Sign in to follow this  
pgde

NDA Lifted on I9-10900K

7 hours ago, G-RFRY said:

Der8auer Gamers Nexus and JayTwoCents, 8 PACK cannot run a CPU stable all the time above 5.2, without LN. and even then don't recommend it.

In that case I'll stick with my 8086k overclocked to 5.3ghz 24/7 on air.😁

34 minutes ago, Rob_Ainscough said:

Well there seems to be several contradictions, one says it runs cool at 5.2 all cores, then other says it requires LN2 to get above 5.2? 

Think I'll wait and see, clearly there is mud in the waters and/or BIOS settings not working or not set correctly.

I'll add "hardware" to the bumpy road of 2020 ... hoping the nVidia 3000 series doesn't come out with similar issues ... perhaps proof that working at home isn't as productive as one might except it to be in this industry 😉 

Cheers, Rob.

5.1-5,2ghz on water with chiller 5.3-5,4ghz, LN2 it do 6,9ghz all cores ht on , that with a good chip no golden . ( MoBo ASUS APEX XII )

Edited by westman
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, captain420 said:

Where did you order from?

B&H. I was able to acquire one from another source, so I may be up and running next week.

17 minutes ago, Rob_Ainscough said:

It's time for MB vendors, RAM vendors, M.2 vendors, CPU vendors to come up with designs for plug and play LN2 loops.  MB should be prep'd at factory, PCIe/RAM/M.2 slots should be designed to prevent moisture intrusion.  CPU IHS should be specifically designed for LN2 usage.  And someone needs to come up with a compact and viable LN2 loop (and not those ridiculous sized LN2 loops I've seen) ... it can be done and I'm certain the first viable compact LN2 loop will make them a small fortune.  Clearly Intel and AMD have no where to go other than just adding more cores that doesn't do much for gaming/simming ... time they think outside the box, literally.

Cheers, Rob.

How much demand are there for such design though. With a huge upfront investment doubt any manufacturer would be profitable doing that.

Zicheng Cai

Someone got it to 7.7 ghz 

https://www.tweaktown.com/news/72671/intels-new-core-i9-10900k-already-pushed-to-7-7ghz-across-all-cores/index.html

For the first time in 15 years or more, I am considering AMD Ryzen 3 or maybe even the 4.  Intel  14nm uses more power than AMD 7 nm  We all ought to be a bit more green.  AMD supports faster memory too.

10700k / Gigabyte 3060

2 hours ago, bic said:

Someone got it to 7.7 ghz 

https://www.tweaktown.com/news/72671/intels-new-core-i9-10900k-already-pushed-to-7-7ghz-across-all-cores/index.html

For the first time in 15 years or more, I am considering AMD Ryzen 3 or maybe even the 4.  Intel  14nm uses more power than AMD 7 nm  We all ought to be a bit more green.  AMD supports faster memory too.

To get to 7.7 required liquid helium. Apparently liguid nitrogen was not cold enough.

• Like 1

Gigabyte x670 Aorus Elite AX MB; AMD 7800X3D CPU; Deepcool LT520 AIO Cooler; 64 Gb G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO DDR5 6000; Win11 Pro; P3D V5.4; 1 Samsung 990 2Tb NVMe SSD: 1 Crucial 4Tb MX500 SATA SSD; 1 Samsung 860 1Tb SSD; Gigabyte Aorus Extreme 1080ti 11Gb VRAM; Toshiba 43" LED TV @ 4k; Honeycomb Bravo.

Hopefully it won't be long before Carbon Nanotubes enable transistors to reach 1000GHz (1THz)

• Like 1

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com

1 hour ago, SteveW said:

Hopefully it won't be long before Carbon Nanotubes enable transistors to reach 1000GHz (1THz)

Boy, Steve’s not kidding! Looks like this could ‘soon’ become a reality:

https://www.pcgamesn.com/carbon-nanotube-cpu-reality

Wonder whether I should delay that next hardware upgrade..lol? To be honest, what I have now is (as predicted 4+ years ago) is still satisfying my requirements so, for now, there is no imperative to change anything  😀

Mike

• Like 1

Hmm sounds like I could be heading to my first liquid cooling system.

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

1 hour ago, regis9 said:

Hmm sounds like I could be heading to my first liquid cooling system.

Ditto.  Anyone have recommendations on a "beginner" type AIO (easy to setup) that could tame a 10900K?

