Sign in to follow this  
gronji2004

2D Panels

Hey Guys,

Call me old school but I refuse to upgrade to P3Dv5 and the NGXu purely because of the lack of a 2D panel. VC is not something I enjoy, but either way this thread isn't about that debate!

I'm looking for a new aircraft to fly preferably long haul 747/777 that has a 2D panel, but the complexity of a PMDG aircraft etc.

Can anyone recommend anything?

Cheers,

Alex

8 hours ago, gronji2004 said:

Hey Guys,

Call me old school but I refuse to upgrade to P3Dv5 and the NGXu purely because of the lack of a 2D panel. VC is not something I enjoy, but either way this thread isn't about that debate!

I'm looking for a new aircraft to fly preferably long haul 747/777 that has a 2D panel, but the complexity of a PMDG aircraft etc.

Can anyone recommend anything?

Cheers,

Alex

There is nothing guy but virtualcol freeware and blackbox although i use aerosoft buses mostly now. I used to be like you but the vc stuff grows on you and i have eventually flipped mostly to vc.

system i9 10850K NVidia RTX3090 24GB Samsung SSD980 m.2 1TB (x2) Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD Seagate 2TB external drive Samsung SSD 840 EVO 250GB SSD Asus B460M-PLUS Mobo 32GB GSkill DDR4 3000mhz Ram using P3D v5.3

Not long haul, but the pro version of the Majestic Q400 has very nice 2D panels I believe.

The coolsky DC-9 also has a 2D panel.

Edited by cwburnett

5800X3D | Radeon RX 6900XT

I would get chaseplane. You can assign views to buttons. Makes it easier to move from 2d to vc. Eventually you will need to convert.  You will be thrilled once you adjust. I was a late holdout too. 

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

My recommendation too: Chaseplane + Views with keyboard shortcuts. You can easily make them look like 2D panels. Except you really have some special requirement for 2D panels, like multiple screens...

Edited by SimonC

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

I can't plug chaseplane enough.  It's the single thing that got me to transition from 2D to VC.

iFly offer 2D panel for 737 and 747, but currently for v4 only.