Sign in to follow this  
julian46

Linda and Aerosoft Airbuses (64 pro) rotaries

Anyone found hardware with rotary knobs that works with AS Airbus pro 319/320 etc ?

(I have a GoFlight RP48 that works with Maddog and a few others but Linda doesn't work with the Rotary knobs on it - as I think they are not encoders or something)

thanks

FSUIPC provides some GoFlight functions (see LUA Library in FSUIPC documents). I have never tried them.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

LINDA Support/Developer - VATSIM and BAVirtual - Airbus Flyer

i7 1TB SSD GTX980 - FSX/P3D - Aerosoft Airbus A318/A319/A320/A321 - FS2Crew

Thanks Andrew - the buttons work - Ill look at the rotaries again - I dont think they are encoders (but pots of somesort - analog maybe) - VRInsight has some hardware too that does use encoders (and well supported by Linda as you know) (I have the tact and toggle - thinking of their other unit - multi switch panel

If they are analog check out FSUIPC axis. You are correct that LINDA can not handle encoders.

• Like 1

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

The VRi Combo use a unique encoding. Rotating a knob generates a simulated button press of Inc or Dec with a FastInc and FastDec if moved faster. The handling of these is hardwired into LINDA GUI. 

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

No. only the Combo MCPs.

• Like 1

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

Why not try out Pollypot Software's GIT for GoFlight modules? It will be able to handle the RP48's rotary encoders and switches.

You can use GIT to control your GoFlight modules and Linda controlling any Saitek and VRInsight hardware you might have.

4 hours ago, c912039 said:

Why not try out Pollypot Software's GIT for GoFlight modules? It will be able to handle the RP48's rotary encoders and switches.

You can use GIT to control your GoFlight modules and Linda controlling any Saitek and VRInsight hardware you might have.

I have it and use it alot - it works in several aircraft (The rotaries specifically) but not in the AS Pro 64 addons.
(it generally works with any stock P3D planes, MaddogX (I use it for speed, hdg, vsi and alt) - also works well in the 3 popular FlySimWare Jets - doesn't work with FSL 320 or AS 320 - works with old PMDG 737 but not the new ngxu - I am running the latest build from a few months ago. Also works with many popular shareware addons (that use the built in P3D gauge/panel sdks - like the Riikoo Falcon, Cessna biz jets etc)

Edited by julian46

That will be the same reason LINDA FSX Default functions don’t work with more sophisticated aircraft  They do not comply with the default interface and rely on Lvars and other techniques to work. 

Are you able to check what output the Pollypot generates? Does in produce a intermediate output that could be accessed by LUA. 

Edited by ScotFlieger
  • Like 1

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

2 hours ago, ScotFlieger said:

That will be the same reason LINDA FSX Default functions don’t work with more sophisticated aircraft  They do not comply with the default interface and rely on Lvars and other techniques to work. 

Are you able to check what output the Pollypot generates? Does in produce a intermediate output that could be accessed by LUA. 

I will do some research - it has a detective tool that could help:

https://www.pollypotsoftware.org.uk/support/user-guide/user-guide-git/14-detective/31-using-detective.html

I can assist with GIT and AS PRO Airbus series, and even help out with some custom GIT event coding if required.

Which rotaries in the Airbus would you like to start working on?

Edited by c912039

40 minutes ago, c912039 said:

I can assist with GIT and AS PRO Airbus series, and even help out with some custom GIT event coding if required.

Which rotaries in the Airbus would you like to start working on?

thanks for the kind offer !

The RP48 is the module I have

To start - the Aerosoft A319 Pro 64 - this is how I have them set in the MaddogX and find it useful

(Rotary switch)
1 - SPD/IAS (when flying in selected speed mode instead of managed)

2 - HDG (in manual / hdg selected mode)

3 - VSI (rate of climb or descent)

4 - ALT (target altitude)

That's about it really - as you said Linda works with mapping the 8 buttons below the rotaries on this module fine - (I have a VRInsight Tact and Toggle and a CH Products Throttle - but have those set up and working well between Linda and FSUIPC)

Edited by julian46