Sign in to follow this  
Kenjiro75

Airliner cabins

I was wondering if passenger cabins of A320 and B747 are as detailed as cockpits and if it is possible to "walk" inside the aircraft or at least "cam-walk" as in XP11? And I also wonder if doors, like external doors, toilet doors, etc. are going to be interactive? What do you think?

• Like 3

Not buying unless the toilets flush. j/k 🤣

On a more serious note, we've all seen operative external doors. I personally don't care about cabins at all, why would I. But to each his own.

• Like 12

57 minutes ago, badderjet said:

Not buying unless the toilets flush. j/k 🤣

On a more serious note, we've all seen operative external doors. I personally don't care about cabins at all, why would I. But to each his own.

Agreed. I personally find cabins a waste of resources and time. There’s a big number that enjoy them though! 

• Like 2

I'm inclined to think most airliners for the new sim will probably have at least a nod to some kind of an interior. The reason I think so is that this new sim is intended to have wide appeal, and so that kind of feature is one which has some benefit if you are trying to go for wide appeal. 

As far as I'm aware, most of the more 'serious simmers' (™), probably take one look at an interior of their brand new add-on airliner and then never do so ever again. So as features go, it's probably wasted on the kind of people who don't fly their simulated airliners without having waited for 45 minutes real time for a Eurocontrol slot to open up whilst GSX refuels their airliner in real time and their virtual dispatcher has a row with the virtual rampies over why there is a virtual pushchair loaded in hold 41 instead of hold 31 so they don't have to print off another load plan. 🤣

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

4 hours ago, Chock said:

As far as I'm aware, most of the more 'serious simmers' (™), probably take one look at an interior of their brand new add-on airliner and then never do so ever again. So as features go, it's probably wasted on the kind of people who don't fly their simulated airliners without having waited for 45 minutes real time for a Eurocontrol slot to open up whilst GSX refuels their airliner in real time and their virtual dispatcher has a row with the virtual rampies over why there is a virtual pushchair loaded in hold 41 instead of hold 31 so they don't have to print off another load plan. 🤣

Weird, why does this sound so familiar, just like every second day at work (before COVID, that is)... 🤣 Well written!

Do you think that they will come out with a Flight Attendant simulator? :laugh: :rolleyes: :tongue: 

huey1177.gif

• Like 2

Not to over use the word in this thread, but PERSONALLY... I can't wait for a Passenger Simulator.  In fact, that's IT!. I'm tired of waiting, and I've allocated resources towards developing one myself.

Now, mind you, you won't be able to visit the flight deck - and why would you?  I mean, it's a "passenger" simulator after all, not a pilot or (another over used term) Flight Simulator.

Not to worry though, we're planning to model plenty of features so you won't mind not being able to visit the flight deck.  Just some of the features are:

1. Start at the cabin door or in your seat,

2. Have to located space for your own carry somewhere in the cabin,

3. Simulation stops and shifts to a pursuit in GTA (sold separately) if you remove your your seat belt or get up from  your seat when the Seat Belt Sign is illuminated.

4. Your choice in cabin crews... Stewards/Stewardess or Flight Attendants.

5. Working window shades

6. Ability to watch movies on very small screens.

7. Order select items from the menu, which will appear so long as you have your seat tray down.

8. Of course, animated seat trays.

9. A working map in the display directly in front of  you

Hoping that Bryan at FS2Crew will step in and provide passengers with attitudes, putting their hair over the heat, and putting their stinky feet everywhere they shouldn't be.

People who enjoy flying long hauls will love this one.

It used to be that people wanted realism based flight decks, handling characteristics, NavData, moving maps, EFBs, shared cockpit, animated ground crew and vehicles.  Guess we filled up all the good wishes, so the cabin is all we have left.

This is (of course) meant as tongue-n-cheek, though I will say that after 40 years in this hobby I will never understand the "I wanna see a cabin thing", and I never will.

