Sign in to follow this  
JLuis

P3Dv5 (HF2) Next hotfix in the next couple weeks.

Why so much negativity because LM is going to push another update? omg.. what would you prefer? live with the problems until the next point version is available?

I am happy to see they are engaged, responding to users, addressing problems and providing a solution to problems and more improvements.

S.

• Like 7
  • Upvote 4

I guess that I am always among the lucky people never having CTD’s and flying with 80+ scenery Addons... And on both pc’s.

That was with V4 and is with V5.

• Like 3

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

2 minutes ago, GSalden said:

I guess that I am always among the lucky people never having CTD’s and flying with 80+ scenery Addons... And on both pc’s.

That was with V4 and is with V5.

Oh that can NOT be true Gerard! We all know that v5 is bug ridden and should never have been released. Everyone is getting CTD's all the time. And of course, LM doesn't care about us poor simmers anyway.  🙂

I too am having no major issues with v5.

I wonder what we're doing wrong?

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

47 minutes ago, vonmar said:

P3Dv5 HF1 recommending a full install this time

Installation of P3Dv5 HF1
Per (LM) Rob:

“We are recommending a full install this time around due to a fix for core AI which resides in the scenery component.”

“If your add-ons are installed using the xml method they will remain untouched during the update process. If you experience any issues from these add-ons after updating I recommend contacting the developer to see if there are any compatibility issues. “

https://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6312&t=137548&p=216028&hilit=recommend#p216028

All that means is that you reinstall scenery and content. Exactly what I said. Thanks. 

20 minutes ago, Chapstick said:

All that means is that you reinstall scenery and content. Exactly what I said. Thanks. 

If you want core AI updated then yes in this case you need the scenery update.

Otherwise you could update e.g., just the modules you want.

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

3 hours ago, Chapstick said:

HF1 was the only hot fix I ever recall where they recommended you reinstall content and scenery, which wasn't even that much of a hassle. 99% of the time you just need to uninstall and reinstall the client component. 

That's all I'm going to do next time.  I have installed too many planes, sceneries, etc. to go through that again.  I did a reinstall on Hotfix1.  I will only do Client, Content, and Scenery this next time.

Stan

1 hour ago, spilok said:

That's all I'm going to do next time.  I have installed too many planes, sceneries, etc. to go through that again.  I did a reinstall on Hotfix1.  I will only do Client, Content, and Scenery this next time.

Stan

Or just Client.. 👍

Bert

To me v5 lays ground on the best sim I ever used. But with a huge catalog of compatible products I’ve purchased already. Only one ctd for me so far. I’m optimistic it’s only going to get better. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

1 hour ago, spilok said:

Stan

I have beat that snake! I have 2 GA planes loaded, the ORBX basics AS and Chaseplane. I like GA just in the Southeast and got off the ORBX Merry-Go-Round years ago. I started out buying everything Orbx released for the US. After it became apparent that they were never going to release anything for my part of the world I was done with it. My computers, my wallet and wife have loved me for it ever since. LOL!!

• Like 1

Sam

Prepar3D V5.3/12700K@5.1/EVGA 3080 TI/1000W PSU/Windows 10/40" 4K Samsung@3840x2160/ASP3D/ASCA/ORBX/
ChasePlane/General Aviation/Honeycomb Alpha+Bravo/MFG Rudder Pedals/

3 minutes ago, micstatic said:

To me v5 lays ground on the best sim I ever used. But with a huge catalog of compatible products I’ve purchased already. Only one ctd for me so far. I’m optimistic it’s only going to get better. 

Yes, it’s a really good sim. Very impressive improvements, and with HF1 I’m happy with the stability.

I am surprised with all the negativity in this thread given the subject matter. We want ongoing improvements, right? A hotfix is an optional update for those who want it. I fail to see how in any way that can be a bad thing. If you don’t like the idea of updating, stick to HF1 until an update you do like comes out.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

If LM could fix the cloud artifacting around simobjects and terrain with true sky enabled, I think we are all set for awhile. 

Intel i7 10700K | Asus Maximus XII Hero | Asus TUF RTX 3090 | 32GB HyperX Fury 3200 DDR4 | 1TB Samsung M.2 (W11) | 2TB Samsung M.2 (MSFS2020) | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280mm AIO | 43" Samsung Q90B | 27" Asus Monitor

9 hours ago, spilok said:

I will only do Client, Content, and Scenery this next time.

I have done that also with HF1, i just deleted also the prepar3d.cfg and Shaders and was done.

And yes, i would also have something like an autoupdater tool for P3D, thats one of the big negative P3D has IMO.

They could roll out small updates with it, even with the option of "experimetal/beta" updates.

Edited by JoeFackel
  • Like 1

System: i9 9900k@4.9 - 32 GB RAM - Aorus 1080ti --- Sim/Addons: P3D v5 + ProSim737
Signature3.png

8 hours ago, JoeFackel said:

I have done that also with HF1, i just deleted also the prepar3d.cfg and Shaders and was done.

And yes, i would also have something like an autoupdater tool for P3D, thats one of the big negative P3D has IMO.

They could roll out small updates with it, even with the option of "experimetal/beta" updates.

Really a good idea.  Autoupdater makes a lot of sense.

Stan

• Like 2

10 hours ago, SolRayz said:

If LM could fix the cloud artifacting around simobjects and terrain with true sky enabled, I think we are all set for awhile. 

Totally agree with you.  Can live with it because I enjoy the sim too much however it will be awesome when they fix this issue.  I too am one of the "lucky ones" that doesn't get a CTD after HF1.

• Like 1

system i9 10850K NVidia RTX3090 24GB Samsung SSD980 m.2 1TB (x2) Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD Seagate 2TB external drive Samsung SSD 840 EVO 250GB SSD Asus B460M-PLUS Mobo 32GB GSkill DDR4 3000mhz Ram using P3D v5.3

Have they said what's being updated in the hotfix? 

14ppkc-6.png