Sign in to follow this  
JLuis

P3Dv5 (HF2) Next hotfix in the next couple weeks.

Great Thanks Bert. 

I will and report back ... I would love to get the Sim working as for me it is a practice tool especially the Rnav Approaches at different Airports and situations. 

Which particular setting in the Nvidia control panel are you refering to Bert? ... just to narrow it down a bit more for me please

All suggestions are welcomed, 🙂

Edited by 320skipper

15 minutes ago, 320skipper said:

thanks all for your comments...

I'm a B787 Skipper now, as a day job in reality.

Bert? I have been busy 🙂 in the meanwhile  , and YES you are right long time member but  i don't really post here very much I  do  however read a lot  of  the posts to keep up to date.

I know from experience and from multi million dollar Sims and IPT's that are nothing than a bunch of PC's running a Sim, that the graphics are very fluid making it a training device. So in the smaller scale of Home pc's I expected that the fluidity would never be an issue.

Gents? I get phenomenal Frame rates , but with the rig I have I thought that the microstutters would not be an issue.

If im practicing IFR i dont care about the visuals but those pesky stutters are annoying. I will however try and figure out the situation. 

Thanks again for the pointers.

Cheers

In regards to your comparison to level d Sims and what not.

Next time you're in recurrent or training or whatever, take a look at the rooms dedicated to running each sim. They have computers that are specific to certain parts of the entire operation. On top of that. The graphics and what not are nothing really compared to what xplane or p3d can push.

I know you know these things from experience, but still we all are asking one processor and gpu to push a ton of stuff. 

FAA: ATP-ME

Matt kubanda

I Understand and respect that , however these systems with the huge computer rooms with airconditioned mainframe looking computers are doing a lot more than our PC sims are doing. 

in any event , I hope i get rid of these stutters and hopefully enjoy the experiencew more. Perhaps the FS 2020 will not have the same issues. Im actually excited that they decided to restart again and by the looks of it their product looks great so far.

I Understand and respect that , however these systems with the huge computer rooms with airconditioned mainframe looking computers are doing a lot more than our PC sims are doing. 

in any event , I hope i get rid of these stutters and hopefully enjoy the experiencew more. Perhaps the FS 2020 will not have the same issues. Im actually excited that they decided to restart again and by the looks of it their product looks great so far.

41 minutes ago, 320skipper said:

I get phenomenal Frame rates , but with the rig I have I thought that the microstutters would not be an issue.

What is your monitor refresh rate? If you don't know, you can right click on the desktop > display settings > advanced display settings and check there. If it's 60 Hz or higher, my suggestion would be to change it to 30 Hz with P3D's frame rate limiter unlimited and Vsync checked. Vsync will sync your frame rate to your monitor's refresh rate, in this case it will limit frames to 30 for a refresh rate set to 30 Hz.

I don't know your current settings, but my guess would be that your monitor's refresh rate is higher than 30 Hz (60 probably) and P3D won't give you anywhere near 60 FPS. In this case the CPU is trying to compute all the extra frames trying to get to 60 FPS but it can't. This will cause stutters. For me it works much better if I set my TV to 30 Hz with the frame rate limiter unlimited and Vsnyc (plus triple buffering) on. Now it just stays at 30 FPS and there are no stutters because it's not trying to produce a frame rate it can't achieve anymore.

13 minutes ago, 320skipper said:

The issue with this argument is that you can't compare P3D running on a home PC to a level-d sim with all kinds of extra computing units for all sorts of processes.

Edited by threegreen

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

1 hour ago, Bert Pieke said:

There are lots of discussions about getting smooth flight in P3D, and individual systems do behave differently, since all of us have a different set of software installed.

Try this as a start... Continue running P3D at unlimited fps but limit fps at 29 in nvidia Control Panel.  Select this setting for prepar3d only. Many have found this to work nicely.

Plan B would be to lock fps at 30, inside P3D.

Bert, why lock to 30 specifically? It seems like the actual fps is always below what you set (in complex airports/add-ons mostly) so I set mine to 40 so the end result is min 30.

Any reason most lock to 30 inside the sim?

Locking via Nvidia does maintain the setting however from my experience with the price of blurries.

