Sign in to follow this  
joelpacheco

Center on 1.5?

I flew a KLAS-KBUR flight 3 times and got the same problem each time. Right before Palmdale I get transferred to another Center but it always tells me to Contact Center on “1.5” which doesn’t make sense. I read back with some random frequency so ATC will correct me and after a few tries it finally gives me a valid frequency. Has anyone experience this? I search the forum but couldn’t find any reference to this problem.

Joel Pacheco

X-plane 11.5, i7 4790k OC 4.8GHz (1.330V) - Nvidia GTX 1080ti - Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mark 2 - Corsair Hydro Series H115i - Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB 1866MHz DDR3 CL10 - Samsung 860 EVO SSD 500Gb  - Windows 10 Pro - HP Reverb G2 

In the real world Tom would be correct, but ATC and Pilot2ATC would not give you that abbreviated frequency assignment.  Might be OK for a real world readback.

If you can send the P2A log for the flight where this happened to admin@pilot2atc.com, I'll try to find and fix the bug.

P2A Log files are located in: C:\Users\<UserName>\AppData\Roaming\P2A_200\Logs where <UserName> is your PC user name. 
Portions of the path may be hidden by default, so be sure Windows Explorer has Show Hidden Items checked in the View tab.
A new one is created each time you start Pilot2ATC, and is closed when you shut it down. So if you take the most recent one after you have the error and after you shut down P2A, you should have the correct one.  

Dave

Dave,

The reason I was quick to respond was because I've gotten that call a number of times.  And not always that particular frequency. I actually liked it.  It was a change of pace that makes me more attentive.

Let me know if you have trouble finding the bug and I'll send a log next time I hear it.

Tom

11 hours ago, tjrush said:

I believe that would be 121.5

Thanks Tom,

An abbreviation was my first thought too, but the actual frequency was very different. 

ATC Speak:  DELTA Three Two Contact LOS ANGELES Center on One  Point Three have a good afternoon 16:08:29

Sug Resp:  ~Center on One Three Two Point Three16:08:29

Thanks Dave,
I emailed you the log file. Thank you for looking into it.

Joel Pacheco

X-plane 11.5, i7 4790k OC 4.8GHz (1.330V) - Nvidia GTX 1080ti - Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mark 2 - Corsair Hydro Series H115i - Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB 1866MHz DDR3 CL10 - Samsung 860 EVO SSD 500Gb  - Windows 10 Pro - HP Reverb G2 

For your example, I believe the correct response would have been 121.3.  Keep in mind that the bottom left of the P2A screen shows the assigned frequency. I think that the full frequency is shown there even when you're given an abbreviated frequency.

Tom

1 hour ago, Dave-Pilot2ATC said:

I finally found the bug.  It will be fixed in the next update.

Thanks for the logs.

Dave

Thanks Dave!
After you mentioning my callsign was the same as the the missing digits, I repeated the same flight with a different callsign and it gave me the correct frequency 132.3 form start. Now I have a workaround until the next update.

Joel Pacheco