Sign in to follow this  
flyinpilot212121

The “like” feature

Any thoughts on changing the “like” feature symbol...The heart thing is really odd, be nice to change from the heart to something else like a thumbs up or something 😃

• Like 2

Intel I7 12700KF / 32 GB Ram-3600mhz / Windows 11 - 64 bit / NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060TI / 32" Acer Monitor, Honeycomb alpha/bravo, CH rudder pedals, Tobii 5, Buttkicker, Logitech radio panel. 

I think that subject was discussed a while ago and would involve a major change to the site software.  Just wish I could get the emoticons working!

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

13 hours ago, flyinpilot212121 said:

Any thoughts on changing the “like” feature symbol...The heart thing is really odd, be nice to change from the heart to something else like a thumbs up or something 😃

you know there is an up arrow "upvote" as well?

Edited by yurei
  • Upvote 2

45 minutes ago, charliearon said:

Just wish I could get the emoticons working!

Ah! Emoticons. Just what is wrong with one set of traditional smilies? i.e. ...Gosh darn it, they've disappeared too! You know the ones I mean, they come as standard with forums

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

18 minutes ago, Ron Attwood said:

Ah! Emoticons. Just what is wrong with one set of traditional smilies? i.e. ...Gosh darn it, they've disappeared too! You know the ones I mean, they come as standard with forums

:-)

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

When Facebook first began taking the the Internet by storm, I felt the word "like" was for someone say, 12 years old or younger. 

But in today's social media culture, I suppose it's quite appropriate...

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Ron Attwood said:

I gave you a 'Like' thumbsup2.gif

My eyesight ain't what it use to be!  What finger is that little bugger holding up??  I know, I know!  It's not a finger, it's a  thumb!  Don't get caught doing tyhat In Italy!

• Like 1

Charlie Aron

2 hours ago, charliearon said:

Don't get caught doing tyhat In Italy!

Why's that?

5 minutes ago, Rafal said:

Why's that?

Because it doesn'T mean the same thing!  It is saying "stick this thumb where the sun does not shine!".

Charlie Aron

12 minutes ago, charliearon said:

It is saying "stick this thumb where the sun does not shine!".

You learn something every day.
I've been in Italy many times and never noticed or heard about it.

On 5/23/2020 at 9:53 PM, overspeed3 said:

When Facebook first began taking the the Internet by storm, I felt the word "like" was for someone say, 12 years old or younger. 

But in today's social media culture, I suppose it's quite appropriate...

Yeah, well, that's just, like, your opinion, man. 

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

On 5/23/2020 at 9:11 AM, yurei said:

you know there is an up arrow "upvote" as well?

Right you are. However, I never got when I should use the heart instead of the upvote. I think a single option would be more meaningful. 

Peter 

• Upvote 1

On 5/23/2020 at 8:58 PM, charliearon said:

Because it doesn'T mean the same thing!  It is saying "stick this thumb where the sun does not shine!".

That's not true at all, sorry 😛 

Chock 1.1: "The only thing that whines louder than a jet engine is a flight simmer."