Sign in to follow this  
cepact

What does PMDG have to do with the 747

2 hours ago, Wobbie said:

I am sitting, very relaxed, just watching how 'at least 2 people' have started a great debate going here, guys asking how much MS paid PMDG & other important stuff. 

All we have to go on is a plaque that has that text in the default aircraft - what else do you expect us to do other than speculate? 

🤐

• Like 4

Former MSFS Alpha Tester, current member of the MSFS Stream Team.

6 minutes ago, simtom said:

🤐

The alternative when asked questions:

Edited by trainplane3

3 minutes ago, trainplane3 said:

The alternative when asked questions:

Yep!

Former MSFS Alpha Tester, current member of the MSFS Stream Team.

21 minutes ago, simtom said:

🤐

So I guess this confirms that this plaque really exists and MS bought the models from PMDG.

I really don't think this is a big deal, but yes the plaque is there. At this point we really don't know how much involved pmdg is.

Cheers 🥂 

Toothbrush & toothpaste to remove the plaque?

David, boredom strikes here! This is what happens when gamers have nothing better to do than to believe 'at least 2' comfirmations!

BUT, wait....

Did you read what the plaque said?? 

"THIS AIRFRAME IS SUBJECT TO A
FLIGHT EQUIPMENT PLEDGE:
"LEASED FROM PRECISION MANUALS
DEVELOPMENT GROUP., AS
OWNER TRUSTEE, LESSOR."

So, that 'airframe' belongs to a TRUST & is leased out??? ---- to a game   sim?

I love it, clickbait. 2 pages of posts, debating the issue & wondering how much MS paid PMDG? Maybe they are leasing or renting the airframe from a newly trust?

Sounds like a pile of ??

I gotta admit that, because of lock-down, I'm pretty bored, & seeing that the guys are leaving the door open for answers, I HAVE to reply...

(I'm still chuckling... at least 2 confirms on reddit ---- the oracle has spoken!) 

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...
To the Stars, & Beyond... 

@Wobbie it has been confirmed by people on this forum if you read the posts

9 hours ago, devgrp said:

I really don't think this is a big deal, but yes the plaque is there. At this point we really don't know how much involved pmdg is.

Cheers 🥂 

14 hours ago, simtom said:

🤐

I'm curious why this plaque angers you that much, but sadly for you it is real.

Edited by cepact

Because it's so funny & irrelevant for a game, & how this community actually cares about this kinda stuff. 

Microsoft/Asobo leasing an external model  from a trust? Guys.. really.. It's actually not a big deal, & we are concerned on how much PMDG is involved? Why?

If they are involved, so be it, How much, who cares. 

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...

59 minutes ago, Wobbie said:

Because it's so funny & irrelevant for a game, & how this community actually cares about this kinda stuff. 

Microsoft/Asobo leasing an external model  from a trust? Guys.. really.. It's actually not a big deal, & we are concerned on how much PMDG is involved? Why?

If they are involved, so be it, How much, who cares. 

The fact is you mocked me because I reported a claim that I saw on reddit. You laughed telling me it's not possible and that I shouldn't believe what I read on the internet.

And at the end I was right and you were wrong and now you're still laughing because "who cares", well you did care enough to tell me it's a pile of s. and cannot be possible.

I consider it is big news that a third party is contributing to the game

Edited by cepact

But it's nothing new that Asobo has many 3rd party developers working with them. That's common knowledge, should be, as it has been mentioned so many times , also on www.flightsimulator.com.

But, if you were not aware of that, maybe it is big news for you. Well done for sharing with us.

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...

Sounds like a great little Easter Egg to me.

Not enough little hidden nods in games anymore. Used to love finding them in the early internet era when you couldn't find the answers online.

• Like 1

Currently circumnavigating the world in a mix of Cessna and Piper aircraft. 

My Default Setup; MSFS, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster Hotas X, TrackIR, Samsung Galaxy Tab, JustFlight Piper Arrow. Simworks Quest Kodiak 100. 

Wishlist; Honeycomb Bravo, Honeycomb Charlie.

1:400 Airline Model Collector.

1 hour ago, Wobbie said:

This community spent 2 months arguing about trees so yeah this news will get discussed for sure.

But I agree it’s certainly thread worthy having one of the most reputable third party developers involved in the base sim. Makes me wonder how PMDG will market their 747 for the sim when that eventually gets announced, would the option be to just purchase a more in-depth version of the default? I wonder if that will be cheaper than what we’d normally expect to pay given that the modelling is in the sim for free.

• Upvote 1