Sign in to follow this  
Design Planet Earth

Cities skyline meet MFS 2020

Mission can be integrated into the world if there are simulated people wanting to go too different destinations. Pilots will need to create routes for these people travelling to and fro these places. 

This is a flight simulator not a game! 

Well Truck simulator has this in their game in delivering goods and having this increase the simulation as Pilots will always have interesting objectives to do then just fly to point A and B! They can build reputation be known as a pilot that meet the needs of people who like to go on holiday or even rescue missions from disasters that can occur whether natural or man made. It keeps the game exciting over many years as that is what Microsoft wants and not just let it fall back as just a training program. Cause they will make more profit if gamers join in the fun as well as real pilots having as said objective to do every day. They will create organization for those want to join and its an on going management so why won't you want that in the simulator? 

I think many of you all are so far behind just look at Cities skyline and see what the game can become on the management side. 

This is on buses one of the many transportation system used in the game that simulate their residents. 

Basic explanation of the transport system in the game

And this one is more on transporting resources to and from places so having this in the game will make more players play as pilots transporting goods like parcel and everything else that the city requires.  If pilots fail to do this then the city will complain about it! 🙂 This is more on trains and land transportation but can be applied to plans to in MFS. 🙂 So please get this going in the game! 

Edited by Design Planet Earth
More videos

You are wrong, MSFS should be a FLIGHT SIMULATOR, not a building strategy game, sorry 😉

Edited by ludekbrno
  • Like 6
  • Upvote 3

Also programs such as Air Hauler 2 have this aspect pretty much covered insofar as you can fly with a purpose and a career rather than just a to b..

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

I just don't see the appeal.

I see the point in something like Truck Simulator because of the high levels of customisation and the items/skills/places that it unlocks.

I see the point in Gran Turismo or Forza of starting out with a 20k road car doing three laps and ending up in a 1.1m race car doing a 2 hour race.

I get it in Cities:Skylines. Growing a successful city and unlocking appropriate services and buildings for said city.

But I don't get it for Flight Simulator at all. It's on a different level and scale to the other games mentioned. I can't imagine that people from Italy who like to fly airliners are going to want to start on a training strip somewhere in America on a Cessna 150 and work their way up till they can finally buy a 747 and fly to their home airport. That's simply not what these people are in it for.

There has been a good amount of free online services supporting the idea of doing virtual operations and plenty of third party stuff made in the past to support this idea. I would be put off if your idea was featured in the default MSFS2020 release. 

• Upvote 2

Currently circumnavigating the world in a mix of Cessna and Piper aircraft. 

My Default Setup; MSFS, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster Hotas X, TrackIR, Samsung Galaxy Tab, JustFlight Piper Arrow. Simworks Quest Kodiak 100. 

Wishlist; Honeycomb Bravo, Honeycomb Charlie.

1:400 Airline Model Collector.

52 minutes ago, wainwj said:

But I don't get it for Flight Simulator at all. It's on a different level and scale to the other games mentioned. I can't imagine that people from Italy who like to fly airliners are going to want to start on a training strip somewhere in America on a Cessna 150 and work their way up till they can finally buy a 747 and fly to their home airport. That's simply not what these people are in it for.

There has been a good amount of free online services supporting the idea of doing virtual operations and plenty of third party stuff made in the past to support this idea. I would be put off if your idea was featured in the default MSFS2020 release. 

Well yes and no. I don't think buying a 747 is relevant here as a scenario but a "pilot career" mode as you described (minus buying a jumbo) where you upgrade or make your way through different possible scenarios and try to make it through a specific flying career of your choice (airline, bush, helicopter for rescue etc) would be a great idea in a flight simulator as it's something that would give it a new dimension for many people.

I see it very valuable to introduce MSFS to those who think flight sim is boring... XBox users could be interested by this side of MSFS...

I think for example about the soccer/football games with career modes. These modes add a very nice dimension to the game while leaving the straight forward matches and competitions for those who want to live instant actions...

Scenery for Flight Simulators since 1998

5 hours ago, Design Planet Earth said:

And this one is more on transporting resources to and from places so having this in the game will make more players play as pilots transporting goods like parcel and everything else that the city requires.  If pilots fail to do this then the city will complain about it! 🙂 This is more on trains and land transportation but can be applied to plans to in MFS. 🙂 So please get this going in the game! 

Ugh, no. Just NO! This isn't what I turn on my simulator for. This isn't how I use it at all. I don't want my simulator making demands of me in the form of what I fly, where I fly, when and why and then causing problems if I don't do what IT wants. Your ideas are quite literally the opposite of what I love about flight simming. Both in this thread and the other one I saw you created. Flight sim provides me with a freedom nothing else does. Your proposals remove that if they are baked in as part of the simulator.

