Sign in to follow this  
David Roch

I have finally uninstalled P3D4.5 !!!!......... and........

....... reinstalled it!!
😁

Yes, I am dumb!
I was so pleased with P3D5 that I decided to uninstall the v4.5 as soon as ActiveSky and the Maddog were updated for the new LM version.
Total uninstall, all addons wiped, registry cleaned one code by one, and 1.5Tb free.
Did I really need it? Not at all, I have plenty of room on my SSDs.
But what a super feeling!!
My PC was breathing and my new P3D5 was the new king in town!!
Average: 4 hours work.

But....between the various CTDs, the BSODs, the GPU hangs and the kernell thingies, I am not able to fly more than 1 hour or 2.
And every time I launch the sim after a crash or a simple test I have to wait 15 minutes until the sim loads.
And nothing more frustrating than spending one hour preparing a flight, preparing the plane, calling for pushback... and crashing to desktop.
So... I have just reinstalled P3D4.5.
Average: 12 hours work if I want all my addons back.
For now, I have just reinstalled the ORBX stuff and my beloved FSLabs series.
What a super plane!

And what a dumb I am!
😄

Edited by David Roch
  • Like 4
  • Upvote 2

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 FTW3 ULTRA GAMING //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

Don't feel dumb David, most of us have been there. That having said V5 is running smooth here besides some bugs which aren't show stoppers here local...

But then again I don't have the Maddog 32 bit was for me the last version 😉

Edited by awf
  • Like 1

André

27 minutes ago, David Roch said:

And nothing more frustrating than spending one hour preparing a flight, preparing the plane, calling for pushback... and crashing to desktop.

Agreed, v4.5 was so reliable for me in that respect, it is difficult to leave that behind.  Currently have both 4.5 and 5 active, but not entirely happy about the extra expenses.

Remember that bad old days of FSX, before the virtual address space limitation was fully understood, when FSX would just vanish to the desktop as your were approaching your destination after a long flight that you had meticulously set up?  The empty feeling of never wanting to touch FSX again?  v4.5 was the opposite of that in every way.  As someone else said on the forum recently, when v4.5 stuttered a bit on final approach, you knew it was going to pull through and not let you down.

1 hour ago, David Roch said:

I am not able to fly more than 1 hour or 2.

Same here. A few minutes after reaching TOC I keep getting BSOD's, no matter how many times I restart that flight.

Edited by threegreen

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

Luckily my desire to keep flying the FSLabs Airbus has kept me from making that decision 🙂

v5 has a ways to go before I put all of my P3D eggs in its basket.

• Like 2

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

When I'm drawn to P3Dv5, I just fly in Alpha MFS2020 and calm down 😄

EVGA 2080 Ti  FTW3 Hybrid , 8700K, 2Tb 970 EVO Plus, 48 Гб HyperX

MSFS 2020 Tech Alpha Insider

38 minutes ago, BMW969 said:

When I'm drawn to P3Dv5, I just fly in Alpha MFS2020 and calm down 😄

+10 on the Smug scale. 🙂

• Like 5

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

Actually it's V5 I'm tempted to uninstall. It's just that I know as soon as I do I'll read some one's post about how great it is and spend hours reinstalling it. I'm sorry but with all respect for those who differ I just don't see much difference for the better. In 4.5 I can use HD clouds with ENVTEX and run my scenery graphics up to pleasing levels. I just flew the Maddog from KATL to KMSY in V5 successfully but with lower setting and HDR lighting off.  Doesn't look near as good as what I can do in V4.5. In V5HF1 I dare not play with the lighting.  I'm defiantly not going to spring several hundred dollars for an updated graphics card just to run another version of P3D. 

• Like 1

Vic green

2 hours ago, threegreen said:

Same here. A few minutes after reaching TOC I keep getting BSOD's, no matter how many times I restart that flight.

Can you describe the circumstances a bit? I am yet to get any BSOD's or CTD's out of v5.

I am still waiting for FSLabs, but I have the PMDG747 and Majestic in there. None have managed to crash it yet. The flights were just on AP, nothing grand. I have ORBX Global titles.

What I'd also be interested in if you have observed what the VRAM is showing prior to crash?

• Like 1

Welcome back to the real world, brother 😉

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Was this a case of premature uninstallation?  😄

I haven't even purchased V5 yet.  My hat is off to the early adopter pioneers that take the plunge and experience the joys of having the newest version right away.  

dv

Win 10 Pro || i7-8700K ||  32GB || ASUS Z370-P MB || NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11Gb || 2 960 PRO 1TB, 840 EVO

My Files in the AVSIM Library

15 minutes ago, SAX702 said:

Was this a case of premature uninstallation?  😄

I haven't even purchased V5 yet.  My hat is off to the early adopter pioneers that take the plunge and experience the joys of having the newest version right away.  

Same here, haven’t purchased V5, I wanted too and was planning on but it seems that it needs to mature a little before I take the plunge, but it will be dependant on the timeline that it gets to the stable level.

Intel I7 12700KF / 32 GB Ram-3600mhz / Windows 11 - 64 bit / NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060TI / 32" Acer Monitor, Honeycomb alpha/bravo, CH rudder pedals, Tobii 5, Buttkicker, Logitech radio panel. 

You don't need to feel that. We have been all struggling with v5. I am also annoyed by  those CTDs.. I lowered down the resolution till the point v5 looked uglier than my 4.5 and yet boom a CTD, although I do no tweaks, no v4 sceneries, only official v5 installers for addones. I just spent the whole day, trying to replicate a one CTD but no hope. Sometimes they are random (no idea why). 

Bottom line is, I am parking v5 at the moment and keep my 4.5 and XP11.5. I think it will get better with 5.1 or 5.2. Although really, I would have loved to see LM to have it as public beta first instead of rushing it off out of the door. 

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D, 64GB DDR5 6000MHZ RAM, RTX 2080Super 

6 minutes ago, flyinpilot212121 said:

Same here, haven’t purchased V5, I wanted too and was planning on but it seems that it needs to mature a little before I take the plunge, but it will be dependant on the timeline that it gets to the stable level.

Honestly, don't or you will hit yourself into a wall lol. When I first instead v5, it welcomed me with a CTD lol. I think by 5.1 or 5.2 it will be better. Maybe even the second coming hotfix could help but I don't see if it will help that much. I think they may need some time to stabilize it 

Edited by omarsmak30
  • Like 1

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D, 64GB DDR5 6000MHZ RAM, RTX 2080Super