Sign in to follow this  
severniae

Flaps 3 & TOGA

Hi All,

I have an issue, I am a native english speaker, with a normal British mild accend (I.e. not from Scotland with a broad accent)

For some reson whenever I say 'TOGA' or command 'Flaps 3' it completely ignores me!

Any chance of some help please?

Thanks

James W

Banner_FS2Crew_Supporter.jpg

Hello James,

Okay, so we can rule out Geordie as the problem.

Is your speech recognizer set to English - UK.

You can have it set to UK now.  That may help.

Did you run the Voice Training?

Say TOGA like "tow-ga".

Do you see the phrase in the Green Bar?

8 hours ago, severniae said:

I have an issue, I am a native english speaker, with a normal British mild accend (I.e. not from Scotland with a broad accent)

Hmm, way to insult an entire nation. Best avoid any jobs where any sort of international diplomacy is required.

Those Scottish pilots, always contacting ATC with unintelligible phraseology courtesy of their terrible cliche Mel Gibson in Braveheart accents: 'Hoots mon, ye wee sasenach, I'll stab ye wi ma dirk, if ye dunne gi mi mah clearance!'

• Like 1

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

1 minute ago, Chock said:

Hmm, way to insult an entire nation. Best avoid any jobs where any sort of international diplomacy is required.

Those Scottish pilots, always contacting ATC with unintelligible phraseology courtesy of their terrible cliche Mel Gibson in Braveheart accents: 'Hoots mon, ye wee sasenach, I'll stab ye wi ma dirk, if ye dunne gi mi mah clearance!'

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Funnily enough, whenever I've spoken to any Logainair pilots, and bear in mind those E-145's they fly have SCOTLAND'S AIRLINE in big letters down the side of them like it should have 'Y'ENGLISH B**ST**DS' written immediately after it, every single one of them has the kind of plummy English accent which would suit them if they were piloting an RAF Spitfire in 1940. 🤣

Edited by Chock
  • Upvote 1

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

6 hours ago, Chock said:

You know I just re read and realised how bad I made it sound - I'm glad you took my terrible writing in good humour - you had me on the floor laughing!

Certainly would bring a little more flavour to the 'broadsword' callsign!

• Like 1

James W

So I've gone and done the voice training and recorded a few words into the dictionary. This has improved things greatly.

However no matter how hard I try I have a problem at a specific point - during a flaps 3 takeoff after gear up no matter how many times I command 'flaps 2' I am completely ignored. 

The weird thing is, during approach, commanding 'flaps 2' works fine..

James W