Sign in to follow this  
Theras

Aerosoft A330 for p3d v5 is out

Finally I can get my airbus fix for v5. But hopefully FSLabs follows in the next few days 😄

PC- AMD Ryzen 7800X3D, 64gb 6400mhz RAM, Nvidia RTX4090

1 hour ago, Theras said:

The Aerosoft a330 for P3d v5 is out.

Aerosoft updater  is silent 🤨

EVGA 2080 Ti  FTW3 Hybrid , 8700K, 2Tb 970 EVO Plus, 48 Гб HyperX

MSFS 2020 Tech Alpha Insider

2 minutes ago, BMW969 said:

Aerosoft updater  is silent 🤨

You have to download the installer from your shop account before it appears in the updater! 

What have you guys been doing in the options with the Force ECAM rendering check box?  Check or uncheck. Notice it's on by default.  

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

18 minutes ago, micstatic said:

What have you guys been doing in the options with the Force ECAM rendering check box?  Check or uncheck. Notice it's on by default.  

With a GTX 1080Ti I am leaving it checked. I am running v5 with 4K screen resolution, 2K textures, 2x SSAA. The GPU is tapped almost at 100% so I won't put more load onto it.

Zicheng Cai

thanks.  I am doing all the same things as you list with a 1080ti also

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

One thing I noticed at night anyway is that the landing lights were a pretty big hit on performance.  

Quick flight, and all seems well so far.   Decent performance too, although my 1070 is really getting hammered at 99% and 78c. And thats with conservative settings. 

CYVR LSZH 

http://f9ixu0-2.png

Finally I got back an FMS...

I've been waiting for the release of the Bus day and night and now I have been able to continue an IVAO Tour.

OK, I ran into some trouble, but got it fixed within 1 hour in the Aerosoft forum.

The digits of the Speed/Heading/Altitude... Display have been much too big. We found out, the installer didn't install some Windows Fonts (Aerosoft/Airbus Fonts) on my system. Some others had the same issue. Aerosoft provided the fonts in a separate package in the forum.

Some others had some kind of zoomed-in ND. They had to verify the Prepar3d.cfg (...appdata/roaming...) for COCKPIT_HIGH_LOD=1. They had it set to "0" and that caused the zoom.
Some may remember, A2A also had some issues with the release for P3Dv5 and this setting was required for the A2A Planes as well.

Due to the experience with the P3Dv5 Version of "Lukla" (VNLK) I already had to switch texture from 4096 to 2048. Following the ORBX recommendations in several of their documents, I had the Level of Detail Radius reduced to HIGH, as well as a Mesh Resulution of 5m. Using these settings (and a few disabled shadows) I had a nice flight in the A333 from LPLA to EHGG this morning. Mostly 2.5-3.3GB VRAM in use (out of 6,7GByte available ). Variable Frames between 20 and 50.

Only one time I had an issue over London, when the Bus veered off the RNAV route. That moment 5 of my 8 CPU cores have been at 100% and all 8 Hyperthreading cores as well 100%. Strange... Never seen this before. I had to cancel ASP3D to continue.

Ralf

Screenshot showing the VRAM in use:
2020-5-21_5-55-5-655.jpg

Screenshot showing CPU-Use:

2020-05 LPLA-EHGG.jpg

Edited by skystar
  • Upvote 1

Unfortunately, I am getting more than the usual volume of CTD's in v5 with this aircraft (only 2 out of 6 flights finished successfully), despite quite conservative settings.  I am not sure if it is the ECAM hardware rendering, the beta TrueGlass or something else, since my VRAM numbers never get close to my limit and I have quite conservative settings.  This probably goes back in the hangar until at least the next v5 hotfix or update - I just don't have time to go chasing where the issue might be.  Focusing on my more stable aircraft for now.

Edited by PurdueKev

- Kevin

Windows 10 / i9-10900k / Zotac RTX-3080 Trinity OC (12GB) / MSI MEG Z490 ACE mobo / Corsair H150i RGB PRO XT liquid cooler / 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3333MHz C16 DDR4 RAM / Dell Alienware AW3418DW WQHD 3440x1440 GSync / Samsung 970 EVO Plus M.2 2TB (OS) & 860 EVO 4TB SDD / WD Caviar Black 4TB HDD  / EVGA Supernova 850 G5 PSU / Be Quiet Dark Base Pro 900 rev 2 case / Virpil Warbird base with ThrustMaster Warthog HOTAS grip / MFG Crosswind rudder pedals / Virtual-Fly TQ6+ throttle quadrant / Winwing Orion HOTAS F-18 Throttle / Virpil TCS+ collective base with Hawk-60 grip / Saitek Trim Wheel / Saitek Radio and Switch Panels / Winwing Combat Ready Panel / Tobii 5

Yep, I gave it a try, hoping for a miracle.
I had numerous issues like crazy vertical climb, sudden dives, excessive speed etc... with the 330 using P3D4.5.
But actually I love their VC so much, graphics are so immersive and superb, that I wanted to try it again with the V5 until the FSLabs Buses are updated.

Same thing, same bugs.
+ tons of CTDs.

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

I must say the VC looks amazing, probably the best I've seen, even better than PMDG. One thing that annoys me is the default cameras. There's conflict when using Chaseplane. Even though I have disable the entire default Aerosoft A330 view system, I notice that when doing the built in checklists that whenever it switches to different cam views and then you go to switch back to one of your chaseplane views, it messes up and you have to manually go to the chaseplane view.

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

2 hours ago, captain420 said:

I must say the VC looks amazing, probably the best I've seen, even better than PMDG. One thing that annoys me is the default cameras. There's conflict when using Chaseplane. Even though I have disable the entire default Aerosoft A330 view system, I notice that when doing the built in checklists that whenever it switches to different cam views and then you go to switch back to one of your chaseplane views, it messes up and you have to manually go to the chaseplane view.

You can disable the checklist feature where it changes views for the checklist item, which I don't think works well with CP. I think this can be found under the checklist options in the third MCDU.  I found that then I can follow the checklist process and use your CP views to move around as normal.

• Like 1

5800X3D | Radeon RX 6900XT

43 minutes ago, cwburnett said:

You can disable the checklist feature where it changes views for the checklist item, which I don't think works well with CP. I think this can be found under the checklist options in the third MCDU.  I found that then I can follow the checklist process and use your CP views to move around as normal.

Thanks, I haven't had much time to explore the plane yet.

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU