Sign in to follow this  
ChaoticBeauty

May 21st, 2020 - Development Update

1 minute ago, mattdebrugha said:

Would the same application survey apply to Beta invites?

I don't see why not, especially since the "Tech Alpha Registration" tab has been renamed to "Flighting Signup". However we can't know for sure. If the Alpha builds are any indication, the Closed Beta begins testing in mid-July, which means Asobo will probably supply us with the relevant information well before then.

• Like 1

So would alpha users automatically get access to the beta or will they create new pool of testers?

I honestly can't remember if I have asked before, but what happens to all the alpha/beta versions of MSFS? Can MS lock access to them so people will need to uninstall them, before they can buy and install the finished version? Cause I don't assume they will give the finish version away for free to all the testers?

Jorn Lundtoft

I don't always stop and look at airplanes.........Oh wait, Yes I do.

Intel I7-13700F, 32GB Fury DDR5 - 6000, Kingston 1TB NVMe PCIe 4.0 SSD, Asus Geforce RTX 4070 TI 12GB, Kingston 2TB M2 NVMe SSD, Corsair 750W PCU, Windows 11

5 hours ago, Superdelphinus said:

I think they’ve said before that once you’re in the testing pool, you’re in it until release. 

This part is what I dont like about the alpha process.  If they can only have x number of alpha people using at the same time, it would be nice to have a new group replace the older group to get some fresh eyes looking for unfixed bugs.  I also wonder how many got accepted that stopped testing it over time.  What a waste that would be.  I suppose MS would know how infrequent someone logs in and could react accordingly.

• Upvote 1

MSFS Alpha tester on W10 Pro x64. Hardware: AMD 5900X 12 core CPU. Cooler Master ML360R AIO, Asus X570-E mobo, Asus Strix 3090 24GB gfx card, G.Skill TridentZ 64GB (4x16) DDR4-3600 RAM, Samsung 970 250GB SSD (OS), Samsung 980 Pro 1TB M.2 pcie-4 NVMe SSD (MSFS install). EVGA 850w Gold cert PSU, CUK Continuum full ATX tower.  43" Sceptre 4K display. VR: HP Reverb G2.

1 hour ago, Brandon01110 said:

This part is what I dont like about the alpha process.  If they can only have x number of alpha people using at the same time, it would be nice to have a new group replace the older group to get some fresh eyes looking for unfixed bugs.  I also wonder how many got accepted that stopped testing it over time.  What a waste that would be.  I suppose MS would know how infrequent someone logs in and could react accordingly.

I don't think anyone has stopped testing unless they stopped flying. This is how I test, I go doa flight and if I see someone wrong I take a screen shot and report. There are other tests that they asked to do but I won't say. 

Cheers 🥂 

7 hours ago, Superdelphinus said:

I think they’ve said before that once you’re in the testing pool, you’re in it until release. 

Yep, this is why it gets worse over time for those of us who have not gotten invites.  The longer we go without an invite the less likely we are to ever get one.

11 minutes ago, Mengy said:

The longer we go without an invite the less likely we are to ever get one.

Think positive. The longer you wait for an invite the closer release date comes. 😉

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Mengy said:

Yep, this is why it gets worse over time for those of us who have not gotten invites.  The longer we go without an invite the less likely we are to ever get one.

They've said everyone who signs up will get to test. It's just a matter of time.

6 minutes ago, Tuskin38 said:

They've said everyone who signs up will get to test. It's just a matter of time.

I assume the beta at some point will be turned into a demo. I just can't see them opening up the beta to the masses.

1 hour ago, YVRDXBLHR said:

I assume the beta at some point will be turned into a demo. I just can't see them opening up the beta to the masses.

They didn't promise, that there will be a public beta for the masses. They only said, that every who subscribed, get invitation at some point. Nothing more. So, they still have 6 or more months to meet this promise.

1 hour ago, YVRDXBLHR said:

I'd imagine that by the time of the Tech Alpha v5 release they would allow in all the very early Insiders to the last Alpha. Obviously your computer would have to meet the minimum specs of MSFS. At least I hope so.🙏

Edited by eaim

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D, GIGABYTE X570 Aorus Ultra, 32GB DDR4 3600 MHz RAM, 2* 1 TB SSD,1*4 TB M.2, 2*1 TB M.2, (4TB) HDD,RADEON RX 6800XT NITRO+ OC SE 16GB GDDR6, NZXT Kraken X73, NZXT 710 Case, X55 JOYSTICK/THROTTLES, LG 4K monitor, Dell 1080 monitor. Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Bravo Throttle. Thrustmaster TPR Pedals. Tobii Eye tracker.

They said,"Closed Beta"  I understand that means the testing will be by persons selected to participate in the Beta.  I would assume that an individuals active participation in the Alpha would be one of the criteria for beta selection.

2 hours ago, dexthom said:

They said,"Closed Beta"  I understand that means the testing will be by persons selected to participate in the Beta.  I would assume that an individuals active participation in the Alpha would be one of the criteria for beta selection.

Maybe yes, maybe not 🙂 They might want a completely new people with different hardware. Or not... 🙂

Edited by ludekbrno

I don't think they expected such massive amounts of applications when they promised that everybody would get access. Not sure how they are going to manage to add all in without massive leaks unless they open it up completely without NDA.

I have given up on it, so if it ever happens it will be a nice surprise.

• Like 1