Sign in to follow this  
JLuis

P3Dv5 (HF2) Next hotfix in the next couple weeks.

For those wondering, zero info was given as to what it will entail fix-wise.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

Eric 

yay....I have been expecting this and 95% of all my addons are installed outside.  It will drag some files here and there; reinstall clean sim and drag addons back.  Viola back in business.  Power of external install.  Yay!!!

• Like 3

Active Pattern: MSFS2020 | In Long term Storage: Prepar3d  

How I Evaluate Third Party Sim Addon Developers

Refined P3Dv5.0 HF2 Settings Part1 (has MaddogX) and older thread Part 2 (has PMDG 747)

Couple more weeks? Those are not the words FSLabs pilots want to hear while waiting for it to be updated for P3Dv5, LOL

Glad I'm still on 4.5HF2 😁

• Upvote 4

Dan

i9-13900K / Asus Maximus Hero Z790 / RTX 4090 FE / G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32 GB DDR5-6400 CL32 / Artic Liquid Freezer II 360 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / EVGA 1000W G3, 80+ Gold / Phanteks Eclipse P600S ATX Mid Tower / Arctic P14 PWM Case Fans / LG C2 42 Inch Class 4K OLED TV/Monitor / Windows 11 Pro

Rob (LM) mentioned:
“Our goal is to put out the second hotfix in the next couple weeks.”

https://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6312&t=138161

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

3 hours ago, Wise87 said:

Couple more weeks? Those are not the words FSLabs pilots want to hear while waiting for it to be updated for P3Dv5, LOL

Glad I'm still on 4.5HF2 😁

Yep, those waiting on the A320 update from FSL that are still using v4.5 are getting hosed if the dev's have now decided to hold the release for v5 HF2. I seriously doubt they will release now if they will have to create all new V5 installers in a few weeks after they see what HF2 is about, build a RC, send to beta team for testing, etc.... Looks like yet another multiple week delay. Meanwhile AS, PMDG and QW are now v5 ready. Good old FSL 🙄

Edited by B777ER
  • Like 1

Eric 

Hopefully the busted nav log will get fixed, although don't hold your breath. 🤣

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

"Second hotfix?"

According to some commenters, we all just need to turn down our settings on our poorly-optimized systems, on which we are apparently barely lucky to run Google Chrome without crashing. 😏

• Like 11

- Kevin

Windows 10 / i9-10900k / Zotac RTX-3080 Trinity OC (12GB) / MSI MEG Z490 ACE mobo / Corsair H150i RGB PRO XT liquid cooler / 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3333MHz C16 DDR4 RAM / Dell Alienware AW3418DW WQHD 3440x1440 GSync / Samsung 970 EVO Plus M.2 2TB (OS) & 860 EVO 4TB SDD / WD Caviar Black 4TB HDD  / EVGA Supernova 850 G5 PSU / Be Quiet Dark Base Pro 900 rev 2 case / Virpil Warbird base with ThrustMaster Warthog HOTAS grip / MFG Crosswind rudder pedals / Virtual-Fly TQ6+ throttle quadrant / Winwing Orion HOTAS F-18 Throttle / Virpil TCS+ collective base with Hawk-60 grip / Saitek Trim Wheel / Saitek Radio and Switch Panels / Winwing Combat Ready Panel / Tobii 5

1 hour ago, PurdueKev said:

"Second hotfix?"

According to some commenters, we all just need to turn down our settings on our poorly-optimized systems, on which we are apparently barely lucky to run Google Chrome without crashing. 😏

So you think every software release is perfect? Look at Nvidia video drivers. They hand out new ones like candy at Halloween.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jabloomf1230 said:

So you think every software release is perfect? Look at Nvidia video drivers. They hand out new ones like candy at Halloween.

Video drivers need to be updated frequently because of new software/hardware and win updates, what excuse does P3D have?  I don't know of one game that needs a hotfix almost every month and still has CTD's and other issues which should have been addressed by beta testers. There's absolutely no excuse to release software that has tons of issues and have paying customers be your beta testers.

Edited by YVRDXBLHR
  • Like 6
  • Upvote 4

3 hours ago, YVRDXBLHR said:

Video drivers need to be updated frequently because of new software/hardware and win updates, what excuse does P3D have?

Erm, that would be because of new software/hardware and major Windows updates, of which, there was one literally days ago.

I don't know of one game that needs a hotfix almost every month

Do you perhaps then know of a game which has well over 500 different third party developers from all around the world making add-ons for it constantly, plus having to make hardware and software they have produced for literally years backwardly compatible with their latest release, all whilst users are demanding progressive features, whilst a similarly large number of hardware manufacturers also make things for the software, then literally every user of that software uses a different permutation and combination of all that available hardware and software?

There's absolutely no excuse to release software that has tons of issues and have paying customers be your beta testers.

Other than to try and meet all these demands.

I'm not saying that the developers should be beyond reproach, or not have their feet held to the fire if they do something especially awful, but with a situation I have just alluded to, potential customers know this is the case. And so they can choose to stay with a developmentally-frozen earlier version, or they can go with the latest one and have a realistic understanding that when they are an early adopter of software which by definition, is built with the intention of constantly being improved and altered by the installation of numerous add-ons, that they cannot be anything other than in a situation where fixes do have to be issued from time to time. 

Nobody at Lockheed Martin comes to your house and demands your credit card number at gunpoint. You choose to be in this game, and unless you have literally never had a flight simulator before, which is pretty unlikely for one which is not marketed outside of the realm of flight sim enthusiast circles, then it is hardly a surprise to discover that when you make the choice to be an early adopter of such things, there will potentially be issues which need to be addressed.

Now I will add that there are some things which have not been addressed which should have been. For example the one I mentioned earlier in this thread - the fact that the built-in flight planner and checklist function is at best problematic, and that threads on the LM forum which comment on this are frequently locked before those threads have come to an acceptable conclusion - but to suggest that there is no reason for hotfixes to be a necessity, is ludicrous, and to compare that to a game which is nowhere near as likely to have so many TPD pieces of software and hardware interacting with it, is comparing apples to oranges. 

Take a look at just the Avsim P3D forum's first page. Every post concerns someone adding something to the software, including one which is about an add-on which stopped being sold literally years ago and was never intended to be compatible with even the preceding version of P3D, let alone this version. I've listed just a few of them here from the first page of the forum:

QW 787 V1.3 is out!!

Anyone have an AMD Radeon GPU working with v5?

Aerosoft A330 for p3d v5 is out.

Heads up on new AI separation utilities for P3D.

Honeycombe yoke.

RealAir Turbine Duke V2 Engine Tweak.

Stuff4Us scenery.

FSEarthTiles.

When users indulge in adding, tweaking and shoehorning all this sort of thing into the software on a daily basis, do you seriously imagine that there will be no need whatsoever for the developers of the base program to tweak it every so often? Frankly, it's a miracle the thing works at all under this kind of constant barrage of additions.

Edited by Chock
  • Like 6
  • Upvote 3

Alan Bradbury

Let me guess : again a complete reinstall ...

😐

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

15 minutes ago, GSalden said:

Let me guess : again a complete reinstall ...

😐

Well, to be fair it is called Prepar3D. They just don't mention what you need to be Prepar3D for, is to have to download and install it numerous times. 🤣

I just wonder if when that Lunar Lander which Lockheed Martin is producing launches, they'll be going, hang on guys, just orbit the planet a few times whilst we upload a hotfix. Might take a while, our servers are being bogged down by everyone downloading a hotfix for the A2A Bonanza's rain effect.

Edited by Chock
  • Like 2

Alan Bradbury