Sign in to follow this  
benwbriscoe

ATC

I'm about to download P3D v5 for the first time...I'm a returning MSFS user.

Does it have ATC? Or are there addons to enhance it?

Many thanks,

Ben

8 minutes ago, benwbriscoe said:

I'm about to download P3D v5 for the first time...I'm a returning MSFS user.

Does it have ATC? Or are there addons to enhance it?

Many thanks,

Ben

It does have ATC by default however theres a bug in P3D v5 where P3D gives a DXGI error when opening the ATC window. There are only 2 other ATC related add-ons i could think of, and that is VoxATC and Pro ATC-X. Both of them haven't been officially updated to v5 but both of them can be made to work in v5 without much effort.

Edited by arwasairl

Aaron Kim

MOS 8502 @ 2Mhz, 512 KB 1750 Ram Expansion Unit, VIC-II E (40 columns mode), SID 6581 3-voice sound chip. 

그래요!! 

4 minutes ago, benwbriscoe said:

Ah ok...I assume they're fixing the bug in P3D?

It says its been fixed in HF1 so it might be working now. 

Aaron Kim

MOS 8502 @ 2Mhz, 512 KB 1750 Ram Expansion Unit, VIC-II E (40 columns mode), SID 6581 3-voice sound chip. 

그래요!! 

i recommend you give VATSIM a shot

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

I’d recommend Pilot2ATC for ATC. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, micstatic said:

i recommend you give VATSIM a shot

I've never tried VATSIM. Does it give a realistic ATC across the world? 

How does it cope if I leave my aircraft alone for a few hours (say on a 12 hour flight) to just do it's thing? Am I expected to be answerable all of the time?

VATSIM is with a real life human.  It's more realistic now than it ever has been.  I would also say it's more realistic than program alternatives available.  Atleast over here in the US, there are more controllers working than in previous years.  But it's not designed for people to be gone any more than 30 minutes.  Even that it's probably best to just logoff.  

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

44 minutes ago, micstatic said:

VATSIM is with a real life human.  It's more realistic now than it ever has been.  I would also say it's more realistic than program alternatives available.  Atleast over here in the US, there are more controllers working than in previous years.  But it's not designed for people to be gone any more than 30 minutes.  Even that it's probably best to just logoff.  

Ah ok. Can you log back in halfway through your flight?

Yes 

2 hours ago, jabloomf1230 said:

I’d recommend Pilot2ATC for ATC.

jay

have i missed an update or something ??

for now, cheers

john martin

1 hour ago, micstatic said:

Yes 

Can you use VATSIM with AI traffic? What's the best AI traffic programme to use?

23 minutes ago, benwbriscoe said:

Can you use VATSIM with AI traffic? What's the best AI traffic programme to use?

VATSIM is with real people. The people won't communicate with the AI traffic, but instead, communicate with other real people flying.

Aaron Kim

그래요!! 

21 minutes ago, arwasairl said:

VATSIM is with real people. The people won't communicate with the AI traffic, but instead, communicate with other real people flying.

Thanks...I understand that. But can VATSIM and AI traffic be used at the same time or does the AI interfere with the real people on VATSIM?