Sign in to follow this  
mr340

Active Sky Clouds Drawing Distance ?

Hi is there any way to increase the clouds drawing distance with active sky + true sky? I remember using FSGRW and having some amazing clouds covering more than 120nm radius. So much clouds that I was very impress. So far in active sky I haven't seen this reproduce like in FSGRW. 

Mr Leny

CPU I7 8700K @ 5.0GHz , MOBO -Asus Maximus X Hero (WiFi AC),GPU - GTX1080 TI , RAM - CORSAIR Vengeance RGB 16GB DDR4 3600MHz
SSD -Crucial MX500 1TB (P3D Install Only)
OS- Samsung 960 EVO 500GB (Window 10 Pro 64)

trueSky at the moment, shows each cloud layer stretching all the way to the horizon. For example, if cloud layer 1 is type cumulus with a base elevation of 3000 ft AGL, that’s what you see everywhere, until of course the weather changes. trueSky has a lot of randomness built into it so specific areas within the user’s view will appear to show different sky coverage. You’d  have to ask on the HiFi official forum if they think a METAR 5/8 coverage for example, set in ASP3D  looks correct with trueSky.

Note that a number of ASP3D users have reported seeing no clouds when there should be clouds and also the wrong cloud types. I’d expect that the next ASP3D beta and P3d5 hotfix might address these issues.

• Like 2

jabloom said it Right. This time being we have to live with this "limitations" in TrueSky or Enhanced Athmosphere how it´s called by LM. HiFi will roll out the next beta in the next few days, but don´t ecspect too much enhancement on the EA Portion. This will be only with the co-work by LM and hopefully with the upcoming HF2 from LM in the next couple of weeks. But it seems, that the HiFi and LM developers are on a shortline and co-working already to make this new feature of P3D great. For me it is already very very nice and realistic and i do all my legs with EA + AS ONLY and i don´t wanna go back to the legacy athmosphere.

yesterday i arrived at EKCH (Copenhagen) at evening Twilight. And once i parked at the gate and stepped out of the SIM for smoke. The real sky as i could see from my window was exactly the same apearance as in my sim at that same time. Same skycolor, same red sunshade towards the horizion and no stars can be seen because the Twilight was still too bright. The only White dot on the sky was the Venus which can be seen towards northwest very bright These days. And it was there in the Sim too at the exact same Position. That´s just one of These wow-Moments.

Edited by BerndB
  • Like 1

Bernd

P3D V6 -  PC spec: Intel i9-9900 overclocked 5 GHz HT off, 32 GB RAM, GPU Nvidia RTX3090 24GB, 2xM2 SSD, Skalarki HomeCockpit and Jeehell FMGS on a dedicated Server, PF3 for ATC, MCE, GSX, EFB, AS+ASCA+ENV and OrbXpf3-supporter.gif

Agreed, I turned off EA for the first time today and it looks so...V4. I'm not going back now. I'm confident LM and Hifi can sort through the issues. 

P3D 4.3, Windows 10/64 bit, Intel 6700k @ 4.7 air-cooled, NVidia 2080 Ti Founders Edition, ASUS Rog Maximus VIII Ranger, 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR4 @3200, Phanteks Anthoo Pro Series Case, Samsung 950 Pro M.2 500GB, Sandisk 1TB SATA, Seagate 2TB Hybrid Drive, Cooler Master 700W, 40-inch Samsung 4k TV

I turned off EA also. Just cannot get used to a whole sky full of clouds blinking into or out of existence when EA changes weather

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

1 hour ago, jabloomf1230 said:

trueSky at the moment, shows each cloud layer stretching all the way to the horizon. For example, if cloud layer 1 is type cumulus with a base elevation of 3000 ft AGL, that’s what you see everywhere, until of course the weather changes. trueSky has a lot of randomness built into it so specific areas within the user’s view will appear to show different sky coverage. You’d  have to ask on the HiFi official forum if they think a METAR 5/8 coverage for example, set in ASP3D  looks correct with trueSky.

Note that a number of ASP3D users have reported seeing no clouds when there should be clouds and also the wrong cloud types. I’d expect that the next ASP3D beta and P3d5 hotfix might address these issues.

Thank you , that makes sense . Its good to know that I am not the only reporting the same problem . How strange with other weather engine the clouds seem to be everywhere . That's how it is in the rw when I travel on long hauls most of the time. Such a great experience that I thought LM found the magic bullet when I first saw this. Hope to see it again . I will have a look in the AS forum . 

By the way I am doing a long haul right now from YMML to TJSJ. ETE is about 17:30hr. I have yet to experience the same cloud coverage stretching all the way to the horizon despite the weather updating every 15 minutes .

Edited by mr340

Mr Leny

CPU I7 8700K @ 5.0GHz , MOBO -Asus Maximus X Hero (WiFi AC),GPU - GTX1080 TI , RAM - CORSAIR Vengeance RGB 16GB DDR4 3600MHz

39 minutes ago, vgbaron said:

I turned off EA also. Just cannot get used to a whole sky full of clouds blinking into or out of existence when EA changes weather

Vic

This problem should not be impossible for LM to fix. Each tS cloud layer can have regions, which the developer refers to as volumes. It will require more “firepower” for the sim to keep track of individual volumes within the user’s reality bubble, but it should take too many volumes to provide smoother weather changes. In the long term the use of volumes should be added to the PDK so developers like HiFi can add the details.

You might want to experiment with varying the weather download frequency to see if you can get smoother transitions.

Well I push the slider with in AS for cloud drawing distance 250. I have a 1080TI I hope it can handle this setting.

Mr Leny