This sort of thing should be an add on for those that want it. I could imagine it keeping the xbox version alive longer for those who view this thing as a game but this kind of gamey nonsense shouldn't be forced on us and I hope for damned sure the developers know that. I believe they do.

As far as I'm concerned, Flight Simulator is a way of learning and flying aircraft I simply will never get to fly in real life. It's about learning and getting the satisfaction from learning. It's about exploring a virtual world in ANY way I see fit and it's the freedom to do what I want and do it MY WAY.

It's absolutely a no from me as something baked into the sim but as a choice, as an addon I can see the appeal.

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1

5800X3D - Strix X570-E - 32GB 3600Mhz DDR4 - ASUS TUF 6900XT- Samsung 980 Pro x2                                                     

Erm... it's a product from a gaming studio, marketed through a gaming outlet. Putting lipstick onto it does not change it, but, call it what you will.

& no... as an add-on, for those that want it, and also remember that MSFS will also be marketed to the millions via Xbox game consoles as well!

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...
To the Stars, & Beyond... 

Without a career mode or other gaming elements the average gamer will use the simulator for a few days, then it will be deleted and they will never look back. Gamers dont care about cold and dark cockpits, and spending 45 minutes just to get to the runway and fly from a to b.

It's called grinding, and it's a major aspect of gaming. You start at the bottom and work your way to the top.

That said, most simmers don't sim to grind. I'll give it to you that most (all?) virtual airlines force you to grind your way to the big leagues, and that reward system entices many to stick around longer than they would have, but as many have said here: Objectives should be optional. And I'm willing to bet my lifes savings that they will be.

Take-offs are optional, landings are mandatory.
The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire.
To make a small fortune in aviation you must start with a large fortune.

There's nothing less important than the runway behind you and the altitude above you.
It's better to be on the ground wishing you were in the air, than in the air wishing you were on the ground.

4 minutes ago, OHN767 said:

Without a career mode or other gaming elements the average gamer will use the simulator for a few days, then it will be deleted and they will never look back. Gamers dont care about cold and dark cockpits, and spending 45 minutes just to get to the runway and fly from a to b.

Exactly, and they have many games to choose from so let them. This here is Flight Simulator. I see no point in attracting and keeping gamers if it means the product morphs into something else.

5800X3D - Strix X570-E - 32GB 3600Mhz DDR4 - ASUS TUF 6900XT- Samsung 980 Pro x2                                                     

Do not judge the gamers. I'm sure, that without the Xbox guys, in their millions, MS would in all probability, not get involved in another sim..

We, the avid simmers, belong to a very niche' market, compared to the gaming market. So, the game, without the right add-ons, just like P3D, X-Plane, FSX, etc, will never morth into anything else. The core remains the same.

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...

1 minute ago, Wobbie said:

Do not judge the gamers. I'm sure, that without the Xbox guys, in their millions, MS would in all probability, not get involved in another sim..

We, the avid simmers, belong to a very niche' market, compared to the gaming market. So, the game, without the right add-ons, just like P3D, X-Plane, FSX, etc, will never morth into anything else. The core remains the same.

I'm not. I'm a gamer and I have an Xbox and I play games. I don't just sim. But Flight Simulator is pretty unique to me. I want to keep it that way or it loses all it's value as far as I'm concerned. The improvements I'm seeing are a dream come true so I don't want to see my favourite pastime morph into something dreadful.

• Like 1

I appreciate that, to each their own. Food for thought... do not judge fellow simmers/gamers just because they do not fly the so-called 'study level' aircraft.

A very highly respected developer, now passed on, said that simming is all about Fun, Facts & Fiction. So, those who do not follow the rules in simming, are not lessor simmers at all. Remember, our beloved hobby stems from Gaming Studios!

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...

27 minutes ago, Wobbie said:

Food for thought... do not judge fellow simmers/gamers just because they do not fly the so-called 'study level' aircraft.

Who is doing that?

27 minutes ago, Wobbie said:

A very highly respected developer, now passed on, said that simming is all about Fun, Facts & Fiction. So, those who do not follow the rules in simming, are not lessor simmers at all.

That is entirely my point. No rules and complete freedom. That is what I have been saying. The thread suggestion if implemented as a fundamental is the complete opposite which is why I oppose it unless it is an add-on one can choose.

7 hours ago, Design Planet Earth said:

And this one is more on transporting resources to and from places so having this in the game will make more players play as pilots transporting goods like parcel and everything else that the city requires.

I don't want to be MADE to do what this guy wants. If he chooses to fly that way then let it be an add-on. Then everyone can be happy.

Edited by Jazz
  • Like 2

100% behind that!!

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...