Sign in to follow this  
Sheldo

Honeycombe yoke

Hi,

I have just taken delivery of the above,and must say it's a well engineered product on the face of it,however I'm really struggling with the programming side as I don't find the information tells me all that I need to know.

Can someone please point me to a good video please ?

Best regards

Keith

41 minutes ago, Sheldo said:

Hi,

I have just taken delivery of the above,and must say it's a well engineered product on the face of it,however I'm really struggling with the programming side as I don't find the information tells me all that I need to know.

Can someone please point me to a good video please ?

Best regards

Keith

Hi Keith...I have been using the Honeycomb Yoke since first shipment. Personally I don't use that software that they put out. I just plugged her in and set up just like any other yoke. I have had zero problems running that way for many months. I have set up several aircraft both button and axis and even works fine with Linda. It has been trouble free with both Prepar3d V4 and V5. I have not seen any videos on the subject. For the price it is great. I think you will like it.

• Like 1

Sam

Prepar3D V5.3/12700K@5.1/EVGA 3080 TI/1000W PSU/Windows 10/40" 4K Samsung@3840x2160/ASP3D/ASCA/ORBX/
ChasePlane/General Aviation/Honeycomb Alpha+Bravo/MFG Rudder Pedals/

I agree with the above. I just program axis and adjust sensitivity through the sim with different profiles saved for diffrent aircraft types. It is a good yoke for the money.

Vic green

Thanks guys,I really have been struggling to find any useful information,I agree its great hardware, but the software is far too complicated for my 70 + years 😟

Just now, Sheldo said:

Thanks guys,I really have been struggling to find any useful information,I agree its great hardware, but the software is far too complicated for my 70 + years 😟

Agree with the other posters and that the software is a challenge. I have had some success in programming third party aircraft functions that don't map directly to P3D commands, but it is a real pain and the general consensus is that if you really want to do that, you should pay for the full FSUIPC and use LINDA.  However, if you have specific questions I'm happy to try and point you in the right direction.

I use built-in P3D controller settings for everything I can and only use the honeycomb yoke software for commands that call a third party aircraft LVAR value.  As an example, I have some of the switches mapped to specific controls in the Majestic Q400 for the Bleed Switches, the Spoiler Ground/Flight mode switch and the Steering On/Off switch.  Things like that that can't be set in the P3D controls interface.

5800X3D | Radeon RX 6900XT

Yea, I use FSUIPC for button settings for my PMDG birds like light switches fuel valve Handel's and such.

Vic green

Many thanks Vic,

I've just updated to FSUIPC 6 so I'll try tomorrow to set it up that way,

Thanks again for this most helpful advice.

Best regards

Keith

Fsuipc is great for the handle switches but problematic for the lower switches, if you dont use an inbuilt honeycomb profile you'll need linda or you will need to know the lvar for the aircraft to set them up properly, linda be easier

Wayne such

Asus Hero Z690, Galax 3080 TI, I712700K, Kraken x72 CPU Cooled, 64 GIGS Corsair DDR5, 32 Inch 4K