Sign in to follow this  
peppy197

ASP3D beta 3 posted

1 hour ago, Rob_Ainscough said:

In the video, 3:50 min ... just basic setting my own weather not thru HiFi or SDK.

Cheers, Rob.

You can have more than two layers if you manually set the weather. Injection of real weather is limited to two.

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

58 minutes ago, vgbaron said:

You can have more than two layers if you manually set the weather. Injection of real weather is limited to two.

It makes one wonder if hacking into weather.dll might allow more layers. Eh, by the time someone figures out how to do that, LM will have probably added formal trueSky access via the PDK.

58 minutes ago, jabloomf1230 said:

It makes one wonder if hacking into weather.dll might allow more layers. Eh, by the time someone figures out how to do that, LM will have probably added formal trueSky access via the PDK.

It would require a hack Jay, LM has not supplied an API for TrueSky yet. I imagine they have lots planned down the road.

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Does it fix the issue of the program not even launching? I raised a ticket which ended up with me getting told to post on their forum for them to "monitor the issue".

Things never progressed from there. Pretty poor really!!

P3D & X-Plane 11 - Videos and streaming @ V Special 1

ASP3D is a beta release and as such, there is no tech support provided. You make a report, if they can duplicate it they will include it in the next beta but individual support is not available. There is a post to that effect on their site.

Cross fingers. Just ran a 2.5 hours flight above True Earth Washington without a issue. Launch Active Sky and forget it. I really appreciate the weather depiction : broken skies west of Seattle, scattered heading south and few clouds approaching Bowerman. I really love that weather condition changed when I look around me. So far so good !

5zPguks.jpg

"Floating" mountain

MAXTRSR.jpg

I have to found something better than the REX 4 Texture Direct + Soft Clouds for this low clouds. Was using previously TOGA EnvTex.

P5L2a1X.jpg

Along the coastline southbound, approaching Bowerman, the weather is is better down there

B1iXcAX.jpg

• Upvote 1

Vincent B.

Check my MSFS sceneries : https://flightsim.to/profile/vbazillio

3 hours ago, vgbaron said:

ASP3D is a beta release and as such, there is no tech support provided. You make a report, if they can duplicate it they will include it in the next beta but individual support is not available. There is a post to that effect on their site.

Sure I get that. If I had an issue with the clouds or occasional CTDs then fine. The fact I can't even launch the program when loads of others can suggests the issue may well be system specific.

So some support to ensure that I had installed it correctly would have been appreciated. As it happens having installed this third version I still have the same issue. Seeing as it doesn't seem to be widely reported I doubt it's top of their fix list either.

I've had issues with beta software in the past where the developers have been a lot more engaging in working with me towards a solution.

On 5/24/2020 at 8:34 AM, Swe_Richard said:

I hope this fixes my CTD issues. Would love to have some weather in my sim again.. 😉

I'm starting to think that ASP3D was never the one to blame. For me, it all seems to narrow down to Objectflow. Disable that = no kernelbase crashes. 

Richard

7950x3d   |   32Gb 6000mHz RAM   |   8Tb NVme   |   RTX 4090    |    MSFS    |    P3D    |      XP12  

21 hours ago, Rob_Ainscough said:

It does require a SimConnect client (this is dependent on the vendor) ... my SimConnect.cfg is actually for networking and doesn't need to be on my main FS PC, only the server PC ... I think it was a left over from prior legacy days.  Don't confuse it with SimConnect.xml and SimConnect.ini (those are located elsewhere).  

In order to retain FSX compatibility, many vendors use legacy SimConnect Clients installs rather than the P3D specific managed SimConnect.dll.

Cheers Rob.

Very good explanation Rob, thanks for making things for me.

6 hours ago, Matthew James de Bohun said:

Sure I get that. If I had an issue with the clouds or occasional CTDs then fine. The fact I can't even launch the program when loads of others can suggests the issue may well be system specific.

So some support to ensure that I had installed it correctly would have been appreciated. As it happens having installed this third version I still have the same issue. Seeing as it doesn't seem to be widely reported I doubt it's top of their fix list either.

I've had issues with beta software in the past where the developers have been a lot more engaging in working with me towards a solution.

So you cannot even get as to run or it shows and closes? I assume you've tried the uninstall and reinstall. Error messages?

What I would do - uninstall ASP3D. Rename your dll.xml and p3d.cfg file. Start p3d and let them rebuild. Now install ASP3D in it's own folder, say C:\HiFi\ASP3D. now try to run it. If it does work - start replacing entries in dll.xml. If it doesn't work, look closely at your permissions, your AV settings and be sure you have all the simconnect versions installed.

Vic

2 hours ago, vgbaron said:

So you cannot even get as to run or it shows and closes? I assume you've tried the uninstall and reinstall. Error messages?

What I would do - uninstall ASP3D. Rename your dll.xml and p3d.cfg file. Start p3d and let them rebuild. Now install ASP3D in it's own folder, say C:\HiFi\ASP3D. now try to run it. If it does work - start replacing entries in dll.xml. If it doesn't work, look closely at your permissions, your AV settings and be sure you have all the simconnect versions installed.

Vic

I get as far as the screen where you choose v4 or v5 and then it just dissapears. I'll have a look when I can with your suggestions and see if that helps. Thanks!