Sign in to follow this  
kaha

ORBX TE Washington released

8 hours ago, Shinx13 said:

Sorry if this has been asked before, but if you own PNW would this work fine if you get TE Washington? Would I have to uninstall PNW? Does the two work fine installed?

check FTX ORBX forum here is a link

https://orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/194208-true-earth-and-region-together/

• Like 1

Jac 

PC Specs: 

/MoBo: Asus Rampage V Extreme/CPU: Intel ®  Core i7 5930k @ 3.5 Ghz OC 4.2 Ghz/CPU Cooling: Hydro series H100i / RAM: 32GB DDR4 2400MHz/ SSD: 4x Samsung SSD 850 PRO 512 GB/SSD: 1x Samsung SSD 970 EVO 1TB M.2 /PSU: Corsair RM  850

/GPU: NVidia Geforce RTX 2080 Ti OC 11 GB (Asus ROG STRIX Gaming) /Monitor:  Asus ROG 348Q Res, 3440x1440 / OC 100 Hz /OS: Windows 10 Professional 64 bit - Version Build 19041 

FlightSim: P3Dv5 HF2 & MSFS 2020 Hardware: Yoko Yoke+ ; Yoke TQ6+ 

2 hours ago, bbain1187 said:

Thinking of skipping this one. Already have DD for the Seattle area and MegaScenery for the rest of the state. DD looks and performs great, was designed natively for P3D and not as a port-over from XP.  And honestly I'm not overly impressed by the screenshots. DD's downtown Seattle looks better in my opinion. I might get TE when it's half off.

I guess this assumption is only based on the fact that TE Washington was first released for XP. If you think this way, FlyTampa Copenhagen was a port-over from P3D to XP or Active Sky was a port-over from FSX to P3D and then to XP  ...

I have removed DD Seattle area but kept the airports. IMO, this is currently the best combination for this area and you don't have only Seattle, you have the whole state. I also see more details with TE WA than with DD Sea but I think this depends from settings too.

• Like 1

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

7 hours ago, snapshot21 said:

it looks like the Icon A5 by rikoooo 🙂

Correct.

Karl

i9-9900K@5,0   |  32GB 3200  |  2080TI  |  4K 55"  |  MSFS | P3D V5

Definitely a s improvement in my setups

Orbx PNW is very good and generates a rather standard pretty picture 

TE Washington just takes things further-getting nearer a photorealistic mode 

Better for me currently in P3Dv4.5h2 but will be as good in my v5h1 when my graphics card is upgraded(my current setup is a little underpowered for v5)

xxd09

PS all Orbx available goodies installed during flights ie PNW and TE Washington etc

14 hours ago, DJJose said:

Just for perspective:

XP11

QKQarRw.jpg

Yes, as shown, the buildings look similar in the x-plane version but the colours and water are much uglier.

Everyone, please remember that while I appreciate Kaha’s efforts to show us what this addon looks like, the pics should be disregarded as he didn’t have the new TrueEarth scenery library installed when he took them

I’ll try and get some screencaps up later this evening.

Btw, I own both the P3D and X-plane versions of thus scenery.

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

23 minutes ago, OzWhitey said:

Yes, as shown, the buildings look similar in the x-plane version but the colours and water are much uglier.

Everyone, please remember that while I appreciate Kaha’s efforts to show us what this addon looks like, the pics should be disregarded as he didn’t have the new TrueEarth scenery library installed when he took them

I’ll try and get some screencaps up later this evening.

Btw, I own both the P3D and X-plane versions of thus scenery.

He updated the video.

It does look nice and bright. But the texture morphing is annoying and distracting.

I'll stick with the XP11 version until fs2020 is released.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

1 hour ago, DJJose said:

the texture morphing is annoying and distracting.

No complaints on Orbx's forum about morphing textures around the city.
My guess it that it is TE Washington's photo tiles clashing with Drzewiecki's Seattle.

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

5 minutes ago, F737NG said:

No complaints on Orbx's forum about morphing textures around the city.
My guess it that it is TE Washington's photo tiles clashing with Drzewiecki's Seattle.

Oh. Tks

Here are this evening's shots from Orbx TrueEarth, Flying the Maddog in P3D v5 with ActiveSky for weather.

6pBwS33.jpg?1

6ZEJuHb.jpg

OQnUbYT.jpg

OpyhEWp.jpg

RS1drdi.jpg

DwQsZjY.jpg

Edited by OzWhitey
  • Like 3

Oz

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

That's pretty!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, F737NG said:

Sounds right.

TrueEarth dosn't have so-called "texture morphing" if installed correctly. When people talk about this phenomenon, I think they're describing the switch between two different layers of photoscenery when you've got both installed in the same location. P3D v5 does not (currently) deal with multiple layers very well. Previous versions tended to be better at deciding which one to display.

If you feel the need to have two addons from separate devs in the same location, you'll likely want to remove the photoscenery from one (in this case, DD Seattle). It's usually easy to find the photoscenery .bgl files, as they are the big ones!  

For example, the Orbx photoscenery /bgl files are found in: (your Orbx install location)\TrueEarth US Washington\ORBX\FTX_NA\FTX_NA_!WA_08_CUSTOM\scenery. If I had Orbx TE Washington and DD Seattle installed - which I don't - I'd be removing the photoscenery background for DD seattle, and leaving Orbx TE bgls alone.

In summary, the alleged "texture morphing issue" should only be a problem if you've chosen to install two incompatible addons in the same place. It's not a problem with Orbx TrueEarth, and can be fixed fairly easily if you want to mix-and-match addons.

• Upvote 1

Oz

Actually I deleted DDs City and Airports completely and then reinstalled airports That should be ok, shouldn't it?.

Karl

Texture Morphing: is it what can be seen in the video? (The dark frames appeared when taking a screenshot).

https://vimeo.com/421954490

Karl

21 minutes ago, kaha said:

Texture Morphing: is it what can be seen in the video? (The dark frames appeared when taking a screenshot).

https://vimeo.com/421954490

Karl

Hi Karl,

If you screencap this around 17 seconds in, you can see that there are two different photoscenery layers - it’s not just different resolutions, the colors are different.

P3D is updating the higher resolution one at the edge of a circumference around your plane.

As I said, I’m appreciative of your efforts but the videos posted here are NOT representative of Orbx TE Washington. It does not do this.

I’ll make the point again as people are saying they’ll avoid the addon - or the sim altogether!!! - due to the initial lack of buildings (library not installed) and now texture issues (some other type of photoscenery installed) in your photos and/or video.

For the audience at home: NEITHER OF THESE ISSUES ARE ORBX TRUEEARTH PROBLEMS. TRUEEARTH HAS SEATTLE BUILDINGS AND THE TEXTURES DO NOT FLASH/CHANGE/ETC

My best guess is that DD didn’t fully uninstall and you have a seattle photoscenery .bgl still in there somewhere. There’s a good chance that we’re looking at the DD/other photoscenery there on top, not the Orbx one, and the one you see in the distance is the Orbx layer.

Go somewhere else in Washington well away from Seattle and if i’m right that texture issue should be gone. 

Cheers!

Edited by OzWhitey

Oz

You are right, it's another layer interfering.

I found the issue: I deactivated ORBX NA Pacific Northwest and it now works:

https://vimeo.com/421960615

Karl

Edit: DD Airporst is active.

Edited by kaha