Sign in to follow this  
Guest EdrickV

Anyone find any of the 175 Easter Eggs Yet?

Just read there are 175 Easter Eggs in FSX. Maybe someone can start compiling a list?Joe C

There is 175 rewards, dont know how many eastereggs they put in.

Guest christianholmes

Probably the usual stuff- Find ACES headquarters and maybe you'll see the guys waving out the window or something.

Don't know if this or not but in the Oshkosk mission you can see some old "friends." The old liveries for orbit and uuhhh, world travel I think are static models at the end of the runway....

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Guest Challenger604

When I was doing the first piper cub mission a Beaver came in low to the ground and crashed right next to the boats then just sat there with it's engine at full power unable to take off.... That was very weird but maybe not an easter egg.

Guest bigun

I found one. If you check "Bloom" in the options, your frame rates go to ####:-lol Just kidding guys but I couldn't resist. So far I'm really enjoying FSX.

175 rewards total. I won't tell how many easter eggs just yet, but there are many.

"easter eggs" = the term in the gaming world used to describe hidden (or sometimes not hidden...) things in the gameExample = in FS98 or FS2000, if you went to Minamii Torishima (a tiny remote island in the North Pacific) you would see a poor skeletal guy sitting there next to a single palm tree, if I remember correctly. The "desert island" Robinson Crusoe, if you will...P-12C may not remember that one, but I do.RhettAMD 3700+ (@2.5 ghz), eVGA 7800GT 256 (94.47), ASUS A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2 GB Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8, WD 250 gig 7200 rpm SATA2, CoolerMaster Praetorian

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

>I found one. If you check "Bloom" in the options, your frame>rates go to ####:-lol >>Just kidding guys but I couldn't resist. So far I'm really>enjoying FSX.This one chuckled me. He ha.

Guest EdrickV

FYI, Other software (like XP) and DVD videos often have Easter Eggs too. :) Here's an interesting site with info about all sorts of Easter Eggs:http://www.eeggs.com"Let me help you out. You're cleared to taxi any way you can to any runway you see."

Guest Ozark Dogfighter

Well I recently took some people to Groom Lake and saw...nothing. Absolutely nothing. I don't have the slightest idea what you're talkign about. I have to go.-Jeremy Burchhttp://home.earthlink.net/~dawgfighter/sit...es/swvasig1.gifSWVA4806 http://www.virtualswa.com/home.phpThe Ozark Dogfighter http://forums.avsim.net/images/wedge.gifCurrent system:Pentium 4 Cedar Mill 641 (3.40GHz), Abit AW8D, Gigabyte GeForce 7900GTX (512MB DDR3 PCI-Express x16),Corsair XMS2 Pro 2GB PC2 6400 (DDR2 800), 2 SeaGate Barracuda 250GB hard drives, Sound Blaster X-Fi PlatinumKlipsch ProMedia Ultra 5.1 speakers, NEC 20" CRT, Microsoft SideWinder Force Feedback 2Please note: System specs are for reference in tech forums only and are not to be taken as meaning anything else.Doing so will result in eye-rolling, possible teeth grinding and perhaps mild internal chuckling.Happy Flying!

Guest apwright

Well, there's two Palmyra Atolls in the Pacific. The old FS9 one and, about 22nm further east, the new FSX one with airstrip (PLPA) in the correct location at last.Do I win five pounds?

Guest SilverCircle

Anyone remembers the "mini flightsim" in an older version of MS Excel? That was some more advanced easter egg. I always wondered if that was in some way related to the flightsim team :)

There is an aircraft carrier parked at the pier at the Norfolk Naval station. Take off from KNGU and fly west you will see it just off the end of the runway. It has F-18's and SH-60's sitting on the deck.

________________________________________________________________________________

i9 10800K | 16GB RAM | RTX 3080 | Windows 10 | 

Saitek x-45 | Bravo Throttle | Alpha Yoke | CH Pedals | Logitech Radio Panel | SmoothTrack | AAO