Sign in to follow this  
peppy197

ASP3D beta 3 posted

i am not Rob but after testing EA seems still "messed" up with only 2 layers. So for me without EA enabled

• Like 2

Carsten U

Hmm.. seem to be suffering kernelbase crashes with the ASP3D b3 as well. Bummer.

Richard

7950x3d   |   32Gb 6000mHz RAM   |   8Tb NVme   |   RTX 4090    |    MSFS    |    P3D    |      XP12  

Unfortunately it is not working for me. It is stuck on "Installation Needed - Networked" dialog box in a loop after installing ASP3DV4ConnectorInstall.exe on the P3D computer. I am still on P3D V4 HF3.

Edited by Samaritano

There appears to be a pretty severe bug with the PMDG 747 and beta #3--turning on the WX radar can result in the displays becoming laggy and you losing control of the autopilot. I put in a ticket with PMDG and there's a few other people on PMDG's forum experiencing the same thing.

5 hours ago, Rob_Ainscough said:

Edit (once I removed my SimConnect.cfg file on my FS PC). 

Hi Rob , I'm running v4.5+latest hotfix and v5 on the same PC. I didn't realise that v5 doesn't require simconnect based on your comment, does this apply to all aircraft, etc on v5?

regards

Even though it's not very realistic right now with just two cloud layers, boy, does it look good. I am flying True Earth Scotland in P3Dv5 with True Sky and beta 3 of Active Sky, and it is, to be honest, jaw dropping...

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Chapstick said:

There appears to be a pretty severe bug with the PMDG 747 and beta #3--turning on the WX radar can result in the displays becoming laggy and you losing control of the autopilot. I put in a ticket with PMDG and there's a few other people on PMDG's forum experiencing the same thing.

Hmm all seems well here. Currently mid flight in the 74F JFK-ANC and I cant replicate this issue

7 hours ago, Nuno Pinto said:

There's only one way to run v5: EA = On 😛

The way to have something unrealistic with graphical artefacts... So why using a weather injector (AS) with a Beta weather generator (EA). Considering the position of HifiSim, (ActiveSky P3D User's guide page 23) :
KNxOLcX.png

Vincent B.

Check my MSFS sceneries : https://flightsim.to/profile/vbazillio

yes, yes - all true, but it is extremely beautiful, especially when you ascend through an 8/8 cover 🙂

I agree. If all you want is eye candy EA is beautiful and shows a ton of promise down the road. If you are looking for more accurate weather depiction - EA= OFF

Just depends on your style of flying.

Vic

• Like 1

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

could you perhaps share your settings and set up for 5 layers

19 hours ago, peppy197 said:

Change from single shortcut to 2 shortcuts, one for each P3D version variant (v4) or (v5), to quickly startup in the appropriate mode without need for choosing version

LOL....what a confusion....I deleted one....🤥

Virtual Air Canada - Alex Luzajic

1 hour ago, vbazillio said:

The way to have something unrealistic with graphical artefacts... So why using a weather injector (AS) with a Beta weather generator (EA). Considering the position of HifiSim, (ActiveSky P3D User's guide page 23) :

Weather is realistic, depiction is not. I can't live without these clouds and sky anymore, to each his own.

CASE: Louqe S1 MKIII CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4070 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

Since I installed the AS Beta 3 i get a CTD in v5 every time I try to switch aircraft or change any settings once a scenario has started. Anyone else seeing this?

Cheers, Pete

• Upvote 1

Pete Solov - Lake in the Hills 3CK

and Schaumburg Regional 06C
Proud AOPA Member - PPL 2001
Real World Piper Cherokee Pilot