Sign in to follow this  
kaha

ORBX TE Washington released

I would love to see them make a Florida one of these to use in v5

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

3 minutes ago, micstatic said:

I would love to see them make a Florida one of these to use in v5

It's coming this year.

• Upvote 1

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

Whole state?

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

26 minutes ago, captain420 said:

There's no point in having True Earth Washington running along with NA PNW Region, or even OpenLC, since I'm assuming that you won't even see those add-ons and True Earth will sit on top right? So For those of us who own and use NA PNW Region, should we uninstall it if we're going to be using True Earth Washington? These products are starting to overlap one another and causes quite a confusion for me.

TE coverage is not as large as FTX PNW region. TE Oregon is also coming soon. My advice is that you choose TE of FTX. I have all the FTX regions in the are and all TE regions for XP. TE and XP are a match made in heaven. The one thing that is apparent from both products is the depiction of roads. XP simply has the best road and road traffic. Very immersive!

3 minutes ago, micstatic said:

Whole state?

Yes.

Let's see if I can get @tonywob to confirm when we should expect TE FL for P3D.

He's the AVSIM XPlane mod.

You can also do a search in the FTX forum.

Edited by DJJose
  • Like 1

Sorry if this has been asked before, but if you own PNW would this work fine if you get TE Washington? Would I have to uninstall PNW? Does the two work fine installed?

Edited by Shinx13

Reynaldo Rodriguez

Philadelphia, PA

VATSIM | ZNY S3

signature-dark.png

JBU427.png

22 minutes ago, DJJose said:

TE coverage is not as large as FTX PNW region. TE Oregon is also coming soon. My advice is that you choose TE of FTX. I have all the FTX regions in the are and all TE regions for XP. TE and XP are a match made in heaven. The one thing that is apparent from both products is the depiction of roads. XP simply has the best road and road traffic. Very immersive!

So you're recommending that TE will always be better than FTX Regions? Also do you think TE will be better on performance vs FTX Regions or more?

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

As tempting as these TE sceneries may seem, how long of a load time are we able to tolerate? 

Intel i7 10700K | Asus Maximus XII Hero | Asus TUF RTX 3090 | 32GB HyperX Fury 3200 DDR4 | 1TB Samsung M.2 (W11) | 2TB Samsung M.2 (MSFS2020) | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280mm AIO | 43" Samsung Q90B | 27" Asus Monitor

14 minutes ago, captain420 said:

So you're recommending that TE will always be better than FTX Regions? Also do you think TE will be better on performance vs FTX Regions or more?

TE Washington & Oregon lacks seasons and takes up much more SSD space, but it should look much better than FTX. TE is also missing the Vancouver area. It really depends on what type of flying you like to do. I prefer low & slow GA exploration flights so TE is my preferred choice.

1 minute ago, SolRayz said:

As tempting as these TE sceneries may seem, how long of a load time are we able to tolerate? 

Loading times of GB or Netherlands in P3D v4.5 was not bad at all. I load these regions in under 2 minutes.

that's where I see the draw in a place like FL.  Seasons don't really mean that much

Anyone having trouble getting the scenery detail to load?  I can't seem to get the detailed roads and ground textures to load.  Both are very blurry.

Danny

1 hour ago, SolRayz said:

Load times are longer than the FTX region as a stand-alone, but not nearly as bad as TE in Xplane 11.5b9....you could make a sandwich, play some PS4, a full game of Monopoly and it should be ready by then.

Nick Silver

http://www.youtube.com/user/socalf1fan

Ryzen 7 5800x, 32gb ddr4 3200mhz ram, RTX 3080 FE, HP Reverb G2 v2, 4K Tv Monitor

10 hours ago, kaha said:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/8sx2elrnlv0pxw9/KORS before.jpg?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/grvl4okqz3erbaw/KORS after.jpg?dl=0

before means ORBX Global, NA and PNW

after means TE Washington

I have the impression that at ORBX airports the difference is not significant.

Karl

Who makes that little plane you flying? Looks great for sightseeing.

Maurice J

I7 7700k 4.7 \ EVGA 1080ti \ G-Skill 32GB \ Samsung 4K TV

16 minutes ago, reecemj said:

Who makes that little plane you flying? Looks great for sightseeing.

it looks like the Icon A5 by rikoooo 🙂

• Like 1

PC- AMD Ryzen 7800X3D, 64gb 6400mhz RAM, Nvidia RTX4090

Thinking of skipping this one. Already have DD for the Seattle area and MegaScenery for the rest of the state. DD looks and performs great, was designed natively for P3D and not as a port-over from XP.  And honestly I'm not overly impressed by the screenshots. DD's downtown Seattle looks better in my opinion. I might get TE when it's half off.

• Like 1

P3D 4.3, Windows 10/64 bit, Intel 6700k @ 4.7 air-cooled, NVidia 2080 Ti Founders Edition, ASUS Rog Maximus VIII Ranger, 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR4 @3200, Phanteks Anthoo Pro Series Case, Samsung 950 Pro M.2 500GB, Sandisk 1TB SATA, Seagate 2TB Hybrid Drive, Cooler Master 700W, 40-inch Samsung 4k TV