Sign in to follow this  
RodrigoJMelo

Boeing 737-800 GPS not working

Hi, I'm having a problem with the 737-800 GPS. I've set up a flight plan and activated the VOR LOC switch, but the GPS always follow a line about 20 degrees less from where it should be (the pattern is following heading 36, but it goes heading 14). Can somebody help me?

Did you put the NAV/GPS into the GPS position?

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

I don't use the B738, but if you're on approach with the ILS radio frequency set to Active, the autopilot on, then to engage with the Localizer beam you would need to switch to NAV mode, or else the autopilot will just use the GPS route programmed.

5 hours ago, Angels40 said:

I don't use the B738, but if you're on approach with the ILS radio frequency set to Active, the autopilot on, then to engage with the Localizer beam you would need to switch to NAV mode, or else the autopilot will just use the GPS route programmed.

It's not on approach, it's on the actual course of the flight plan.

Ok, just to update the situation, the GPS is working again. I tried activating the VOR LOC switch on a curve (I was flying with HDG SEL activated to try to stay on course) and it's now going alright. Anyway, thanks a lot to the people who tried to help.