Sign in to follow this  
LTCSZ

Left Drift Problem

Using V4.5...I have tried everything I know to stop my aircraft (any prop plane) from a slow bank to the left. Torque and P Factor are at lowest setting, calibrated many times.I understand about the high torque during climb, but this happens constantly even during cruise. Nothing is working! I would sure appreciate any suggestions! Thanks!

Steve

7 Miles NW of KGCK

Aileron trim?

• Upvote 1

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Make sure your loads are laterally balanced.  If you have a 170 pound pilot, you need a 170 pound right seat passenger as well.  Also, make sure the fuel is the same in right and left tanks.

Hook

• Like 1

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;

21 minutes ago, LHookins said:

Make sure your loads are laterally balanced.  If you have a 170 pound pilot, you need a 170 pound right seat passenger as well.  Also, make sure the fuel is the same in right and left tanks.

Hook

Very true. And flying off the right tank the whole time will do it, too. When I fly single engine GA, I make sure I start on the left tank. 

• Like 1

I first discovered this problem in the stock Grumman Goose.  With a 220 pound pilot (if I remember right) I was getting constant left drift.  For a while I burned fuel from the left tank until it was balanced, later I set the rudder trim.  Now days I adjust the lateral load distances in the aircraft.cfg file to make the imbalance a little less exaggerated. 

Hook

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;