Sign in to follow this  
Hammer308

FSX issues with new programs

Recently installed Orbx, Rex4 w/ Soft Clouds Enhanced Edition and AS16, but now am having some issues in FSX that I'm not sure how to rectify.

1. Am getting flickering on runway lines and have lost Progressive Taxi completely.

2. All street lights are showing up as black squares and a/c wing lights are now white squares.

3. various aircraft are now only showing up as white w/ no details.

None of these happened before installing the new programs with the recommended settings that were given.

Not sure which of the programs could be causing the issues, and have already tried various different settings with no luck.

Am using the following sys. : FSX Gold w/ Accel Pack, Win10/64, i7 8700 3.2Gb, GTX 1050Ti (am upgrading to RTX 2060 shortly), 32Gb Corsair Vengeance LPX 2666 RAM.

Other than these issues, everything works great, am easily getting 60+ fps regularly.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanx. 

• Like 1

If you are using FSX DX10 Preview, either turn it off or buy and install Steve's DX10 Scenery Fixer.

My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

You guys are really something !

Can't believe it was something that simple.

My only question now is: how is someone supposed to know that ahead of time,

so someone like me doesn't have to ask stupid questions?  🤔

Thanx again guys.

19 minutes ago, Hammer308 said:

You guys are really something !

Can't believe it was something that simple.

My only question now is: how is someone supposed to know that ahead of time,

so someone like me doesn't have to ask stupid questions?  🤔

Thanx again guys.

years of experience and much reading of manuals and forums, that's all

• Like 2

This is a shameless plug here from a long time user of Steve's DX10 Fixer! If you have the budget available to purchase his Cloud Shadows add-on, assuming you decide to buy the Fixer in the first place of course, then do so! Once you go above 1000 feet you get cloud shadows which vary in contrast depending upon the lighting conditions. I have REX4 with soft clouds and us FSOpen Clouds as my METAR injector - works well. I cannot comment on AS16 though.

• Upvote 1

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)