Sign in to follow this  
Rajveer

Frame Rates

I am not sure if this is a QW issue or FS2Crew. I updated to version 1.3 and subsequently also bought the FS2Crew add-on. What I have noticed is that the frame rates drop significantly with the FS2Crew panel open. I get anywhere from 40 to 50 FPS without the panel and once I turn the Panel on, the frame rates drop to below 15 and causes heavy stuttering. So at the moment I cannot use the FS2Crew add-on with this aircraft. Any suggestions?

Only thing that could cause that is your speech recognizer is not set up properly.

That could cause the whole sim to basically bog right now.

What's your speech recognizer set to?

Edited by byork

Hi Bryan, I use the button option so did not even set up speech. I have the PMDG 737, 777 and the 747 with all button controls, and they don't seem to effect the FPS. However I will check those as well.

Edited by Rajveer

Update:  

His frame rate loss was connected to "undocking" the FS2Crew window and moving it to another monitor.

Anyone else ever get that?

Seems to be a common issue in P3D:

https://www.google.com/search?q=undocking+panel+p3d+causes+frame+rate+drop&rlz=1C1CHZL_enKR780KR780&oq=undocking+panel+p3d+causes+frame+rate+drop&aqs=chrome..69i57.9048j0j4&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

Edited by byork

Bryan, I just went back to the same flight that I was on and tried the original scenario. The opening of the fs2crew panel does drop the frame rates but not as drastically as the undocked panel. Here are the findings just in case you want to investigate this further:

1) Without Fs2crew panel on: FPS between 38-52

2) With Panel : FPS drop to 17-32

3) With panel undocked and on another screen 9- 16 (However I was able to fix this by inputting PANEL_MAX_UPDATE_PER_FRAME = 1 under [PANELS] in Prepar3D.cfg. This raised the FPS to 17-32

So in short the FS2Crew panel is lowering the frame rate whether it is docked and on main screen on un docked on another monitor. However at least now I am able to use fs2crew as the stutters are bearable. 🙂 Thanks for you prompt help on this and hope this only gets better from here on.

• Upvote 1

I have the same problem. When I have the FS2crew panel open, the frame rate drops significantly.

I noticed that this happens together with the use of the EFB and especially with the use of Navigprah charts.

Any suggestions?

Thank you

• Like 1

I also seem to suffer from this issue, I'm not undocking the FS2Crew panel though.  I leave it in the top let of the main screen.  I'm also using the button version. My 747, maddog and 737 NGXU all work fine with no frame rate drops.

Edited by Andayle

Dean Farley

Hi,

I also have the same issue. I was previously using FS2Crew with speech recognition with the PMDG 737 NGX and 777 on P3D v5 without any problem (with the P3D v4 installers, while waiting for official P3D v5 update) . I reported the problem over the QW forum : http://qwsim.flight1.net/forums/sim-freezes-every-3-seconds_topic14955.html

I made 2 flights with QW787 and FS2Crew voice option :

- First flight : EGLL - EDDB, 787-9 (BA), I was at 30 fps and every 3 second i was briefly at 10 fps before going back to 30. When then FS2Crew panel was displayed, i was at 10 FPS. After leaving London FPS were better but i had still a lower value every 3 seconds (like 63 57 61 and then 14) and the panel was still causing huge fps drops.

- Second flight : EHAM - EIDW ,787-9 (KLM), with fps around 50 (47 - 63) and every 3 seconds I drop to 14-16 and then back to normal. This time I didn't had any strong fps drop when using the FS2Crew panel (maybe like 2-3 fps but that's it). Other than that no issues so far. Have you any ideas of what could cause this problem ?

5 minutes ago, Muffwin said:

- Second flight : EHAM - EIDW ,787-9 (KLM), with fps around 50 (47 - 63) and every 3 seconds I drop to 14-16 and then back to normal. This time I didn't had any strong fps drop when using the FS2Crew panel (maybe like 2-3 fps but that's it). Other than that no issues so far. Have you any ideas of what could cause this problem ?

Why on the 2nd flight would you have no issues with FPS but you would on your 1st flight?

What was the difference between the flights?

Are all your video drivers current?

Edited by byork

Well I don't know why, I just cwent from BA to KLM but in the same aircraft type.

Is the config file the same for the aircraft type or unique to each livery ?

All my video drivers are current, i'm using a GTX 1070 with the latest version + hotfix : https://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5022/~/geforce-hotfix-driver-version-445.98

I will try to conduct more flight this weekend and report the results back here.

Thank you four your help and support !

Edited by Muffwin
Added a question