• Unlimited (no VSYNC)
    • Unlimited (VSYNC 30Hz Monitor)
    • Unlimited (VSYNC >30Hz Monitor)
    • Unlimited + RTSS (scanline sync)
    • Unlimited + RTSS (framerate limit)
    • Unlimited + Nvidia control panel framerate limit
    • Unlimited + Nvidia inspector framerate limit
    • P3D internal framerate limit
    • Combination of internal and external limiter (external fps < internal fps)
    • Other setup
  2. 2. What is your frame rate limit?

• < 20 fps
    • 20-29 fps
    • 30 fps
    • 60 fps
    • Other limit

1 hour ago, Ianrivaldosmith said:

G-sync 🙂

If only I could get it working in Windowed mode.  Seems to always fight with something else on my system.  My sim will be fantastic and smooth for a minute or two, then stutters become noticeable until I minimize the window and maximize it...or hide then unhide the menu bar.

Mind sharing your NVCP or NVI settings and sim settings that work?

Edited by CaptKornDog

Kyle Weber (Private Pilot, ASEL; Flight Test Engineer)
Check out my repaints and downloads, all right here on AVSIM

40 minutes ago, JRBarrett said:

In NVCP, "Max Frame Rate". Should be the first "M" entry right under "Low Latency Mode"

It appears to me that I'm missing a lot of NVCP entries: No "MaxFrameRate", no "Low Latency Mode" no "Sharpening" ... I knew that I've seen all those entries very recently. Maybe it has to do with the latest Windows10 feature update (2004). I'll do a driver check or driver re-install.

Edit: That was it. Windows feature update replaced my driver with a fairly old one. Now I have all entries in the NVCP back.

Edited by Nemo

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

1 hour ago, Nemo said:

Stan,

where do you adjust your frame rates? I could not find any frame rate limiter within the NVidia Control Panel? Do you use  the NVInspector? I also realized that "Sharpening" is no more available in my NVCP.

Max Frame Rate  in NVidia Control Panel (I set mine to 30).  Unlimited in the sim.

Stan

Edited by spilok

19 hours ago, spilok said:

I'm finding too, that after days and days of trying all kinds of combination settings in P3d v5, that setting the NVidia Frame Limiter to 30 and using Unlimited in the sim (no VSync or TB), that my flights are much more reliable so that they are not interrupted by pauses or stuttering.  So far then, I am beginning to believe this is the way to go with this sim.  I never would have believed it just a week ago.  I am not changing my monitor frequency from 60Hz.  I leave it there.

Stan

I finally successfully tried this same tact, NCP Max Frame to 30, Unlimited in-sim, and vsync/TB off.  I did the exact some flight out of KDEN-HD ORBX CRM, in the NGXu, that I did in my default, 'Holy Grail' config which I've done for 7 years w/ absolutely fluid performance, but with the rare to occasional 'long frame/pause'.  It looked hopeful until during taxi we began getting little niggles, short stutters, in particular when turning briskly where I was getting 3-4 of these stutters for a 90 degree turn.  CPU and GPU loads were very modest, at ~65% each or so varying of course here and there, but no spikes ever to high load values to explain those stutters.  

So this test, NCP 30/unlimited/no vsync/no TB/60Hz screen, was absolutely inferior to Unlimited/vsync to 30Hz screen/TB enabled.  Oh, I could go in a straight line and largely not have stutters so as I say it looked hopeful for a while.  That exact same taxi path in the same flight w/ my default settings got one minor niggle for a very long taxi from B55 to Rwy53L, and I really yanked one 90 degree turn fast to stress it, but not even there was there any hint of a stutter, whereas I made it halfway to the apron and after maybe 30 or more short stutters gave up, once again, on something other than my default settings.  I'm pretty sure this was a sufficient test but will try one more sometime before giving up on it.

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

20 hours ago, spilok said:

Max Frame Rate  in NVidia Control Panel (I set mine to 30).  Unlimited in the sim.

Stan

Lets just say, I thought it was smooth.....

Had no idea what everybody was talking about so, did some research and followed the above.

I am speechless! I can honestly say now that i have just takin a flight that it is now like glass!

Thank you Stan! My Hero of the day!

Ed

ASRock 2390 Phantom Gaming 4S - Intel Core i7-9700K 3.6ghz - (4.6ghz turbo) liquid cooled -32GB DDR4-3000 mhz OC - NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER 8GB - 480GB SSD - 970 EVO PLUS M.2 1TB

Pilot      C152 - C172SP - PA-28-181 Archer II - Piper PA-28 Cherokee -  AOPA# 09053717

https://www.pcflyers.org/

On 5/22/2020 at 2:56 PM, mtr75 said:

What's the reasoning behind this? I have a 60 hz panel also. 

