Sign in to follow this  
cooperwarner8

In-sim messsages flashing

Hi guys

Just did a fresh install of V5 on my new hard drive (so i dont have to install on C)

In the proccess of my first flight now and all my green sim messages such as GSX, Door messages etc are flashing like crazy

Never seen this before and not sure what is causing it. I thought maybe GSX but the same thing happens when it gives me messages about opening and closing doors 

Any ideas?

I have the latest versions of everything

Edited by cooperwarner8

AMD Ryzen 3800X 3.9 GHz Turbo up to 4.2 GHz

GeForce RTX 2080 Ti Windforce 11GB

32GB 3200MHz RAM 

1TB Crucial SSD & 1 500GB Crucial SSD

Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, CH Products Pro Pedals

I see this as well.

I have been able to reduce the flashing by right clicking in the sim message and choosing to undock. This will create a new window which you can move around your desktop, or to a second monitor if you have one.

This probably doesnt suit many users, but in my setup, undocking the message window works out OK.

Yeah I have this too. It happens to the GSX messages, PMDG initialising messages, also RC window too. I have seen the Parking Brakes message flash momentarily too.

It might be a simconnect issue but i don't know how to update this

AMD Ryzen 3800X 3.9 GHz Turbo up to 4.2 GHz

GeForce RTX 2080 Ti Windforce 11GB

32GB 3200MHz RAM 

1TB Crucial SSD & 1 500GB Crucial SSD

Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, CH Products Pro Pedals

Hi,

IMO this is an issue with the sim itself, nothing that can be solved by the user. 

There is more to the text messages in V5. They can freeze the sim if implemented incorrectly (= the way we always did), that is new as well.

Best regards

Edited by Lorby_SI

LORBY-SI