them using "#". I have noted no difference with or without these lines

Step 2: IF YOU DON'T FOLLOW IT IT WON'T WORK

a) Open "TileCodeingScript.cs" (in the FSEarthTiles folder) with notepad

b) Locate the lines:

else if (EarthCommon.StringCompare(iUseCode, "zxy"))
            {
                Int64 vServiceZ = EarthMath.cLevel0CodeDeep - iAreaCodeLevel;
                Int64 vServiceX = iAreaCodeX;
                Int64 vServiceY = iAreaCodeY;
                //vResultCode = "&x=" + vServiceX.ToString() + "&y=" + vServiceY.ToString() + "&z=" + vServiceZ.ToString();
                vResultCode=vServiceZ.ToString() + "//" + vServiceX.ToString() + "//" + vServiceY.ToString();
            }

c) Now after these lines copy and paste the following lines :

else if (EarthCommon.StringCompare(iUseCode, "zyx"))
            {
                Int64 vServiceZ = EarthMath.cLevel0CodeDeep - iAreaCodeLevel;
                Int64 vServiceX = iAreaCodeY;
                Int64 vServiceY = iAreaCodeX;
                //vResultCode = "&x=" + vServiceX.ToString() + "&y=" + vServiceY.ToString() + "&z=" + vServiceZ.ToString();
        vResultCode=vServiceZ.ToString() + "//" + vServiceX.ToString() + "//" + vServiceY.ToString();
            }

Like so :

dQxeoRv.png

For People who want to know why the second step:

-Why do we have to do this?

-Because, the source link is like this : https://a.tiles.maps.eox.at/.../ZoomLevel/Latitude/Longitude

If you think of a grid you have X = longitude and Y = latitude

Now FSEarthtiles must read the link and that's what the ServiceCodeing is for:

By putting zxy, FSEarthtiles will read the ZoomLevel, the Longitude and the Latitude in THAT order. You see the problem? FSEarthTiles reads Longitude where the Latitude is in the link so X and Y are inversed.

Because there was no "zyx" read mode I had to implement it myself by just copying the "zxy" elif instruction and just inverse X and Y. Maybe there is a smarter way to do it directly in the FSEarthTiles.ini file but I don't know.

And that's it ! :)

I like the EOX map more than google and bing because even if the max zoom is something like 4m/pixel it gives

-a cloudless map

-more vivid and beautiful colors than Google and Bing in my opinion

• Like 2

Thanks for posting this - I will give it a try.

It always surprises me that more P3D people do not know about and use FSET, as it really is a great tool. In contrast to the x-plane org forums, where there is very robust discussion about how to best use orthoscenery in the sim.

As the world of flight sim is steadily moving more towards orthoscenery rather than landclass ((MSFS, TrueEarth), perhaps it is time for a photoscenery renaissance around here!

I’ve used EOX quite extensively in X-plane for airline flying, will be good to see how it shapes up in P3D. 

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

I'm a long time FSET user and I appreciate the fix for the Sentinel data. The problem is that the resolution isn't anywhere near what I get with either Virtual Earth (formerly Bing) or Google in FSET. Am I missing a setting?

On 5/21/2020 at 2:57 AM, jabloomf1230 said:

I'm a long time FSET user and I appreciate the fix for the Sentinel data. The problem is that the resolution isn't anywhere near what I get with either Virtual Earth (formerly Bing) or Google in FSET. Am I missing a setting?

Yes I think Sentinel has a resolution of 4m/pixel which is a bit low for low VFR flying but rather sufficient for mid/high IFR flying :)

So I would say it's mostly to use for IFR, not VFR :)

• Upvote 1

I use Otho4XP the p3d edition and never looked back when making my photoscenery in P3D or FSX. It even automatically fix all watermasking.   

2 hours ago, mikced76 said:

I use Otho4XP the p3d edition and never looked back when making my photoscenery in P3D or FSX. It even automatically fix all watermasking.   

I hear you but I find FSEarthTiles much faster than Ortho4XP (and simpler) 🙂

Faster I cant say but easier I doubt it. Ortho4xp is nothing more than a few clicks including selecting source and done 🙂