I think you're referring to the framerate I use?

Some folks can change their monitor's refresh rate to 30 and then lock that framerate in by enabling Vsync.  Those of us who can't must use other means to target 30 FPS, and the NCP/NVI Framerate Limiter is a good choice.  Note though that it is a Limiter, not a Lock.  So it can fluctuate... and doing so above 30 FPS (1/2 our refresh rate) can cause occasional small stutters ("hitches" I call them :biggrin:).

Using this website you can observe your monitor's performance using their motion tests.  My monitor's refresh rate constantly fluctuates between 59 and 60 😠.  And the Framerate Limiter in NCP/NVI holds my framerate to +- 1.  If I limit framerate at 28, the highest framerate I'll see is 29... double that keeps me under the low of 59Hz my monitor does.  Which helps eliminate almost those "hitches" I sometimes saw after I started using the Nvidia Framerate Limiter.

HTH,

Greg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ed_S_Pilot said:

Lets just say, I thought it was smooth.....

Had no idea what everybody was talking about so, did some research and followed the above.

I am speechless! I can honestly say now that i have just takin a flight that it is now like glass!

Thank you Stan! My Hero of the day!

Happy that it worked for you.  It works for me on all flights so far.  I'm enjoying this setting.

Stan

• Like 1

What's the difference of setting FPS limit in P3D vs. setting limit in NVidia?

Thanks.

Aaron Ortega

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 3.4 GHz 8-Core Processor, Asus TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI) ATX AM4 Motherboard, Samsung 980 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive, SAMSUNG 870 QVO SATA III SSD 4TB, Asus TUF GAMING GeForce RTX 3090 24 GB Video Card, ASUS ROG STRIX 850G 850W Gold Power Supply, Windows 10 x64 Home

46 minutes ago, Dreamflight767 said:

What's the difference of setting FPS limit in P3D vs. setting limit in NVidia?

Thanks.

CPU usage is higher if you limit in p3d.

Bert

Cant seem to get ncp frame rate lock to work any ideas

Colin hodds

I7 9700K,nvidia 3090 ,ssd ,32gig 3200mhz ram ,win10,prep3d

25 minutes ago, cannow said:

Cant seem to get ncp frame rate lock to work any ideas

Make sure you SAVE it after you set it.  

Stan

1 hour ago, Bert Pieke said:

CPU usage is higher if you limit in p3d.

Thanks.  Might have to give that a try.

Aaron Ortega

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 3.4 GHz 8-Core Processor, Asus TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI) ATX AM4 Motherboard, Samsung 980 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive, SAMSUNG 870 QVO SATA III SSD 4TB, Asus TUF GAMING GeForce RTX 3090 24 GB Video Card, ASUS ROG STRIX 850G 850W Gold Power Supply, Windows 10 x64 Home

I mostly limit my frame rate by having an ancient processor!

G

• Like 2

Gary Davies aka "Gazzareth"

Simming since 747 on the Acorn Electron

Tried limiting to 36 (1/4 of 144), 40, and 48 (1/3 of 144) in NCP with unlimited and Vsync off In sim (as well as on).  Still can’t achieve consistent Gsync “smoothness” like some others have reported.  Will be extremely fluid for several seconds with FPS over 38 or 42+, the stutter for several seconds after until I hide/unhorse the menu bar or minimize and reload the window.  This is with both UI acceleration on and off in the .cfg.  No real change lowering the panel refresh rate to 120, 100, or 60 also.

So I’m not quite sure how the Gsync folks are accomplishing the supposed smoothness.

Kyle Weber (Private Pilot, ASEL; Flight Test Engineer)
Check out my repaints and downloads, all right here on AVSIM

54 minutes ago, CaptKornDog said:

Tried limiting to 36 (1/4 of 144), 40, and 48 (1/3 of 144) in NCP with unlimited and Vsync off In sim (as well as on).  Still can’t achieve consistent Gsync “smoothness” like some others have reported.  Will be extremely fluid for several seconds with FPS over 38 or 42+, the stutter for several seconds after until I hide/unhorse the menu bar or minimize and reload the window.  This is with both UI acceleration on and off in the .cfg.  No real change lowering the panel refresh rate to 120, 100, or 60 also.

So I’m not quite sure how the Gsync folks are accomplishing the supposed smoothness.

Are you running in full screen mode? (I know it’s not true full screen) 

Do you have g-sync enabled for full screen only or full screen and windowed? 
do you have any other addon windows open and are you on single monitor? 
also, make sure you have vsync forced to ON globally in your Nvidia control panel. 
Do you have VRR selected in the sim menu? 
also, is your g-sync module working ok? Try the Nvidia pendulum software to test it. I once had a broken g-sync and the pendulum software confirmed if for me. 

Edited by Ianrivaldosmith