Sign in to follow this  
vcaptain747

Suggestion: Remove parked a/c from a gate ahead of arrival

Hello,

Thanks again for the great work!

I have a small feature request  since PSXT allows us to choose our arrival airport already , would it be possible to add an arrival gate field in the UI to prevent PSXT from parking an aircraft there. in 99% of the cases, we know our arrival gate even before takeoff, so that feature will ensure that we don't come "crashing" into an aircraft parked in our gate after an 8 hours flight 😃  .

I used to edit the parked xml file  each time to remove a specific gate, but it is easy to loose track of what gate was removed each time, and all learning is suppressed once i roll back to the original file.

Thank you !

Amine. 

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, vcaptain747 said:

will ensure that we don't come "crashing" into an aircraft parked in our gate after an 8 hours flight

The parked or real live aircraft at that gate will disappear automatically just before you touch it with your aircraft if Collision avoid. ground: User X (Live or Parked) is checked.

Edited by kiek

Thanks. I'm aware of the collision avoid feature.

For the sake of added realism, I was suggesting to activate it before we actually arrive to a designated gate to avoid tossing other aircrafts. If we let PSXT know our arrival gate, it will just refrain from parking an aircraft in it , so that when we arrive, the gate will be available.

Cheers,

Amine. 

The problem with your proposal is that gate numbers in the AFCAD file are not always the same as the ones in real live. This may lead to confusion between PSXT and the user.

Wanted functionality is available in version 18.0.