Sign in to follow this  
micstatic

Aerosoft SMF in V5

Anybody have this working in V5?  I was also wondering what scenery order you ahve the three layers in from top of list to bottom?  Right now my terminals are still showing the defaults for most

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

I have this working in v5 no problem, in fact I've not found a case where an airport developed for v4 would not work in v5.

You should not have to manipulate layers.  Any addon will be above all defaults.  An exception to this is if you are using Orbx Central and you have it loaded to top of scenery.... I've found everything works best when it's insertion point is below all addon scenery.  I had default terrain textures showing once when Orbx layering was catywamupus.  I cannot speak to the Lorby Addon Organizer, only used it once.  It's great tool but just not using it.

Edited by downscc

Dan Downs KCRP

This scenery was not developed for V4.  It was either V3 or even FSX.  Like many in that class it requires a new ADE because things like old towers or old terminals can peak thru.  Same issue people had with Orlando.  You might need to study your install closer because it's possible if you look at the terminals closer you will see.  

Regarding layers.  This scenery is not just the airport.  But a landclass and a 3rd.  not sure if it's a mesh   Cant remember.  So I'm curious which layer order everybody has for the three of them.  It's also possible you just installed the airport and not the other two if you look at your scenery data. 

Edit: In fact inibuilds now has a whole section at their site for incompatible V4 fix files to make them work

Edited by micstatic
ed

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

nobody?

I have it working perfectly - I guess I shouldn't say that because I did have to turn one of the BGL to .off which is OBX15180 in scenery/102/scenery.  Once I did that the default scenery disappeared. My order in P3dv5 for the actual product itself.

Sacramento Airport

SMF_LC

SMF_LIBS

system i9 10850K NVidia RTX3090 24GB Samsung SSD980 m.2 1TB (x2) Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD Seagate 2TB external drive Samsung SSD 840 EVO 250GB SSD Asus B460M-PLUS Mobo 32GB GSkill DDR4 3000mhz Ram using P3D v5.3

Thanks for the help with layering.  I'm not sure i want to delete that OBX as that will also delete Oakland and various others.  But I'm not skilled enough with ADE editing to know how to kill just SMF default.  

no man, do not delete it.  Just change it to ".off"  It won't do anything to harm your set up.  It gets rid of the default objects and is the easiest workaround to have all of your addons work in p3d v5.  I have a sh^% pile of non v5 stuff working in V5 with this method. Hell, I even have LatinVFR's TTCP and TSIM's TUPJ working in V5 and they both were only ever "compatible" with FS9 and FSX.

Edited by ywg256

system i9 10850K NVidia RTX3090 24GB Samsung SSD980 m.2 1TB (x2) Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD Seagate 2TB external drive Samsung SSD 840 EVO 250GB SSD Asus B460M-PLUS Mobo 32GB GSkill DDR4 3000mhz Ram using P3D v5.3

36 minutes ago, ywg256 said:

no man, do not delete it.  Just change it to ".off"  It won't do anything to harm your set up.  It gets rid of the default objects and is the easiest workaround to have all of your addons work in p3d v5.  I have a sh^% pile of non v5 stuff working in V5 with this method. Hell, I even have LatinVFR's TTCP and TSIM's TUPJ working in V5 and they both were only ever "compatible" with FS9 and FSX.

my point is whether off or deleted the default OAK will be turned off.  Take a look.  I've used this in the past, but I prefer the isolated exclusions that remove exactly what I need but not what I don't.  Though I appreciate your help.  

1 hour ago, micstatic said:

my point is whether off or deleted the default OAK will be turned off.  Take a look.  I've used this in the past, but I prefer the isolated exclusions that remove exactly what I need but not what I don't.  Though I appreciate your help.  

Doesn't the latest ver of ADE have the capability of laying down an exclusion rectangle that will get rid of default objects?

I know it did with P3Dv4.5.  You could place an exclusion rectangle and then tick several boxes to set the exclusion flags for items you wanted excluded.  It is very easy to do using ADE, the only real problem is finding the correct icon or menu item in ADE.  Does this not work with P3Dv5?

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

I honestly have no idea how to do it. Guess I could try and learn 

Sorry man, i clearly didnt read your entire post but mace is right. There is an exclusion option by building a rectangle around the area you are looking to remove default objects from. By the way not sure if you know but i think cloudberry had released koak which may work with v5. I dont fly into koak ever so i havent a reason to buy it. 

• Upvote 1

i've never used the ADE program before.  So I'll have to see how hard it is to exclude.  Sounds fairly simple.  

It's pretty easy, you just draw it in with the mouse to encompass the entire area you want excluded.

The trickiest part is finding the icon and figuring out the dialog boxes for loading a stock airport.

What you will want to do is "load stock airport from bgl" and then select the default KSMF airport, then select the Exclusion Rectangle tool (there should be an icon for it near the top of the window).  After you have finished drawing your rectangle, it will let you tick some checkboxes for what exactly you want it to exclude -- in other words you can limit it to just taxiwaysigns, for example.  If you need to edit your rectangle you can click on it, and move a vertex (corner), or delete the entire rectangle and start over.

I have not tried this with v5 although I hear there is a v5-compatible version of ADE out now.

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

FYI.  Inibuilds just put out a compatibility exclude patch.  

On 5/22/2020 at 6:43 AM, ywg256 said:

I have it working perfectly - I guess I shouldn't say that because I did have to turn one of the BGL to .off which is OBX15180 in scenery/102/scenery.  Once I did that the default scenery disappeared. My order in P3dv5 for the actual product itself.

Sacramento Airport

SMF_LC

SMF_LIBS

When you disable these files, you lose anywhere from 50-90 airports.  This is not a good technique for trying to overcome default objects from poking through add-on scenery.  For the OP question, it is highly unlikely that this field will be updated.  It wasn't even updated for v4.  While Aerosoft wrapped the product, it was a group called I.D.S. that created it.  They have, up to this point, gone vaporware or have had no interest in updating the product.