Kyle Weber (Private Pilot, ASEL; Flight Test Engineer)
Check out my repaints and downloads, all right here on AVSIM

10 hours ago, CaptKornDog said:

Ditto.  Anyone have recommendations on a "beginner" type AIO (easy to setup) that could tame a 10900K?

I have always used Corsair AIO's. Never had a problem with them and they are easy to install. For the 10900K I will be getting their iCUE H150i RGB PRO XT Which is a 360mm so it's big.

Make sure you get one that fits in your case but if you are buying a 10900K I would be looking at a 280mm or 360mm. If that means you need a new case, consider it.

• Like 1

5800X3D - Strix X570-E - 32GB 3600Mhz DDR4 - ASUS TUF 6900XT- Samsung 980 Pro x2                                                     

Im at 5.2 right now with my 10900k, it runs incredibly hot.  Ive got an evga clc 360 (one of the best aio 360s for temps) with a push pull fan setup, fans running at 100%.  Everything in this build was done to maximize cpu cooling in terms of radiator placement, case selection, etc.  Prime 95 torture test maxes out my temps at 95c no avx.  If I use avx the temps climb above 105 and obviously throttle/crash.  I am running pretty high volts though, 1.42 vcore but I dont think i need it for sure, still playing around with settings.  During the 95c run my mosfet temp hit 100c and the cpu pulled 345 watts.  This is with a good 12 phase vrm aorus ultra for reference, one of the few boards with real heatsinks on the vrm.  So depending on how you look at it the cpu either cools great, or really bad.  Its not bad considering its pulling 345 watts of energy through that die, but still very hard to cool.  These chips would overclock to the moon if you could cool them. It seems like what is happening is the chip is just pulling so much power it cant transfer its heat to the ihs and waterblock fast enough.   This chip would be a good candidate for a delid/direct die solution.  

Lian Li 011 Air Mini | AMD 7950X3D | Asus ROG STRIX B650E-F | Arctic Cooling Liquid Freezer II 280mm RGB | 2x32GB G.Skill DDR5-6000 | ASUS TUF RTX 4090 | Seasonic Prime Platinum 1000W | Varjo Aero

On 5/22/2020 at 5:25 PM, CaptKornDog said:

Either the evga clc 360, or an arctic cooling freezer II, 280 or 360.  I wouldn't get anything else based on the reviews ive spent hours reading through.  The freezer is the best for sure, but hard to get unless you try ebay.  The evga is about as good, but needs the fans on full speed to compare which is very loud.  

Lian Li 011 Air Mini | AMD 7950X3D | Asus ROG STRIX B650E-F | Arctic Cooling Liquid Freezer II 280mm RGB | 2x32GB G.Skill DDR5-6000 | ASUS TUF RTX 4090 | Seasonic Prime Platinum 1000W | Varjo Aero

53 minutes ago, Pilot53 said:

Im at 5.2 right now with my 10900k, it runs incredibly hot.  Ive got an evga clc 360 (one of the best aio 360s for temps) with a push pull fan setup, fans running at 100%.  Everything in this build was done to maximize cpu cooling in terms of radiator placement, case selection, etc.  Prime 95 torture test maxes out my temps at 95c no avx.  If I use avx the temps climb above 105 and obviously throttle/crash.  I am running pretty high volts though, 1.42 vcore but I dont think i need it for sure, still playing around with settings.  During the 95c run my mosfet temp hit 100c and the cpu pulled 345 watts.  This is with a good 12 phase vrm aorus ultra for reference, one of the few boards with real heatsinks on the vrm.  So depending on how you look at it the cpu either cools great, or really bad.  Its not bad considering its pulling 345 watts of energy through that die, but still very hard to cool.  These chips would overclock to the moon if you could cool them. It seems like what is happening is the chip is just pulling so much power it cant transfer its heat to the ihs and waterblock fast enough.   This chip would be a good candidate for a delid/direct die solution.  

Could you please do some benchmarking at STOCK settings for us in the 10900K using flightsim apps like Prepar3d, X-Plane to see what kind of fps you get? I'm extremely curious how P3D v5 runs with all the bells and whistles in 4K with an 10900K.

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

51 minutes ago, captain420 said:

Could you please do some benchmarking at STOCK settings for us in the 10900K using flightsim apps like Prepar3d, X-Plane to see what kind of fps you get? I'm extremely curious how P3D v5 runs with all the bells and whistles in 4K with an 10900K.

Stock is tricky with the 10 series, almost all the motherboards apply their own turbo settings which makes it very difficult to define what stock truly is.  I will post some results in the coming days, but they will most likely be with 5.2ghz all core if it proves to be stable.