Sign in to follow this  
Quasimodo

Prepar3D V5 and FRAPS

Any one manage to record P3D V5 footage with FRAPS?

I tried but FRAPS doesn't seem to recognize it.

Start FRAPS first then V5 and no frame counter shows.

Then when I start TrackIR the frame counter shows

It worked fine with V4.

Fraps won't work with V5, since it is DX12 and Fraps isn't compatible with DX12. Bummer, I used to use it for my videos as well, I use the ATI Radeon's recorder now instead, there is an equivalent NVidia one if you have an NVidia GPU.

Edited by Chock

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

If you have an Nvidia GPU, it is much easier to enable geforce in game overlay/Shadow play recording. Very little if any noticeable frame hit, the video quality and frame rate or selectable and with a modern Nvidia gpu it will use the awesome nvenc encoder...it is worth it's weight in gold!

• Like 1

Nick Silver

http://www.youtube.com/user/socalf1fan

Ryzen 7 5800x, 32gb ddr4 3200mhz ram, RTX 3080 FE, HP Reverb G2 v2, 4K Tv Monitor

Ah, DX12 is the issue. that makes sense. I typically use shadowPlay but ShadowPlay can't record at 24fps. FRAPS can. So that's, that! ☹️

Edited by Quasimodo

Have you tried using OBS? Can use Nvidia's NVENC encoder to record, tons of quality and FPS settings, plus it's free. FRAPS is ancient, slow and not really recommended in this day and age. 

• Like 1

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

1 hour ago, Sethos said:

Have you tried using OBS? Can use Nvidia's NVENC encoder to record, tons of quality and FPS settings, plus it's free. FRAPS is ancient, slow and not really recommended in this day and age. 

Can it capture at 24fps?😁

2 hours ago, Quasimodo said:

Can it capture at 24fps?😁

Yes, you can also manually put in whatever FPS you want it to be recorded at. 

• Like 1

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

I tested a selection of screen recording applications (including those above - apart from the Radeon option) and settled on Action! as being the most reliable, easiest to use and with the features I was after.

Yes it is a paid application but imho is well worth paying for and you can trial before purchasing.

Check out my vids link in my sig where everything since the 4th of March 2019 has been recorded with Action!

https://mirillis.com/en/products/action.html

Cheers

Edited by Rogen

Ryzen 5800X clocked to 4.7 Ghz (SMT off), 32 GB ram, Samsung 1 x 1 TB NVMe 970, 2 x 1 TB SSD 850 Pro raided, Asus Tuf 3080Ti

P3D 4.5.14, Orbx Global, Vector and more, lotsa planes too.

Catch my vids on Oz Sim Pilot, catch my screen pics @ Screenshots and Prepar3D

That's a shame. I like to use Fraps when I am taking beta screenshots, so I guess that I will have to find something else when I eventually upgrade to Prepar3D v5 ☹️

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

On 5/22/2020 at 7:50 AM, Sethos said:

Man am I ever impressed with this recorder. Thanks for the tip. It might revive my YouTube channel!🤣

• Like 1

On 5/22/2020 at 10:29 PM, Christopher Low said:

That's a shame. I like to use Fraps when I am taking beta screenshots, so I guess that I will have to find something else when I eventually upgrade to Prepar3D v5 ☹️

I use snapper for screen shots

Ed

ASRock 2390 Phantom Gaming 4S - Intel Core i7-9700K 3.6ghz - (4.6ghz turbo) liquid cooled -32GB DDR4-3000 mhz OC - NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER 8GB - 480GB SSD - 970 EVO PLUS M.2 1TB

Pilot      C152 - C172SP - PA-28-181 Archer II - Piper PA-28 Cherokee -  AOPA# 09053717

https://www.pcflyers.org/