Sign in to follow this  
Benbo

FS2 Crew QW 787

Hi Guys,

Just purchased the said item and to be totally honest with you,i am very disappointed with it all.

Its definatly not up to the usual standard for FS2 Crew as with the 737 and 777,cant comment

on the 747  because i dont own that.

First off the voices sound a little robotic and dont sound to freindly to say the least,unlike the 

others (737,777).

If you request anything from the flight attendents she says she will be up in a minute with requested

item but never arrives.

Hope these issues can be resolved in a further update,it all seems like a rush job to me to get it relased.

With Thanks

Gary Jones 

Hi Gary,

We're going to add more bass to the voices.... but disagree they sound robotic.  It could just be the headset filter used.

Many of the same voice actors were used from other FS2Crew's.

We'll check out that FA / bringing you the coffee report.  That could be a bug.  We'll test.

I'm already working on a V1.1.

If you have any feature requests, we'll be happy to entertain them.

Cheers,

Edited by byork

Hi Byork,

Thanks for replying so quickly,good to hear that some of the items will be looked onto

with further updates.

Just an idea would it be possible to add a little more interaction between Captain

and the passengers during mid flight,maybe jusy a progress report,because after 

the TOC announcement there is nothing until the TOD annoucement which on long

haul flights is not relalistic.

Thanks

Gary.

The items we're currently doing for V1.1 are:

1. FO presses ND after completing the electronic checklist.

2. Some of the 'ticks' on the ECL could be missed if you run the checklist too fast.  

3. More bass for the crew voices.

4. FA actually brings the food/coffee.

5. UK PA for welcome aboard refers to a 747.

Those are all the known issue thus far.  Some people reported a frame rate issues, but that may just be the plane itself.  We don't know yet.  Because my beta team can't reproduce it.

As for more 'in flight stuff', we're rather limited on what we can do.  It's difficult to make 'progress' report type PAs because the PAs have to be very generic obviously.

The reality is this plane is so extraordinary automated that in the cruise phrase there really isn't that much to do.

Edited by byork

Byork,

Thanks again for the swift response,im not suffering any FPS issues at all and im running

FSX SE.Pity no mid flight announcements cant be introduced would have taken the FS2 Crew

experience to a new level.

Is there a time scale on when the updates will be released.

Thanks

Gary.

Thanks for your support,appreciated.

Gary.

Hello Forum

Yes indeed - this version on the 787 is way short on feature and accuracy to previous versions - I own a few.

Some items do not work as well - like calling for flaps after the start up.

Just disappointed so hoping for some updates shortly

Regards

Bill Gradwell

Edited by BillGradwell
Typo