Sign in to follow this  
Gaz

PLEASE HELP - unable to use p3d now - security

The problem is that I have a license login for their website.  I use it and it allows me to download the new version of v4.5.
When the .zip is downloaded and installed, I reboot the machine (it says the Install is Complete).  After that it asks for the license login again on the first open of the application.  It's done very quickly! 

https://photos.app.goo.gl/sUndXFS9w1BuLG4U6

This has totally stopped me using P3D, despite me paying them for v4 AND v5 seperately - I've paid for them!

I'm begging for your help because Prepar3d are suggesting they're not looking into it, but I have to use the same license twice, once for download, and then again for install.

How does Moses make his coffee? Hebrews it.  

I took the shell off my racing snail, thinking it would make him run faster. If anything, that made him more sluggish.

Gaz on Facebook

There are different logins for versions 4.5 and 5.0.

Kind regards,
Hans van WIjhe

Acer Predator P03-640 2.10 Ghz Intel 12th Gen Core 17-12700F 64GB memory, 1.02 TB SSD HD, 1.02 TB HD,  NVidia Geforce RTX 3070 16GB Memory, Windows 11 (x64)

1 minute ago, hvw said:

I know, but I am having trouble with the one for 4.5.  I'm not having anythiing to do with v5 until I can find out what the problem.

I took the shell off my racing snail, thinking it would make him run faster. If anything, that made him more sluggish.

Gaz on Facebook

Do you still have the email that confirmed your purchase for 4.5? In there you will find the correct login ID and password. 

Kind regards,
Hans van WIjhe

Acer Predator P03-640 2.10 Ghz Intel 12th Gen Core 17-12700F 64GB memory, 1.02 TB SSD HD, 1.02 TB HD,  NVidia Geforce RTX 3070 16GB Memory, Windows 11 (x64)

7 minutes ago, hvw said:

What do you mean...? I use one log-in for both....for LM download purchase page?

• Like 1

Virtual Air Canada - Alex Luzajic

Yes. I need a different login for 4.5 than the one I use for 5.0. 

Kind regards,
Hans van WIjhe

I'm still using 4.5, not v5 at all.  Both of these are causing problems for me, and therefore I stick to what I have downloaded and I don't get an password problem with it.  

Gaz on Facebook

Not sure...I have only one log-in for both....once there I have option what to download.....v4.5 or v5.....

2 minutes ago, cyyzrwy24 said:

What do you mean...? I use one log-in for both....for LM download purchase page?

that's how i was told it would be.  the things is that they are emailing me, but not talking to me to fix the problem.  their fixes never work.

Gaz on Facebook

But what happens if you try to "forgot your password"...and create new one.....? did you tried that?

yep.  in a way, it is telling me my password is wrong.  if i generally get the password wrong, If you look at the pics I sent, one of them says the password is wrong..  If I use the right password, I get the message that says I have used my license too many times.  So, because I get a different message there, this must be the correct password.  So I have included Prepar3d but they don't sseem to read the emails properly - we've swapped emails  but they don't seem to see how their software would work.

Gaz on Facebook

You get ONE account for login but you get TWO seperate Licences for each P3D Version.

System: i9 9900k@4.9 - 32 GB RAM - Aorus 1080ti --- Sim/Addons: P3D v5 + ProSim737
Signature3.png

4 minutes ago, Gary McCluskey said:

If I use the right password, I get the message that says I have used my license too many times.

Than you have activated this version to often, you have to contact support to get your installation counter resetted.

System: i9 9900k@4.9 - 32 GB RAM - Aorus 1080ti --- Sim/Addons: P3D v5 + ProSim737
Signature3.png

@Gary McCluskey

The activation license and password are different from your login.  Sorry if this isn't what you're asking...

You use your login and password to access the download pages AND the license portal

License Portal: https://secure.prepar3d.com/solo/customers/Default.aspx

From there you get the specific individual activation and password for each version of P3D.

You can see how many activations you have left on the license and activations page as well.

Edited by cwburnett

5800X3D | Radeon RX 6900XT

53 minutes ago, Gary McCluskey said:

After that it asks for the license login again on the first open of the application

No. It is not asking for your login. It is asking for the license information that you received when you bought P3D ("Lockheed Martin... Your Prepar3D.com Web Order"). In that email you will find the license ID and the license password. Those two never change, and they have nothing to do with how you login to the website or your user account.

Best regards

LORBY-SI