Sign in to follow this  
likes2fly

license transfer and virus

I need to talk about realityxp. You need this for realsimgear which are awesome by the way.I can't say enough good things about realsimgear but realityxp works great once you jump through all the hoops in order to get it to download and install. They have complicated install software. If you have to reinstall I think three times then its deactivate and you have to sign up with your F1 account. that is a mess buy itself. I reinstalled xplane several times trying to fix a problem with xplane and that's why I ran out of installs. I finally reactivated them but it was not easy and took several try's. No email and no one to talk to period. [...] If you guys have any advice on getting it to work on a different computer without taking a week of trial and error please let me know. Windows will not let me download because it has a virus (trojan:win32/azden.b!cl) does not give me the option to bypass and download which I shouldn't anyway. I would post screen captures but not so easy on here. 

Edited by RXP

Hi,

It is unfortunate you've had a bad experience reinstalling our products.

The e-commerce solution we're using might not be as easy to use as you'd expect but it remains one of the most regarded in this business to date.

You might have wanted saving time in reading the answers to your previous messages in this forum:

Please note: there is no email support and this is a good thing.

First, you get the chance to use the forum 'search' feature to find most likely a solution to most problems you might seek solutions for. There are more than 18000 messages in the RXP forums and I can assure you at this time, 99% of the questions have been already answered.

Second, all prospective customers can also use the search feature in the forum to find information. We've nothing to hide unlike other companies requiring you to purchase first prior discovering whether the support forum is full of praise or problem.

As for the virus question, like I've written above, it is already answered in the forum:

Just make sure to add proper exclusions to the 'rxp' files in your anti-virus program(s)

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

That's bs on searching 1800 messages instead of customer support. Its cheaper and keeps the price of the software down but not better and yes that's great for the customer but at a price if your software is not user friendly. I hated using your install software the first time, it is not user friendly. So now I paid the full price $50 for the 750 and the 650 because I cannot figure out how to transfer my old software, discounts did not work. I finally got it installed . Problem now is I get a black screen and the knobs do not work. I did turn on the use simulator GPS commands. I understand there probably a workaround on the virus but I just didn't trust the software to do that. I guess I will spend the next few days searching here and hope I find a solution.

Edited by RXP

2 hours ago, likes2fly said:

That's bs on searching 1800 messages instead of customer support.

I agree with you, but with 18000 it is already much better, and this is also a form of customer support (in addition to the capability to discuss as we're doing right now). By the way, please, don't cross post. It will do the reverse of what you're expecting both in delays and consideration.

Now, you don't need to purchase the software more than once, and again, please, review the discussion were you've posted similar question already in the past, and for which you've been given solutions.

Honestly reinstalling is a piece of cake: run our e-commerce installer, enter your F1 account credentials, click the "REINSTALL" button. Nothing more complicated than this and nothing else to try to do than just what is instructed.

For any other F1 account related questions (activations, lost passwords etc...) there is 24/7 portal helping just fine.

This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

I downloaded the trainer from an older post. I let it install and nothing else. Should move it to xplane or somewhere else as of now I still have a blank screen

@likes2fly this is the last warning: don't cross post.

I'll get back to this topic later.

Edited by RXP

Started last night and continued all morning trying to jump thru all the hoops

Trying to install on new flight machine win 10 Pro.

When it gets to installing the trainer section it ends up with error 404. I can not get past this in the reinstall from the wrapper.

Yes read and reread and searched for answers on Reality site and every where else.

Can someone explain how I can get past this please ?

Trevor Golding

@trevg  Please make sure to use the latest e-commerce installer with the latest RXP software which is compatible therefore with the latest Garmin trainer download link (a search for 404 on this forum should have already answered this...)