Sign in to follow this  
AKflightsimmer

Honeycomb Yoke and Joystick Throttle together?

Hello All, I'm in sort of a quandary here and hoped that some of you can shed some light on my question from your experiences to help in my decision to purchase the Honeycomb flight Yoke right now.

I have been using the Logitech Extreme 3D Pro joystick for X-plane for the past couple of years, and it has been great, and perfectly acceptable for a get started into the flight sim experience, but have decided to now upgrade my flight controls to a more realistic setup here in the office. I will still use the Logitech for travel in our motorhome with a gaming laptop and external display whenever we do hit the road again sometime later this year we hope 😟.   After all the research about flight Yokes for the past few months I have decided on the Honeycomb for the yoke over everything else available, but since it doesn't have any way to control throttle built in as the CH products do, or the add on throttle quadrant for the Logitech pro yoke system, I was wondering if any of you know whether it is possible to have both the new Honeycomb yoke and the 3D pro joystick connected to X-plane at the same time just for now, using the new Honeycomb for the flight yoke, and then using the throttle lever on the Logitech 3D pro joystick just for throttle control without touching the actual joystick for anything else. The reason I'm asking is because I see that Honeycomb will be coming out with their new Bravo throttle quadrant later this year and it looks like everything I would want for all my future aircraft. I'm flying single engine, dual engine and turbo props right now and for the fore seeable future. My interest is bush flying in Alaska, BC, and now really enjoying PNG. If this can work, I would go ahead and purchase the Honeycomb yoke and pair it with the 3D pro for the next few months, and then this fall get the Honeycomb Bravo throttle when it's finally released. But if this won’t work and they can not be plugged into X-plane at the same time do to flight control conflicts, then I will just wait and get both later on. I really would like to start using a flight yoke now instead of the joy stick. I know that I could pickup something like the CH throttle quadrant to go with the new Honeycomb Yoke but would rather not do that if I'm going to then buy the new Honeycomb Bravo later this year too. Just retired and trying to save a little money here.  Thanks for any input or help making my decision.  Happy flying All!!  

Oh, and I have to decide on which rudder pedals to include also. Oh Boy 🤔

You can mix and match controllers like this with no problem. You just need to ensure you only have one device mapped to each analogue axis.

MarkH

gGzCVFp.jpg
Core i7-7700K / 32Gb DDR4 / Gigabyte GTX1070 / 1080p x 3 x weird / Win7 64 Pro

13 hours ago, MarkDH said:

You can mix and match controllers like this with no problem. You just need to ensure you only have one device mapped to each analogue axis.

Nah. I have multiple devices mapped to a single analogue axis, and all is good. And example is having PFC yoke and a joystick, both control ailerons and elevators in the same aircraft. Same for throttles, have PFC quadrant with 2 addons, and two Saitek TQs. Same with my rudder pedals and joystick twist... Doing that via FSUIPC though - not sure if it works internally, as I didn't use internal flightsim systems for a long long time. I believe I have migrated my config since FSX... and I always turn off controllers in the sim.

Edited by SimonC

4 hours ago, SimonC said:

Nah. I have multiple devices mapped to a single analogue axis, and all is good.

I think you’ve been very lucky, then. The main problem with doing that is that you can run into problems with the game not knowing which device to monitor. Many people have had problems over the years with the controls in the aircraft mysteriously jumping to odd positions because of conflicting axis assignments.

i7-6700k | Asus Maximus VIII Hero | 16GB RAM | MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X Plus | Samsung Evo 500GB & 1TB | WD Blue 2 x 1TB | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | AOC 2560x1440 monitor | Win 10 Pro 64-bit