Edited by DaveCT2003
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 4

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

I wish you luck! :smile: :wink:

huey1177.gif

Edited by jpc55

Personally, one of the experiences of a flight simulator (for me), is replaying the landing from the passenger cabin. And especially with the amazing graphics, it will look like you're actually flying in a real plane. Plus, it makes for some good scenic YouTube videos.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 2

2 hours ago, DaveCT2003 said:

Not to over use the word in this thread, but PERSONALLY... I can't wait for a Passenger Simulator.  In fact, that's IT!. I'm tired of waiting, and I've allocated resources towards developing one myself.

Now, mind you, you won't be able to visit the flight deck - and why would you?  I mean, it's a "passenger" simulator after all, not a pilot or (another over used term) Flight Simulator.

Not to worry though, we're planning to model plenty of features so you won't mind not being able to visit the flight deck.  Just some of the features are:

3. Simulation stops and shifts to a pursuit in GTA (sold separately) if you remove your your seat belt or get up from  your seat when the Seat Belt Sign is illuminated.

5. Working window shades

7. Order select items from the menu, which will appear so long as you have your seat tray down.

Hoping that Bryan at FS2Crew will step in and provide passengers with attitudes, putting their hair over the heat, and putting their stinky feet everywhere they shouldn't be.

It used to be that people wanted realism based flight decks, handling characteristics, NavData, moving maps, EFBs, shared cockpit, animated ground crew and vehicles.  Guess we filled up all the good wishes, so the cabin is all we have left.

This is (of course) meant as tongue-n-cheek, though I will say that after 40 years in this hobby I will never understand the "I wanna see a cabin thing", and I never will.

Actually. I want that sim!

2 hours ago, DaveCT2003 said:

5. Working window shades

Dont forget that one obnoxious asshat that shoves their McDonnalds laden flabby butt into your face as they side step down the isle to the back of the plane while looking for the two seats they require with the "special seat belt extension" only to find they are actually sitting next to you for the next 8 hours.....

This might have brought up some bad memories....

Edited by GSproson
  • Like 1

Considering the fact that on some close up shots both the A320NEO and 748 clearly have visible passenger cabins from the outside, and that on a recent one we could see the A320's cockpit trough its windshield, as detailed as the interior shots, it means that both cockpit/cabin and external models are merged into a single one, unlike FSX where the interior is a separate one, to improve performance. So this tells me we may have them as detailed as X-plane default 737 and MD-80, or even better.

Edited by A3bilbaNEO
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, GSproson said:

Dont forget that one obnoxious asshat that shoves their McDonnalds laden flabby butt into your face as they side step down the isle to the back of the plane while looking for the two seats they require with the "special seat belt extension" only to find they are actually sitting next to you for the next 8 hours.....

This might have brought up some bad memories....

Ha!  I know you jest,  but that not only happened to me, it happened to me on a 2 x 2 CRJ and the poor lady sat next to me.  I'm not overweight, but I have fairly broad shoulders and I had to sit partically on the wall because she was half-way in my seat.  I want to emphasize that I'm very understanding and I certainly didn't blame her on single bit.  But I did ask to me moved however I was told it was a full flight (and it was), and being on the way to my brother's funeral I elected to keep things as they were.  Mistake.

The lady knew I'd gotten up and spoke to the flight attendent, and when i returned (being very polite if not overly nice to her) she burst into tears like you wouldn't believe.  OMG, the entire flight then surmized that I must have said something insulting to her, and the glares I received even made me uncomfortable... and I'm retired military so usually I'm fine with that sort of attempts at intimidation, but not this time.

What an ordeal that was.

• Like 2

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

What about crying Babys and screaming children? That should be in MFS too.

MaVe Creations - FSLTL - Free AI sounds - Giving your airports more atmosphere!

www.mavecreations.weebly.com

19 hours ago, Kenjiro75 said:

toilet doors, etc. are going to be interactive?

I would wait for the seatbelt sign to be turned off and then go and use the bathroom in my home for real. That's enough interaction with the toilet door for me 😄

11 hours ago, jpc55 said:

Do you think that they will come out with a Flight Attendant simulator?

No need, there's broadband internet sites for that....  ohh, simulator, not stimulator... my apologies.. 😉😉

18 minutes ago, MaVe64 said:

What about crying Babys and screaming children?

That's just the day one release users who realise that some add-ons are required to make sure it's as real as it gets... 😄

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)