Shom

[Win 10 Pro, i7-9700K, MSI 3080Ti, 4K screen, Crucial 2666 16GB, 2 500GB Samsung EVOs 850/860]

[MSFS 2020 running with Fenix A320, PMDG 737, FSS E-175, Aerosoft CRJ]

[P3D v5.3 HF2 running with ifly 737 Max 8, FSLabs A319/320/321, Feelthere E170/175/190/195 v3, PMDG 737 NGXu ,TFDI 717, Aerosoft CRJ Pro, Majestic Dash 8, CS 757 iii, Feelthere ERJ-145, Fly The Maddog X, QW 787, PMDG 777]

Read this as light bedtime entertainment:

• Like 1

Bert

49 minutes ago, threegreen said:

What is your monitor refresh rate? If you don't know, you can right click on the desktop > display settings > advanced display settings and check there. If it's 60 Hz or higher, my suggestion would be to change it to 30 Hz with P3D's frame rate limiter unlimited and Vsync checked. Vsync will sync your frame rate to your monitor's refresh rate, in this case it will limit frames to 30 for a refresh rate set to 30 Hz.

That actually only works for monitors that can be set to run at 30 Hz.

Mine, for example, cannot.

Bert

46 minutes ago, Shomron said:

Bert, why lock to 30 specifically? It seems like the actual fps is always below what you set (in complex airports/add-ons mostly) so I set mine to 40 so the end result is min 30.

Any reason most lock to 30 inside the sim?

Locking via Nvidia does maintain the setting however from my experience with the price of blurries.

OK.. two things:

You should set fps to something your system can reliably produce... if you cannot hold 30, reduce your P3d settings until you can..

Blurries when limiting with NCP can be improved by setting FFTF in prepar3d.cfg or by installing the FFTF Dynamic app.  (The unlimited setting In P3D provides very limited time for texture loading..)

I have mine set as follows:

[MAIN]
FIBER_FRAME_TIME_FRACTION=0.15

• Like 1

Bert

35 minutes ago, Bert Pieke said:

Mine, for example, cannot.

Not via the monitor menu or not even via Windows' display settings?

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

Just now, threegreen said:

Not via the monitor menu or not even via Windows' display settings?

Correct.. my 60 Hz monitor will not run at 30 Hz.

Bert

1 minute ago, Bert Pieke said:

OK.. two things:

You should set fps to something your system can reliably produce... if you cannot hold 30, reduce your P3d settings until you can..

Blurries when limiting with NCP can be improved by setting FFTF in prepar3d.cfg or by installing the FFTF Dynamic app.  (The unlimited setting In P3D provides very limited time for texture loading..)

I have mine set as follows:

[MAIN]
FIBER_FRAME_TIME_FRACTION=0.15

Thanks for this info, will retry it with FFTF dynamic (which I actually own)

Shom

[Win 10 Pro, i7-9700K, MSI 3080Ti, 4K screen, Crucial 2666 16GB, 2 500GB Samsung EVOs 850/860]

[MSFS 2020 running with Fenix A320, PMDG 737, FSS E-175, Aerosoft CRJ]

[P3D v5.3 HF2 running with ifly 737 Max 8, FSLabs A319/320/321, Feelthere E170/175/190/195 v3, PMDG 737 NGXu ,TFDI 717, Aerosoft CRJ Pro, Majestic Dash 8, CS 757 iii, Feelthere ERJ-145, Fly The Maddog X, QW 787, PMDG 777]

Bert-you rare a fountain of knowledge as usual

i have a reasonable rig but was bothered with these micro stutters 

I use pretty near default settings 

Following these posts I lowered my Target Frame to 28 from 30 and stutters are gone-miraculous 

I hope to up grade from a GTX 1060 6GB to a RTX 2080ti which may make a difference ?

Have 32GB DDR4 3000 and a i-7 8700K Coffee Lake CPU 6 cores 3.7-4.7 GHz installed

Thanks once more

xxd09

PS also a monitor with an unalterable 30 Hz refresh rate

Edited by xxd09
Spelling
  • Like 1

All this talk guys made me do some tweaking that indeed took care of 95% of my problems. I lowered my frame rate in NVIDIA to 40 actually and still looking ok for now. If i encounter stutters i will retweak to 30 and hopefully it will be smooth

Thanks to all

Im glad i posted a rant as It worked well for my setup.

Thanks Bert and Threegreen and others, it was helpful

Regards

• Like 1